Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Vodafone home broadband down?

• 08-11-2013 9:28am
    Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Regional North East Moderators Posts: 10,869 Mod ✭✭✭✭

Anyone else on Vodafone (or any DSL) broadband having problems this morning? I'm in Meath. Just interested to know if it's widespread before I call them.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,400 ✭✭✭✭Vicxas

Yep mine is down too in Navan

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Regional North East Moderators Posts: 10,869 Mod ✭✭✭✭PauloMN

Grand, widespread problem so, which is better tbh as it'll be fixed quicker. Thanks for the reply!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,262 ✭✭✭halkar

Down in Edenderry too. I gave up on tech support, hard to get to.

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Regional North East Moderators Posts: 10,869 Mod ✭✭✭✭PauloMN

Eventually got through to tech support after 20 mins waiting, and the lady said "broadband down?" before I said anything. It's affecting all 04X area codes seemingly.

Someone reboot the big 04X router please!! :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,743 ✭✭✭bluemachaveli

Seems to be a major issue in the North-East. Affecting a lot of people.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,504 ✭✭✭viking

Down for me in Kinnegad, tech support told me it was an issue with my line... :rolleyes:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 921 ✭✭✭Vico1612

PauloMN wrote: »
    Eventually got through to tech support after 20 mins waiting, and the lady said "broadband down?" before I said anything. It's affecting all 04X area codes seemingly.

Someone reboot the big 04X router please!! :D

Go out for a run whilst DSL is down ;)

Vico1612 wrote: »
    Go out for a run whilst DSL is down ;)

3G backup... gotta work! :(

• Registered Users Posts: 19 kennbren

Cavan here, its down here as well. Its been problematic ever since we upgraded to faster broadband speed. I'll admit that it is much faster but keeps dropping the connection. I'm told its because I didn't purchase a vodafone router !

Looks like we're back in business.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,504 ✭✭✭viking

Yep, its back

EDIT: no its not

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,558 ✭✭✭Duff

Brother rang me there to say his is back on the other side of town but no sign of mine working yet..

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,322 ✭✭✭nc6000

The one day this week I pick to work from home........

Has anyones come back yet?

Was back for a while, just gone again now. FFS Vodafone, sort it out. :mad:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,558 ✭✭✭Duff

Mines back up and running.

Back again now, wouldn't have a lot of confidence in it for the rest of the day though!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,322 ✭✭✭nc6000

Looks like it's back now.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,462 ✭✭✭projectgtr

Hows everyones speeds my torrents seem capped at 200kB/s since things went back up

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,323 ✭✭✭jay93

It wasnt just Vodafone Eircom and Sky were also down.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,585 ✭✭✭jca

kennbren wrote: »
    Cavan here, its down here as well. Its been problematic ever since we upgraded to faster broadband speed. I'll admit that it is much faster but keeps dropping the connection. I'm told its because I didn't purchase a vodafone router !
    What router are you using? I thought you needed a special router for the efibre.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 5,756 ✭✭✭demanufactured

A few major exchanges went down between thursday and Friday ...eircom re routed traffic through an exchange in the west but ut crumbled under the load and thats why you all lost service.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,756 ✭✭✭demanufactured

A few major exchanges went down between thursday and Friday ...eircom re routed traffic through an exchange in the west but ut crumbled under the load and thats why you all lost service.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,822 ✭✭✭Chazz Michael Michaels

How are Vodafone in general?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,585 ✭✭✭jca

How are Vodafone in general?
    I'm having terrible trouble with them at the moment. I'm waiting since the 23rd of september for them to switch my BB from Sky to them:mad: Shocking service I keep getting pushed from one person to another, promised call backs that never happen, emails not being replied to, I'm not a happy bunny. Think I'll go to Eircom.

Advertisement