Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Meath Spring Half Marathon 2014 (Bohermeen) - March 2nd

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 95 ✭✭vinny1313

I'm in and looking forward to it, just need to shake the cold I picked up after Dungarvan last Sunday.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,642 ✭✭✭TRR

Tom Joad wrote: »
    Ecoli might do it - but you'll probably miss the target by 15 seconds. :D:D

I'll get my coat before I'm banned..:o

He could use it as an MP run :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,762 ✭✭✭✭ecoli

Feck the lot of yet Im off to Carlingford with this sort of abuse :p

• Closed Accounts Posts: 115 ✭✭Lock

Bit the bullet and entered this today. It's my first half-marathon so I'm excited to see what I can do. Although 10k on the road is long enough so it will be brand new territory. It will definitely keep me focused this month as I'm using it mainly as a way of getting me stronger for the summer so we'll see how she goes!

• Registered Users Posts: 29 upsidemark

Anyone know if there is there anywhere to park? The surrounding roads look a bit tight!

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2,682 ✭✭✭pistol_75

upsidemark wrote: »
    Anyone know if there is there anywhere to park? The surrounding roads look a bit tight!

There was off road parking last year. Would assume the same this year.

For anyone not entered yet they were reporting it as 93% full this morning.

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Regional North East Moderators Posts: 10,869 Mod ✭✭✭✭PauloMN

upsidemark wrote: »

There's a field about 500m down from the club grounds that they open for parking, have used it a couple of times no problems. They'll direct you down there on the day.

• Registered Users Posts: 29 upsidemark

Is it well sign posted?

Also, just wondering, I signed up last week, do I get a number in the post? Or do you have to collect it on race day?

• Registered Users Posts: 15,704 ✭✭✭✭RayCun

numbers posted out
    if you drive towards the race centre you'll be directed to the parking area

• Registered Users Posts: 2,551 ✭✭✭chinguetti

PauloMN wrote: »
    There's a field about 500m down from the club grounds that they open for parking, have used it a couple of times no problems. They'll direct you down there on the day.

I parked in that field last year and from memory, the middle of it had a nice crop of rushes growing in it but the winter was alot drier than this year thus far.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 20 Walsht

Hi all yes the field 500mt down from the race HQ will be use again this year. All race numbers will be posted out next week . We are still looking for some pacers so if anyone interested please let me know.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,370 ✭✭✭pconn062

Walsht wrote: »
    Hi all yes the field 500mt down from the race HQ will be use again this year. All race numbers will be posted out next week . We are still looking for some pacers so if anyone interested please let me know.

Hi Walsht, what time zones are looking for pacers in?

• Registered Users Posts: 8,082 ✭✭✭BeepBeep67

pconn062 wrote: »
    Hi Walsht, what time zones are looking for pacers in?

GMT - I believe :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 5,370 ✭✭✭pconn062

BeepBeep67 wrote: »
    GMT - I believe :pac:

:o

There's always one!

• Registered Users Posts: 145 ✭✭PippaChic

I've just entered the 10k. I tripped and sprained my ankle quite badly while running in the pitch dark before Christmas, I'm only doing 5-6k runs now so won't be doing the half marathon this year - maybe I'll try again next year!

Though I am envious of the rest of you who are getting ready for it.....

• Registered Users Posts: 3,759 ✭✭✭belcarra

Just booked in for this also. I will be running the HM at MP (4:30/7:15 pace) for at least the first 10 miles if anyone fancies tagging along...

• Registered Users Posts: 3,606 ✭✭✭RedRunner

belcarra wrote: »
    Just booked in for this also. I will be running the HM at MP (4:30/7:15 pace) for at least the first 10 miles if anyone fancies tagging along...

Might try and keep u in my sights as I will target 1:40 and pacers only at 1:30 and 1:45.

Of course Ill have to find out what u look like first! :-)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,548 ✭✭✭Marthastew

RedRunner wrote: »
    Might try and keep u in my sights as I will target 1:40 and pacers only at 1:30 and 1:45.

Of course Ill have to find out what u look like first! :-)

I'll most likely be joining you, I'll decide next week whether or not to run the full 13.1 @ PMP.

I'm looking forward to this, I really enjoyed it last year; a great club race.

I hope Walsht has got the tractor lined up to pull our cars out of the field;)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,742 ✭✭✭ultraman1

Lookin forward to this aswell,a mans race if there ever was one,.hope the 1:30 guy is as pretty as last years..

• Registered Users Posts: 20 Walsht

Yep Tractors ready to go but long term forecast is for a good weekend so lets hope, also a good tip is to take the 2nd turn in from the Athboy road this will give you easier accsess to the field,

• Advertisement

ultraman1 wrote: »
    Lookin forward to this aswell,a mans race if there ever was one,.hope the 1:30 guy is as pretty as last years..

unless they've recruited Brad Pitt not a feckin' chance!

I am ****ting small bricklets about this race. First race I'll have properly targeted and raced since my miniblow up in DCM. Haven't been this uptight about a race and the impending pain I'm going to undergo Sunday afternoon :o

• Registered Users Posts: 3,606 ✭✭✭RedRunner

TRR wrote: »
    I am ****ting small bricklets about this race. First race I'll have properly targeted and raced since my miniblow up in DCM. Haven't been this uptight about a race and the impending pain I'm going to undergo Sunday afternoon :o

I'm a bit like that myself. A different level to your good self of course. My first proper HM since Sept 2012 so expecting a big PB. Although London is the "main thing" this one feels a little bit like pre-main thing important thing!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,454 ✭✭✭hf4z6sqo7vjngi

TRR wrote: »

What is the half pb?

What is the half pb?

I hate when people say this, but it's a soft PB 74.59. I say that as I've never targeted a half marathon and raced it properly. Have always ran halfs in the lead up to a marathon with no specific training for them. Similar story again this time but I'd like to think I could run sub 75. We will see, I suppose the weather will have a say, it's a decent enough course and definitely better than the phoenix park where I've nearly ran all my half marathons to date

Looking very cold, but calm and dry for Sunday morning.
    Hopefully there won't be any ice on route and if so it should offer a good PB opp for everyone racing this.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,682 ✭✭✭pistol_75

Looking very cold, but calm and dry for Sunday morning.
    Hopefully there won't be any ice on route and if so it should offer a good PB opp for everyone racing this.

Not starting till midday so hopefully temps will have picked up by then. Was a calm enough day last year so more of the same would be perfect.

pistol_75 wrote: »
    Not starting till midday so hopefully temps will have picked up by then. Was a calm enough day last year so more of the same would be perfect.

Yeah last year was pretty decent alright although that 1:30 pacer was so off putting I had to drop back about 3 mins just to avoid the stench...!:D

• Registered Users Posts: 572 ✭✭✭Calvin Johnson

What's your HM pb Belcarra?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,082 ✭✭✭BeepBeep67

Must unfollow this thread, have a made a decision not to do it, but these thread updates are like a fly in my ear!

Advertisement