Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Meath Spring Half Marathon 2014 (Bohermeen) - March 2nd

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,759 ✭✭✭belcarra

What's your HM pb Belcarra?

Happens to be this race last year...1:32:49. Have only raced HMs when training for Marathons though so I'd like to think I'd go sub 90 with the right focus and a few weeks of specific training.:cool:

• Registered Users Posts: 15,704 ✭✭✭✭RayCun

belcarra wrote: »
    Happens to be this race last year...1:32:49. Have only raced HMs when training for Marathons though so I'd like to think I'd go sub 90 with the right focus and a few weeks of specific training.:cool:

Perhaps 90:00? ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 572 ✭✭✭Calvin Johnson

Thanks, so are you still planning to run at 7'10 pace on Sunday?

RayCun wrote: »
    Perhaps 90:00? ;)
    I got caught out with 'Fergie time' last year with those extra added mins of injury time!:rolleyes:
    Thanks, so are you still planning to run at 7'10 pace on Sunday?
    Pretty much but I'll be running in km paces so 4:30/km (7:15/mile).
    I'm planning on running a few slow miles before and after so the goal is to last the full race at MP but can't guarantee I'll hit that pace the whole way!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,642 ✭✭✭TRR

belcarra wrote: »
    Yeah last year was pretty decent alright although that 1:30 pacer was so off putting I had to drop back about 3 mins just to avoid the stench...!:D

That stench was his natural pheromones. Off putting for men but a big plus for the ladies. Don't quote me on this, but apparently record numbers of women were in around the 1.30 mark and those that missed the mark died trying!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 20 Walsht

Hi BeepBeep67 still looking for 1.30 and 1.40 pacer if your interested or if you know of anyone else.

• Registered Users Posts: 53 ✭✭mylifetoday

BeepBeep67.... GO on... GO on, Go on..... I need a 100:00 pacer.

Ran Wicklow Hospice half last wk and thought I had I PB but the consensus seems to be that it may have been measured short.It was a great day and weather was perfect.... But I want an official AAI course PB :)

• Registered Users Posts: 61 ✭✭carlton36

Ran Wicklow Hospice half last wk and thought I had I PB but the consensus seems to be that it may have been measured short.It was a great day and weather was perfect.... But I want an official AAI course PB :)

Is Bohermeen an 'official AAI course'?

• Registered Users Posts: 15,704 ✭✭✭✭RayCun

carlton36 wrote: »
    Is Bohermeen an 'official AAI course'?

It's the Meath Athletics half marathon championship, so I think it's safe to assume it is AAI licensed and measured

• Registered Users Posts: 3,606 ✭✭✭RedRunner

BeepBeep67.... GO on... GO on, Go on..... I need a 100:00 pacer.

Yes, go on ya good thing .I need a 1:40 pacer too!:)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,081 ✭✭✭BeepBeep67

Sorry folks I won't be travelling, have now committed to taking my son to his football match.
    Jaysus - that's 3 races I've entered this year that I won't be doing, along with the extra miles (shoe wear), this running lark is getting expensive!

--> rant thread that way

• Registered Users Posts: 19,517 ✭✭✭✭Krusty_Clown

Walsht wrote: »
    Hi BeepBeep67 still looking for 1.30 and 1.40 pacer if your interested or if you know of anyone else.
    Hi Walsht, I'm not as dashing as TRR and may not give off the same amount of pheromones, but might be available to pace the 90 minute slot, if needed. Will check with the boss.

• Registered Users Posts: 61 ✭✭carlton36

RayCun wrote: »
    It's the Meath Athletics half marathon championship, so I think it's safe to assume it is AAI licensed and measured

Thanks, I ran this last year and thought it was a very well organised event and recommended it to a few guys this year who are running on Sunday.

Based on the experience of last year and the club involved, it never crossed my mind about the AAI license and distance until the earlier poster made a reference to the recent Wicklow race.

• Registered Users Posts: 30 harryt

Please can anyone tell me if there any water stations and if so where are they? I can't see any on the map.Thanks

Water station at club House and half way round at School, I just collected them today 250ml sports cap

Yes this is an official AAI course and part of the Meath championship

• Registered Users Posts: 4 d j

Hello guys. Do you know where to get then number for the race on Sun? I searched the HM website but could not find anything.. Are they posting them or you collect on the day. Any help would let me calm down.

• Registered Users Posts: 53 ✭✭mylifetoday

d j wrote: »
    Hello guys. Do you know where to get then number for the race on Sun? I searched the HM website but could not find anything.. Are they posting them or you collect on the day. Any help would let me calm down.

Received mine in the post yesterday(Wednesday)

Received mine in the post yesterday(Wednesday)

I paid on Monday night, maybe I get mine tmrw

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,134 ✭✭✭Tom Joad

d j wrote: »
    I paid on Monday night, maybe I get mine tmrw

Thank
    you for registring for the above event. Please read the following important
    information regarding bibs and registration.

The
    Half marathon bibs are white and range from numbers 1-1000. The 10k run bibs are
    yellow and range from 1001 - to 1300. Please ensure you have the correct
    bib for the race you are participating in.

Participants who did not receive their race numer in the post will be able to to pick up their bib on Sunday morning. Registration opens from 9:00am and will close 30 mins prior to the first race start.

If
    you need to switch races please pick up your oringial bib and exchange it for a
    new bib in another category with a member of the Precision Timing
    team.

If
    you have enquired already about switches this week you must confirm this change
    with the Precision Timing team on the day.

If
    you have any further questions please don't hesitate to contact
    us.

Kind
    regards

Precision
    Timing

Just got this in an e-mail from Precision which should answer your question.

• Advertisement

Tom Joad wrote: »

Just got this in an e-mail from Precision which should answer your question.

I got the same email too, 3 emails this afternoon from precision.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,065 ✭✭✭dublin runner

Half an hour before the first race? So, if running the HM, half 10 is the cut off for collecting?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,065 ✭✭✭dublin runner

(Bit of car trouble today. If anyone is driving from Dublin I would happily contribute to petrol etc....it'd save me a lot of heart ache on public transport. Thought i'd try on the half chance! Just fire me a PM)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,654 ✭✭✭Muppet Man

Good luck today folks.... Happy running and Come home safe!!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,551 ✭✭✭chinguetti

Did the 10k this morning and boy was it cold and wet. Good bless the warm showers afterwards. Have to say it was as always well run by Bohermeen but I'd one problem with the race.

Does anyone know why the map on the website says the course was right hand and we went left handed the whole way round? The real course was a lot hillier than the profile on the website which was a right pain as I went out too fast for all the hills that I didn't know existed. Paid for it in the last 2 k. Fair enough if they had to change the course late on but I didn't see or hear anything about this change.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,821 ✭✭✭blockic

chinguetti wrote: »
    Did the 10k this morning and boy was it cold and wet. Good bless the warm showers afterwards. Have to say it was as always well run by Bohermeen but I'd one problem with the race.

Does anyone know why the map on the website says the course was right hand and we went left handed the whole way round? The real course was a lot hillier than the profile on the website which was a right pain as I went out too fast for all the hills that I didn't know existed. Paid for it in the last 2 k. Fair enough if they had to change the course late on but I didn't see or hear anything about this change.

The map is a countdown, so it goes from 13.1 - 0 or in your case 6.2-0

Confusing alright but this was the case with the map last year too, the route was not changed last minute i suspect.

Looks like you did not do enough research! ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,551 ✭✭✭chinguetti

I have to disagree blockic as the route for the 10k is the same as one lap of the half on their website but in reverse. We went left handed while the countdown is right handed and I knew about the countdown. The route we did is mainly the 5 mile route as I saw the markings on the road.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,821 ✭✭✭blockic

I have to disagree blockic as the route for the 10k is the same as one lap of the half on their website but in reverse. We went left handed while the countdown is right handed and I knew about the countdown. The route we did is mainly the 5 mile route as I saw the markings on the road.

So was the 10km route clockwise or anti clockwise?

I know last year both were anti-clockwise..seems strange that they would both be the opposite direction..

Just checked the website there and you are correct (was only trying to wind ya up anyway ;)), taking the countdown into consideration it appears that it should be clockwise..

Maybe an error in the map making originally...one countsdown and the other counts up! :confused:

Yep, I did both courses this morning and the 10k course was a surprise to me too. What time did you do Matt? Conditions were very miserable throughout.

• Advertisement

blockic wrote: »
    So was the 10km route clockwise or anti clockwise?

I know last year both were anti-clockwise..seems strange that they would both be the opposite direction..

Just checked the website there and you are correct (was only trying to wind ya up anyway ;)), taking the countdown into consideration it appears that it should be clockwise..

Maybe an error in the map making originally...one countsdown and the other counts up! :confused:

Johnny, this post is the definition of not knowing what you're talking about!
    That is all.
    ;-)

Advertisement