Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

What do you do at Xmas?

Options
2»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,062 ✭✭✭afatbollix

Cheers just booked car parking so...

• Registered Users Posts: 5,095 ✭✭✭LadyMayBelle

Realised I never commented on my own thread.

Havent booked flights or anything yet, but gonna head back to Galway on the 20/21st, not sure which yet, and come back on the 29th for work the week of the 30th. This is a first for me as I usually stay in Ireland till about the 6th. Guess it means the others in work can take a bit longer off to spend with their families and I can save my A/L, plus it's never busy that week in work.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,695 ✭✭✭fluke

Oh yeah...going home a few days before the 25th. London is home too but its always a 2nd home. I spent one Christmas away from my home place and after that I said never again would I do it like that. That being said at that time I was travelling completely solo without any solid connections at the time.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,333 ✭✭✭jonnyfingers

Realised I never commented on my own thread.

Havent booked flights or anything yet, but gonna head back to Galway on the 20/21st, not sure which yet, and come back on the 29th for work the week of the 30th. This is a first for me as I usually stay in Ireland till about the 6th. Guess it means the others in work can take a bit longer off to spend with their families and I can save my A/L, plus it's never busy that week in work.

We're doing the exact same thing. Usually stay at home until after New Years so will be a bit strange this year.

• Registered Users Posts: 418 ✭✭Henry9

I usually go back home to Kilkenny, but this year I'm hanging around.
    A combination of leaving it late to book anything and recently moving flat to North Lon money is short anyway.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 109 ✭✭Zippy1991

Heading back to Ireland on the 21st and staying in Dublin before heading home on the 22nd.

Back up to Dublin on 28th for Leopardstown and Leinster v Ulster

Back to London on 4th to start back at work on 6th.

Flights were £150, bloody left it too late to get the sail rail home so all of the above are **weather permitting** !!!

Advertisement