Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Secondary School Portlaoise

Options
  • 08-11-2013 12:24pm
    Registered Users Posts: 16

hi

I need some help and advice. My son is in 6th class now,and is time to choose secondary school.
    we were pretty sure to enrol him to Portlaoise College Secondary School.A few days ago,one of other parents said that its not the best choice because the school had some incidents with student's behaviour,racist attacks etc.

would be very grateful for any information from people who has real experience with this school.
    Also info about St. Mary's CBS would be helpful.
    thank you:)

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 18,602 ✭✭✭✭The Princess Bride

To be fair, if you talk to parents of children in any school in Laois (or other counties), you'll hear the negative and the positive.

I only know from local newspapers, the LC results from Portlaoise College are excellant.
    I know a family whose child has special educational requirements and has made huge progress since he started there.

A student who has good social skills and is well balanced, should do well anywhere, regardless of others being negative.

• Registered Users Posts: 16 marigo1

To be fair, if you talk to parents of children in any school in Laois (or other counties), you'll hear the negative and the positive.

I only know from local newspapers, the LC results from Portlaoise College are excellant.
    I know a family whose child has special educational requirements and has made huge progress since he started there.

A student who has good social skills and is well balanced, should do well anywhere, regardless of others being negative.

Thank you.I know you are right. There always are negative and positive opinions. My question was a bit naive....silly....
    Anyway, thank you for your response.:)

• Registered Users Posts: 63 ✭✭mamakitten

My son goes to St Marys CBS and is doing his JC this year. So far I have had no issues with the school at all and he is doing well . It seems a very good school, very little behaviour issues or bullying (or at least none that I have heard). My other son is also in 6th class this year and will be heading to the CBS in Sept 2014, hth.

Advertisement