Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Neurio - Home Intelligence

• 08-11-2013 12:00pm
    Registered Users Posts: 463 ✭✭

Hi there
    Just wondering has anyone looked into the Neurio kickstarter project before?

http://www.kickstarter.com/projects/energyaware/neurio-home-intelligence

Would this work in Ireland? If so, how difficult/expensive would it be to install?

I'd love a way to monitor my energy consumption at home and this looks like a great solution.

Any thoughts?

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 599 ✭✭✭Dublinflyer

I can't see any reason this would not work here in Ireland once they allow Irish ip's to connect to their cloud. I was looking at this kind of thing and I found the whole home automation thing a bit OTT for the average sized Irish house. I got one of the wattage meters that clipped onto my meter and gives a display in the house of current usage. It really makes you realize the difference leaving the lights on in parts of the house that are empty and what difference the energy saving bulbs make. It actually made a difference to our bill for a small investment.

• Registered Users Posts: 463 ✭✭garion

I've decided to give Neurio a miss for now but I might look into it again once it's released and a few reviews are in.

What does your wattage meter show you? Just how much you're consuming overall or does it break it down in any other way?

Advertisement