Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Meath Spring Half Marathon 2014 (Bohermeen) - March 2nd

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 7 montbretia

Despite the weather very enjoyable race on Sunday and achieved the desired PB though didn't quite manage to break 1.30.00 despite the fine pacing of Krusty. Very positive experience on the whole though better signage re post-race refreshments would help and agree with others that the sharp right turn into the finish could be done better. Matting should certainly be used on that grassy (muddy) turn in future - an accident waiting to happen there. Minor quibles though - I hope to be back next year!

• Registered Users Posts: 61 ✭✭carlton36

TRR wrote: »
    the organisers changed the direction of the start so that late comers would be coming from the community hall into the back of the field so not to delay the start like previous years. That being the case, why did they delay the start by a couple of minutes? Us runners who had arrived on time, had to wait in the cold and rain until late comers were allowed join the field. They have chips, they still would have got a time. That really pissed me off!

Good point, what were they waiting for while the rest of us were getting drenched?

I wasn't close enough to the front of the start line to tell, but I got the impression they were waiting for guys warming up on the course to get back behind the start line, which would be annoying if it was the case.

Overall, a great event and I'd go back.

Was very grateful for the warm showers afterwards.

Awful conditions for the volunteers so thanks to all involved.

• Registered Users Posts: 19,517 ✭✭✭✭Krusty_Clown

carlton36 wrote: »
    I wasn't close enough to the front of the start line to tell, but I got the impression they were waiting for guys warming up on the course to get back behind the start line, which would be annoying if it was the case.
    Nope. Waiting for the stragglers at the back of the field, who didn't make it to the start line on time.

• Registered Users Posts: 15,704 ✭✭✭✭RayCun

There was one woman warming up out front who was charging back to the line - I wouldn't mind that. But when she got back the announcer said there were still people coming from the clubhouse - SO ****ING WHAT!?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,759 ✭✭✭belcarra

I was one of the last to get to the back of the pack (because I was coming directly from the 10k run) and there was a handful still making their way to the start but nothing that was worth delaying for.
    By the time it started I was still 50m off the back of the pack and there really didn't look like any reason for a delay.

Going back to TRR's post though: Was he not saying this in jest due to being late himself last year??:cool:

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2,642 ✭✭✭TRR

belcarra wrote: »

Going back to TRR's post though: Was he not saying this in jest due to being late himself last year??:cool:

I was bang on time last year. I was even early enough that I had time to use the facilities beforehand! Don't know why people keep saying I was late :confused:

I was bang on time last year. I was even early enough that I had time to use the facilities beforehand! Don't know why people keep saying I was late :confused:

Ahh, maybe I've been listening to too many mischievous comments from last year! Apologies for tarnishing your fine upstanding rep!;)

Ahh, maybe I've been listening to too many mischievous comments from last year! Apologies for tarnishing your fine upstanding rep!;)

maybe so but my reputation is in the gutter :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,762 ✭✭✭✭ecoli

maybe so but my reputation is in the gutter :)

Your protegé is probably outshining you here tbf. I reckon as we speak he is already teaching the new addition how to abuse the fine folk of Sisters Pearse :P

• Registered Users Posts: 4 d j

I run HM, and I think the rain helped to keep body temperature down. It also cut my time by 15 min. which really surprised me.(1 hour 49 min) The only bad thing about the rain which was annoying and got to me at the last 2 miles was that my socks got wet. I felt my feet burning, not a pleasant feeling...

Did anybody run 10k and HM? It only got to me now this was well planned for somebody preparing for marathon.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 233 ✭✭kabuxa

I did the 10K, and I was really happy. I am a beginner and I was not prepared for it, I wanted to see how long I could go for. I joined another 2 ladies from the club and they kept me going... they were chatting away and I was listening and I did it!! Amazing time for me in my view. Very well organised I have to say.... the only thing, I did not get a t-shirt (snif snif) When I joined it said there were 150 people registred and there is a cap at 200 for the t-shirt. So I assumed.... when I arrived i saw the really nice orange t-shirt and I realised my number was higher than 200. Not sure how but I guess that was right.
    And I do agree about the road and the cars, when we were leaving we were going on the same direction of the runners. One gave out to us,... but probably cones next year or something should be done.
    Anyway, still on a high (my legs are killing me know for not stretching ;o)))))

kabuxa wrote: »
    the only thing, I did not get a t-shirt (snif snif)

Private message me an address and I'll post you an unworn medium t-shirt

Private message me an address and I'll post you an unworn medium t-shirt
    Really?? Really????? OMG! I pay for postage. Are you sure? Might sound a bit overexcited but these things are very important for beginners. Thanks so much!!

• Registered Users Posts: 145 ✭✭PippaChic

I did the 10K, and I was really happy. I am a beginner and I was not prepared for it, I wanted to see how long I could go for. I joined another 2 ladies from the club and they kept me going... they were chatting away and I was listening and I did it!! Amazing time for me in my view. Very well organised I have to say.... the only thing, I did not get a t-shirt (snif snif) When I joined it said there were 150 people registred and there is a cap at 200 for the t-shirt. So I assumed.... when I arrived i saw the really nice orange t-shirt and I realised my number was higher than 200. Not sure how but I guess that was right.
    And I do agree about the road and the cars, when we were leaving we were going on the same direction of the runners. One gave out to us,... but probably cones next year or something should be done.
    Anyway, still on a high (my legs are killing me know for not stretching ;o)))))
    Well done, I did the 10km too! I got a t shirt, medium size - I prefer last years colour so if you want it I'll post it to you, just pm me!

Edit: I've just seen TRR's post offering you the same!

Hi PippaChic, Well done to you too! It is always a great achievement, isn't it! ;o))

TRR is sending me one but thanks a lot for offering ;o))) What colour was last year's? ;o))

• Registered Users Posts: 145 ✭✭PippaChic

Hi PippaChic, Well done to you too! It is always a great achievement, isn't it! ;o))

TRR is sending me one but thanks a lot for offering ;o))) What colour was last year's? ;o))
    Thanks kabuxa! Last years was yellow - never mind, someone else pm'd me so I'm offloading t shirt elsewhere!
    Wear yours with pride when you get it!

Oh I will. Thanks again! I prefer orange so everyone's happy ;o)))

• Registered Users Posts: 20 Walsht

Hi I can get you a tee shirt but only large size left, we have limited stock left, send me a pm

Hi Walsht, thanks a lot for this. TRR is sending me one as well. Thanks again so much!

TRR: I got the t-shirt! Thanks so much!!!
    Woohoo!!

• Advertisement

TRR: I got the t-shirt! Thanks so much!!!
    Woohoo!!

no problem. I'd like people to read this and realise I'm not a complete bollix ;)

Uh. No, not at all. My hero at the moment ;o))) (just as well my husband does not read the threads)

God knows what have you done in the past for people to think that way. ;o)))) I am sure that's not true.

Thanks again!!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,420 ✭✭✭Ososlo

no problem. I'd like people to read this and realise I'm not a complete bollix ;)

he may be the black sheep... but underneath it all he's a decent auld sod ;)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,121 ✭✭✭tang1

Sunday 8th of March 2015 date for next year for the eager beavers.

tang1 wrote: »

You targeting this Tang? What time...sub 1:28??
    I think I'll make sub 1:30 my goal for the Winter!!

You targeting this Tang? What time...sub 1:28??
    I think I'll make sub 1:30 my goal for the Winter!!

I doubt i will, stress fracture in left & right hip so i'll be no where near half marathon condition. Would love to be joining you on the sub 1.30 train.

I doubt i will, stress fracture in left & right hip so i'll be no where near half marathon condition. Would love to be joining you on the sub 1.30 train.

:mad:

• Registered Users Posts: 15,704 ✭✭✭✭RayCun

any possibility of partial road closures next year?

RayCun wrote: »
    any possibility of partial road closures next year?

Cant answer that for you i'm afraid Ray.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 637 ✭✭✭Arsenium

Hi there,

It didnt look like I would be able to enter this but now due to a change in plans I might be able to enter it after all (the half). Just checked the web and it seems it is still open. Anyone know if all the technical tee shirts are gone? :P

Advertisement