Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Skin In The Game

2»

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,569 ✭✭✭✭ProudDUB

You seem the only one getting flustered.
    My point was simple,that their is nothing unique about he's case.
    If someone said the same about a man from your own county,ye would be not shy in giving out.
    Lar has he's faults but to make jibes about that,the fact that nearly ever player has or will do the same as him, in the future is a bit much.]

I am sure there are plenty of young fellas up and down the county, who still live at home, who keep their mammies busy with their washing. No one is disputing that. But Lar is 32. He is married. He is living away from home and yet he still has his mammy do his washing for him. That is what people are getting at. I doubt if all the married 32 year old all over the country are still doing that.

I thought it was a fairly dull program. They crammed too much into a one hour program, and what they did show wasn't all that interesting. It would have been much better if they gave the hour to each of them, they followed them all year long (not just over the summer) and they spoke to their partners, employers, kids, team mates, friends, families etc etc, to get their opinions on what it is like to live with or work with an inter county player.

The camogie player and the hurler came across very well, but they should have put a bit more effort into getting a couple of others who were as funny and engaging. Watching Cadogan and Corbett was like watching paint dry. I know that they are athletes primarily, and not public speakers. But seeing as the program was all about them talking into the camera, you'd think they'd make an effort to get people that were a little bit more engaging and lively than them.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,733 ✭✭✭Grats

You seem the only one getting flustered.
    My point was simple,that their is nothing unique about he's case.
    If someone said the same about a man from your own county,ye would be not shy in giving out.
    Lar has he's faults but to make jibes about that,the fact that nearly ever player has or will do the same as him, in the future is a bit much.

I'm not one bit flustered. The program was a joke and posters are responding in a similar fashion. Most people can operate a washing machine btw!

Anyway, my point is that if you court the media then put up with the consequences.

• Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators, Regional Midwest Moderators, Regional West Moderators Posts: 16,724 Mod ✭✭✭✭yop

ProudDUB wrote: »
    I am sure there are plenty of young fellas up and down the county, who still live at home, who keep their mammies busy with their washing. No one is disputing that. But Lar is 32. He is married. He is living away from home and yet he still has his mammy do his washing for him. That is what people are getting at. I doubt if all the married 32 year old all over the country are still doing that.

I thought it was a fairly dull program. They crammed too much into a one hour program, and what they did show wasn't all that interesting. It would have been much better if they gave the hour to each of them, they followed them all year long (not just over the summer) and they spoke to their partners, employers, kids, team mates, friends, families etc etc, to get their opinions on what it is like to live with or work with an inter county player.

The camogie player and the hurler came across very well, but they should have put a bit more effort into getting a couple of others who were as funny and engaging. Watching Cadogan and Corbett was like watching paint dry. I know that they are athletes primarily, and not public speakers. But seeing as the program was all about them talking into the camera, you'd think they'd make an effort to get people that were a little bit more engaging and lively than them.

Very true point, I get her to iron them as well :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,915 ✭✭✭✭Realt Dearg Sec

yop wrote: »
    Very true point, I get her to iron them as well :D

Ironing your training gear? Well holy God!

• Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators, Regional Midwest Moderators, Regional West Moderators Posts: 16,724 Mod ✭✭✭✭yop

Ironing your training gear? Well holy God!

And a pleat in my shorts. Its A1 stuff

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,915 ✭✭✭✭Realt Dearg Sec

yop wrote: »
    And a pleat in my shorts. Its A1 stuff

Good way of intimidating your man. "Jesus this lad must be serious...f##kin ironed shorts!"

• Registered Users Posts: 18 bigcat13

Good way of intimidating your man. "Jesus this lad must be serious...f##kin ironed shorts!"

More like, "****ing pansy, 1st ball that drops this boy is gettin a belt in the jaw".

PMSL, I think they thought I was a pro. Then the 1st ball in soon confirmed I wasn't :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,569 ✭✭✭✭ProudDUB

The way this thread is going reminds me of the fallout from the first episode of the recent series of Love/Hate. People are getting clipped left and right and all people care about is a cat going to meet its maker.

Then RTE air a behind the scenes documentary on the challenges that GAA players face in real life. But all everyone can talk about is Lar Corbett's mammy doing is laundry. God I love this country ! :D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 14,193 ✭✭✭✭Kerrydude1981

That yoga Anna was doing would be the mighty the day after a feed of pints :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,734 ✭✭✭Fowler87

That yoga Anna was doing would be the mighty the day after a feed of pints :D

You wouldn't miss a session if she was there anyhow:D

• Registered Users Posts: 14,193 ✭✭✭✭Kerrydude1981

The one I'd like to see is Briege Corkery, given that she is one of a handful of duel players in the country, and to see behind her life given that she is playing both camogie and ladies football at the highest level, senior club who won their first county title ever this year, and she is some craic!

I Sky+ the women's Allstars that was shown on TG4 this evening,the way the programme was as TG4 usually do top class.

Any chance now ye will let go of that grip on the trophy and let the ladies of the Kingdom have their day?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,706 ✭✭✭premierstone

bigcat13 wrote: »
    Lar should stay off the telly cos everytime he opens his mouth he comes across as a gormless, humourless twit.

Quite true but isn't it funny how some don't need top be on telly at all and still manage to achieve the same ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 18 bigcat13

Quite true but isn't it funny how some don't need top be on telly at all and still manage to achieve the same ;)

You've lost me! Who are referring to?

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Regional South Moderators Posts: 15,247 Mod ✭✭✭✭rebel girl 15

Finally got to watch this tonight - when I heard it was only one episode I was disappointed, and having watched it, there was definitely more scope for viewing. Pity about no ladies football being included in it, but that is nothing new!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,593 ✭✭✭djemba djemba

Finally got to watch this tonight - when I heard it was only one episode I was disappointed, and having watched it, there was definitely more scope for viewing. Pity about no ladies football being included in it, but that is nothing new!

Just watched the show on RTE player there, would the reason be for no ladies Gaelic Football be that the LGFA All Ireland is broadcast by TG4.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,966 ✭✭✭Syferus

This is a bit of a garbage thread in all honesty, amazed some of the above wasn't modded out.

Good documentary that is a vast step in the right direction over the over-egged stuff RTE do for the AI winners' doc each Christmas.

Advertisement