Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Eircom 1Mb Broadband, what other options??

• 08-11-2013 12:08pm
    Registered Users Posts: 67 ✭✭

We have a broadband box fromun Eircom which gives us 1MB of Broadband.Up until now that has been enough for us, but with other devices in the house now, with 3 children, it is just not enough any more!!

We are at the furthest point from our local Eircom exchange and I have been told that I will only ever be able to get 1MB, nothing faster.

Is this correct, or are there any other methods i.e. box etc., that I could use to up my Broadband speed.

Any recommendations or advice very welcome!!:(

Many thanks for any help out there,

Orlaith.

Comments

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 3,739 Mod ✭✭✭✭The Real B-man

No Posibble way to Boast Signal at that Distance even with Internal Wiring Correct i dont think it would make a difference.

See If & When Efibre is coming to you area

Check Map:
    http://www.eircom.net/efibreinfo/map/

Enter Your Phone Number in Here Click Get Started:
    https://secure.eircom.net/fibre/viewDetails/bundle/bu_23

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 73,472 ✭✭✭✭colm_mcm

Look into fixed wireless broadband, download and upload should be stronger than what you have now.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,122 ✭✭✭BeerWolf

Fixed Wireless, even try Mobile Broadband - I was rather skeptical of going mobile, but it's actually hell of a lot better than my previous FWA provider!

Only issue is the measly data cap... No harm trying them though, they got a week trial period, if you're not happy you can just send it back.

Advertisement