Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Running At Night

Options
  • 08-11-2013 12:33pm
    Registered Users Posts: 149 ✭✭

Can recommend me some gear to run at night and where cn itb be got? Working til late now most days so cant do any fitness training during the day.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 15,704 ✭✭✭✭RayCun

free running bibs available from RSA, Lidll and Aldi do reflective/lit armbands sometimes, and a running shop for anything else

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,957 ✭✭✭digger2d2

Depending on where you live I'd suggest a head torch, pavements are lethal on dark winter nights

• Registered Users Posts: 312 ✭✭monthehoops

RayCun wrote: »
    free running bibs available from RSA, Lidll and Aldi do reflective/lit armbands sometimes, and a running shop for anything else

RSA also will do armbands and rucksack covers.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,593 ✭✭✭tommycahir

digger2d2 wrote: »
    Depending on where you live I'd suggest a head torch, pavements are lethal on dark winter nights

after going for a run yesterday evening using one of those aldi head torches I would recommend avoid at all costs if you live in the country, currently looking at the LED Lenser H7R Rechargeable Head Lamp (Black) - Box
    so if anybody has any comments on that please let me know

• Registered Users Posts: 149 ✭✭donnbradman

tommycahir wrote: »
    after going for a run yesterday evening using one of those aldi head torches I would recommend avoid at all costs if you live in the country, currently looking at the LED Lenser H7R Rechargeable Head Lamp (Black) - Box

unfortunately thats where i am based

• Advertisement

Posted in the following thread also and got some good reviews might help you also

http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?p=87411159

• Registered Users Posts: 2,029 ✭✭✭Extrasupervery

I usually run earlier so it's brighter but I just went out there and I gotta say I did not feel safe. I had a high viz jacket on and my phone on me but christ it's dark. Even on the main path in the Phoenix Park I didn't feel safe on my own.

• Registered Users Posts: 582 ✭✭✭axe2grind

I've seen runners with flashing leds on the arms. As a driver these did seem to be effective in helping to get them noticed.

Would someone provide a link to these?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,420 ✭✭✭Ososlo

axe2grind wrote: »
    I've seen runners with flashing leds on the arms. As a driver these did seem to be effective in helping to get them noticed.

Would someone provide a link to these?

http://www.amazon.co.uk/Time-To-Run-Visibility-Armband/dp/B000WPW7Q8

there ya go but be prepared to look like a Christmas tree! At least it's in-season... almost!

Sorry for resurrecting an oldish thread but I picked up the non rechargeable version of this on amazon for £26.99 (as they released a new version of the headlamps) and I have to say that it is excellent , I have used it twice and am very impressed with it and its stability on the head when compared to the aldi one that I had.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 914 ✭✭✭Bulmers74

Sorry for resurrecting an oldish thread but I picked up the non rechargeable version of this on amazon for £26.99 (as they released a new version of the headlamps) and I have to say that it is excellent , I have used it twice and am very impressed with it and its stability on the head when compared to the aldi one that I had.

Tommy, have you a link for that headlamp?

Hi

This is the one that I got (Link) but seems to have gone back up to 37.85£ at the moment.

Advertisement