Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

When switching doesn't work

Options
  • 08-11-2013 10:44am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 587 ✭✭✭

Hi,

Having been notified via email 2 months ago that I have successfully switched back to ESB (via https://www.electricireland.ie/ - "Electric Ireland Switch successful") , I received an unexpected full bill from Bord Gais for the last billing period. Could someone look into this for me please? The system did generate a reference number for me

Thanks.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,457 ✭✭✭Electric Ireland: David

Hi Dum_Dum,

Once the switch request is made successfully (i.e. with all the necessary information in place), the customer will receive an email notification that the switch has been successful.

The actual registration process, as it is handled by an intermediary body,  can take up to 20 working days for electricity/21 for gas, as outlined as in our T&C's. The customer however will still be registered from the date of the switch request (i.e. it is backdated).

It is possible a bill was issued by Bord Gáis Energy while the switch was still pending completion, and if this is the case, this would be rectified once the switch is finalised. I can check to make sure you're now fully registered with us if you can send us your full name, address, contact number and (if you have it) the switch reference number by private message.

If you have any other questions we'll be happy to help.

Thanks,
    David

Advertisement