If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

NR818 HDMI Out issue

Options
  • 08-11-2013 12:09pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,015 ✭✭✭

Hey lads, my NR818 main HDMI out seems to have blown. I've been in touch with Onkyo, but was wondering should I just be speaking to you? It was bought in July.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,474 ✭✭✭Richersounds.ie: Dave

Hi Altheus.

Sorry to hear that you having problems with such a good receiver.

Did Onkyo get you to try a factory reset, change of cables etc ?

ATB

Dave

• Registered Users Posts: 1,015 ✭✭✭Altheus

Hi Altheus.

Sorry to hear that you having problems with such a good receiver.

Did Onkyo get you to try a factory reset, change of cables etc ?

ATB

Dave
    I've tried all of the above - but no word back from them yet :(

I would suspect that if you have tried a factory reset and changed cables and you still have no output then it sounds like it will have to go back for repair.

It will still be covered under warranty.

From memory, the 818 has 2 HDMI ouputs, are they both not outputting anything ?

ATB

Dave

I would suspect that if you have tried a factory reset and changed cables and you still have no output then it sounds like it will have to go back for repair.

It will still be covered under warranty.

From memory, the 818 has 2 HDMI ouputs, are they both not outputting anything ?

ATB

Dave
    Just the Main - sub is still working

Hi Altheus.

I have had a chat with Genserve today and they have suggested that we get the receiver back to them as it does sound like it has developed a fault.

It will need returned to us and we will then send it to them in the UK.

Unfortunately it's hard to know turnaround times due to the availability of parts etc but if you want to call them, their number is 00441793 886 333 and they may be able to give you an approx ETA.

Sorry this isn't better news.

ATB

Dave

• Advertisement

Hi Altheus.

I have had a chat with Genserve today and they have suggested that we get the receiver back to them as it does sound like it has developed a fault.

It will need returned to us and we will then send it to them in the UK.

Unfortunately it's hard to know turnaround times due to the availability of parts etc but if you want to call them, their number is 00441793 886 333 and they may be able to give you an approx ETA.

Sorry this isn't better news.

ATB

Dave
    Thanks Dave - I'll get it packaged up and get it up to you asap. Should I do anything in particular with the box?

Rang them there, what do you think it might take? 1 week? 1 month?!

It's likely to take around 2-3 weeks to be honest.

It can really depend on parts and if the parts are available then it may be back sooner but it can take a little longer too.

Sorry, it's just quite difficult to say.

Hope this helps.

ATB

Dave

Going to send this up tomorrow with a courier, I'll enclosed a receipt with it and PM my details.

• Company Representative Posts: 17,282 ✭✭✭✭Richersounds.ie: Kenny

Altheus wrote: »
    Going to send this up tomorrow with a courier, I'll enclosed a receipt with it and PM my details.
    Hi Altheus.

We'll keep our eye out for it and get it looked after as quickly as possible.

• Advertisement

Leave a Comment

Rich Text Editor. To edit a paragraph's style, hit tab to get to the paragraph menu. From there you will be able to pick one style. Nothing defaults to paragraph. An inline formatting menu will show up when you select text. Hit tab to get into that menu. Some elements, such as rich link embeds, images, loading indicators, and error messages may get inserted into the editor. You may navigate to these using the arrow keys inside of the editor and delete them with the delete or backspace key.