Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Meath Spring Half Marathon 2014 (Bohermeen) - March 2nd

Options
1234568»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,065 ✭✭✭dublin runner

RayCun wrote: »
    anyone do the 10k last year? has the traffic situation improved?

The half was ok, if that helps you. It was a lot better then the 2014 race......no farmers trying to flatten you as you run!

• Registered Users Posts: 95 ✭✭wookiesleep

Really looking forward to this one. Does anyone know from what time the numbers can be collected from? Can't see any info on the fb page.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,883 ✭✭✭Younganne

Numbers will be posted out over the next few days for those who have already entered.

After that collection on Saturday 2 - 4 from Bohermeen Community Centre. No mention of on the day collection.

If anyone is stuck I can collect numbers on Saturday for them.

T-shirt after race is finished.

Bohermeen AC FB page has details.

Race Number Collection( for those who registered after March 1st)

race number collection will take place

Saturday 2.00pm until 4:00pm in Bohermeen Community Centre,(Race HQ)

Sunday 12th from 9:30am in Bohermeen Comminty Centre.

How does the new course compare with the course circa 2013/14? I know it is just the loop in reverse really but what is the consensus on which was more conducive to a faster time.

• Advertisement

I've run the course in both directions however last year was at MP so can't comment on the faster bit, but I definitely think its a little easier going the opposite direction as the hill & flyover are no longer in the last mile now.

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Regional North East Moderators Posts: 10,869 Mod ✭✭✭✭PauloMN

Younganne wrote: »
    I've run the course in both directions however last year was at MP so can't comment on the faster bit, but I definitely think its a little easier going the opposite direction as the hill & flyover are no longer in the last mile now.

+1

I've run the old course a couple of times and the new one last year. Prefer the new route and I think it's a little easier, the finish of the old route was quite tough if you pushed on for the last mile or two.

According to a post on Bohermeen AC webpage on 22 Feb: Pacers have been confirmed for 1.40, 1.50, 2.00, 2.10
    (PS I have nothing to do with Bohermeen AC or the Half marathon)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,526 ✭✭✭Killerz

Hi I'm doing this on Sunday for the first time... may have missed it on earlier pages but couldn't find it here or on facebook - the course map and ideally a profile, water stations too. Any other hints or tips for parking or otherwise gratefully accepted :)

Edit: they finally put up details on facebook last night!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 179 ✭✭Rockyman7

Killerz wrote: »
    Hi I'm doing this on Sunday for the first time... may have missed it on earlier pages but couldn't find it here or on facebook - the course map and ideally a profile, water stations too. Any other hints or tips for parking or otherwise gratefully accepted :)

Edit: they finally put up details on facebook last night!
    get there early .

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 95 ✭✭wookiesleep

Really enjoyed the Race, great to run some country roads. A nice bit of variance to the race with the sun and the wind towards the end. My pacing was way off, took off too fast for the first half but it didn't bite me in the behind for the final few kms thankfully. Finally got the 1.30 out of the way. Great atmosphere and I see why it's such an anticipated event. Thanks to all the volunteers and organisers for a great day out.

• Registered Users Posts: 572 ✭✭✭Calvin Johnson

Any results?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,137 ✭✭✭El Caballo

• Registered Users Posts: 572 ✭✭✭Calvin Johnson

Thank you

Advertisement