Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

TV audio - Best route ?

Options
  • 08-11-2013 12:20pm
    Registered Users Posts: 422 ✭✭

Hi all,

I am looking for some advice in relation to a sound system for my living room / kitchen area. I am in the process of researching a new TV & right now I am dry lining the walls so it is a good opportunity to run all the cables I need ( I am also fitting some new sockets )

I am not going mad with a tv and have set a €600 max budget. because of the layout of the room I also want to put some speakers at the opposite side ( the nosier end ) and I have been researching sound bars a little. However, would I be better with just surface mounting a couple of speakers in the ceiling? Pardon my ignorance but will they also need a sub woofer somewhere close to the tv?

There is so much info available it is hard to get a definitive answer. I am reading all sorts of hassle people are having with incompatibility, sound system having to be independently powered on and off and not working with the volume on the tv..

Can anyone recommend a route I should take ?

Pardon my lack of knowledge.. would appreciate any advice.

Thanks for reading.

Advertisement