Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

iCloud Restore

• 08-11-2013 9:32am
    Registered Users Posts: 708 ✭✭✭

Picked up the 5s there yesterday - did a backup of my iPhone 4 yesterday afternoon, switched my sim card over and commenced the restore.

The apps restored within 10 minutes of me switching on the phone but it's taken forever with everything else. It's only just finished the photo stream restore (c.2000 photos) at 6am this morning.

It's now stuck trying to restore my music by the looks of it - i opened the music app and it's said "Loading iTunes Match" for the last 2.5hours.

Is this a sever case of 'user error'? Do I just need to be patient and wait it out? Or is this something wrong somewhere? I need to upgrade to the newer iOS7 for work but it won't let me until the restore is complete.

I'm on WiFi and have been since yesterday.

Any suggestions/help etc would be much appreciated.

TB

Comments

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 22,679 CMod ✭✭✭✭Sad Professor

Try disabling and re-enabling iTunes Match. It's buggy. I usually have to fiddle with it quite a bit before it works.

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 14,997 Mod ✭✭✭✭whiterebel

Picked up the 5s there yesterday - did a backup of my iPhone 4 yesterday afternoon, switched my sim card over and commenced the restore.

The apps restored within 10 minutes of me switching on the phone but it's taken forever with everything else. It's only just finished the photo stream restore (c.2000 photos) at 6am this morning.

It's now stuck trying to restore my music by the looks of it - i opened the music app and it's said "Loading iTunes Match" for the last 2.5hours.

Is this a sever case of 'user error'? Do I just need to be patient and wait it out? Or is this something wrong somewhere? I need to upgrade to the newer iOS7 for work but it won't let me until the restore is complete.

I'm on WiFi and have been since yesterday.

Any suggestions/help etc would be much appreciated.

TB

Its a bit late now, but for a new phone or big upgrade, I back up to the computer and restore it that way. At least on the computer, even if it's going to take a while I start it before I go to bed and leave it run through the night.

• Registered Users Posts: 708 ✭✭✭Timothy Bryce

Try disabling and re-enabling iTunes Match. It's buggy. I usually have to fiddle with it quite a bit before it works.

Tried that yeah - when I go back into the music app it freezes and then closes.

Done a couple of soft reboots in the meantime and same issue

• Registered Users Posts: 708 ✭✭✭Timothy Bryce

whiterebel wrote: »
    Its a bit late now, but for a new phone or big upgrade, I back up to the computer and restore it that way. At least on the computer, even if it's going to take a while I start it before I go to bed and leave it run through the night.

I still have the old iPhone 4 here and could feasibly do a backup later this evening as a worst case scenario.

Advertisement