Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Dressy black tops for dd+ ladies..

• 08-11-2013 11:48am
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,095 ✭✭✭

I love the high neck/peter pan/round necked collared style tops that have been in fashion for the guts of 18months now, but they are a nighmare for big busted ladies like myself. I am searching for nice, dressy (black ideally!) fitted tops that dont add to the bust; they really are hard to find, and the only ones I have seen are standard boring vnecks from 'basics' collections.
    Anyone share my plight and can advise?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 45 FBee

I was just going to say the V-Necks!
    I know you said you like the high neck lines, but avoid! They really do not suit bigger busted ladies, they just make your bust look like one and give the appearance of a much larger bust. Same goes for halter necks, they make the breasts look bigger too.

Similar to the V-Necks you could go for a scoop neckline. Wrap tops would be good, they separate and enhance the breasts. Try and go for a 3/4 length sleeve as well, they will suit your shape better than shorter/no sleeves. If you opt for one with straps then get thicker straps.

The jacket you wear also makes a difference, go for something fitted in at the waist and go for single breasted jackets rather than double. Make sure you have the correct fitted bra, it does wonders!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,095 ✭✭✭LadyMayBelle

The problem is that at the moment and for the past long while, its been hard to find nice dressy vnecks because it's not in fashion. Ironically, scoop necks dont suit me (I had a style consultation once and even the sylist agreed; they juts dont suit me at all!). Ive looked at Pepperberry as Im a big advocate of Bravissimo, which usually I like but again the vnecks are 'basic' tops; anyone find anything high street-y?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 568 ✭✭✭HelgaWard

Hi,
    Oasis have lots of V-Neck dressy options:
    http://www.oasis-stores.com/alltops/dept/fcp-category/list#filters=CATEGORY!tops%24CATEGORY!v+neck&page=0
    Their website is great because you can filter by category and by neck type.

Warehouse have lots of nice dressy V-Necks also, you can't seem to filter by neck line on their website, but if you click here you will see all their dressy tops options:
    http://www.warehouse.co.uk/tops-and-blouses/dept/fcp-category/list?cm_sp=TopNav-_-Clothing-_-tops#filters=&page=0

Happy Shopping!!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,677 ✭✭✭✭fits

wear dresses?

Sorry no advice but sympathy. Small frame and big boobs are very hard to dress.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 29,654 ✭✭✭✭HeidiHeidi

I feel your pain, OP - I'm exactly the same. Cannot under any circumstances wear round or scoop necks. Last year went looking for dressy tops for occasions coming up - and couldn't find a SINGLE v-necked top anywhere - I couldn't believe it! It was like the whole world (well, Dublin anyway) was one big scoop/round-neck conspiracy!

Coast have come up trumps for me lots of times - I know people groan about them, and they're such a cliché, but they've served me well in the past.

I also occasionally resort to a fitted jacket or sheer flimsy "cardie" type top (very hard to describe!) with a vest top underneath - it's not quite v-neck, but still suits reasonably well. Layering, if you can pull it off, is fantastic (but I've never quite managed it so have no advice on that front I'm afraid).

I'll be keeping an eye on this thread with interest :D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,095 ✭✭✭LadyMayBelle

HeidiHeidi wrote: »
    I feel your pain, OP - I'm exactly the same. Cannot under any circumstances wear round or scoop necks. Last year went looking for dressy tops for occasions coming up - and couldn't find a SINGLE v-necked top anywhere - I couldn't believe it! It was like the whole world (well, Dublin anyway) was one big scoop/round-neck conspiracy!

Coast have come up trumps for me lots of times - I know people groan about them, and they're such a cliché, but they've served me well in the past.

I also occasionally resort to a fitted jacket or sheer flimsy "cardie" type top (very hard to describe!) with a vest top underneath - it's not quite v-neck, but still suits reasonably well. Layering, if you can pull it off, is fantastic (but I've never quite managed it so have no advice on that front I'm afraid).

I'll be keeping an eye on this thread with interest :D
    I do think I know what you mean!
    I went hunting for a top yesterday , reasonable pricing, no luck, plenty of casual basics, (but they aren't dressy and the v neck isn't deep at all). I wear dresses 95%of the time hence wanting a few nice tops!

Wrap dresses are hard to come by also, any I've seen in Oasis and Warehouse and even Wallis have all sorts of spangly fandangles around the bust which is not what we want!!

Will update if I am successful!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 26,928 ✭✭✭✭rainbow kirby

Slightly offbeat, but Biu Biu, a Polish company, have quite a few nice V-neck tops and use Bravissimo/Pepperberry-esque bust sizing. Cheap enough too, most tops work out around £20.

• Registered Users Posts: 4 likeachat

I hear you. A lower scooped peter pan would be fine but not easy to find.
    This casual top is nice
    http://www.julesb.co.uk/womenswear-2/scoop-neck-top-752972.htm

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 27 GZ250

Slightly offbeat, but Biu Biu, a Polish company, have quite a few nice V-neck tops and use Bravissimo/Pepperberry-esque bust sizing. Cheap enough too, most tops work out around £20.

Do they do delivery to Ireland? I can't figure it out on their website :(
    There are some lovely tops etc.,

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 26,928 ✭✭✭✭rainbow kirby

GZ250 wrote: »
    Do they do delivery to Ireland? I can't figure it out on their website :(
    There are some lovely tops etc.,
    I know they deliver to the UK, not 100% sure about Ireland - worth dropping them an email though. Always Parcel Motel if they don't though.

• Advertisement
Advertisement