Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Overclocking SLI GPUs

Options
  • 08-11-2013 11:55am
    Registered Users Posts: 878 ✭✭✭

Basically, how do I tune each card individually in 2-way SLI?

The details:
    I have 2 gtx 670 in sli, and I want to try overclocking them. I'm planning to use precision-X and follow this basic guide:
    http://www.overclock.net/t/1265110/the-gtx-670-overclocking-master-guide

My cards are different brands (EVGA FTW and Zotac), so I want to tune them individually. Precision-X lets me change the settings individually, but how do I test the cards individually? I can test the primary card alone by disabling SLI, but what about the other one? Do I have to move it to the primary slot?

I'm also confused about the way the two cards are identified by software.

Physical locations: Slot 1 = EVGA, Slot 3= Zotac (my motherboard recommends slots 1 & 3 for 2-way SLI)

GPU-Z: EVGA listed first, Zotac second

Precision-X and HWinfo: Zotac listed first, EVGA listed second

Does that sound right? Precision-X and HWinfo don't seem to report the brand of the cards, but I can verify identity by running a non-SLI load and seeing which one gets ramped up.

Advertisement