Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

PS2 Games Online

Options
  • 08-11-2013 12:58pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 1,700 ✭✭✭

Hi. This is probably a stupid question, but can I play all PS2 games with 'Network Play' on the current PS network via a PS3. I always thought that the old PS2 network was different, and most likely defunct. Is it still in operation?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,835 ✭✭✭✭cloud493

No most of the servers are offline now.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,700 ✭✭✭ThirdMan

Cheers. I learned the hard way yesterday after a series of unsuccessful attempts to get Pro Evo 6 online.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 80,296 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sephiroth_dude

I never used my ps2 online,did you have to connect via eternet cable?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,700 ✭✭✭ThirdMan

I never used my ps2 online,did you have to connect via eternet cable?

That was the problem. There didn't seem to be an option to connect via wireless. I'm not too good with this stuff, so plenty of head scratching ensued. I eventually came across a wiki article listing all the PS2 game that are no longer supported online, and Pro Evo was on it, so that put an end to it. But I don't know if any game connects via wireless. Probably not if my experience is anything to go by.

• Registered Users Posts: 20,830 ✭✭✭✭Taltos

I think from memory

Original FAT PS2 - you had to buy a slot in expansion that added an ethernet port.
    All later models came with it inbuilt.

Don't think there was a wireless version but again from memory.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 11,835 ✭✭✭✭cloud493

Do any of the games still work?

Advertisement