Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Unable to view latest posts on hompage.

Options
  • 08-11-2013 1:50pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,593 ✭✭✭

I was wondering would somebody be able to help me please.

When I go to the boards homepage on Internet Explorer 10, I can't see the trending threads or latest posts. It's completely blank apart from the Announcements & Get The Answers section on the right hand side of the page.
    It's fine when I go in via Mozilla Firefox but I don't want to use Firefox. I thought it had something to do with the compatibility view settings & changed them around a bit but it's still the same.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 382 ✭✭Boards.ie: Rónán

PWEI wrote: »
    I was wondering would somebody be able to help me please.

When I go to the boards homepage on Internet Explorer 10, I can't see the trending threads or latest posts. It's completely blank apart from the Announcements & Get The Answers section on the right hand side of the page.
    It's fine when I go in via Mozilla Firefox but I don't want to use Firefox. I thought it had something to do with the compatibility view settings & changed them around a bit but it's still the same.

Hey PWEI,

Could you copy the details contained in / post a screenshot of our diagnostics page (taking care to remove your IP address) when you get the chance please? Will help us track down any potential issues.

Also, have you tried disabling any blocker plugins you may have enabled?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,593 ✭✭✭PWEI

Thanks for the reply.
    Sorry, excuse my ignorance but how to I post a screen shot on boards?
    I've taken one & saved it but don't know how to post it.

Thanks for the reply.
    Sorry, excuse my ignorance but how to I post a screen shot on boards?
    I've taken one & saved it but don't know how to post it.

Hey PWEI, you can attach a file using the Attachments prompt I've artistically highlighted in the following screen:

280060.png

There'll be an option to "Upload File from your Computer" in the prompt, just select the image and hit Upload. The image will then be available as an attachment link at the bottom of the post (just like the pwei_screen.png link at the bottom of this post).

Remember to take care to blank out your IP address in the screenshot, thanks.

Thanks done now. Thanks.

Thanks done now. Thanks.

Thanks for that PWEI. From the user agent string it looks like the browser still has compatibility mode enabled (it's declaring itself as MSIE 7.0), which will cause the homepage tabs to fail as you've described previously. Looks like its explicitly set, as there's no compatibility view button in the address bar, so could you try the following?

Hit F12 to bring up the IE Developer Tools pane at the bottom of the browser, where there should then be a "Browse Mode" option along the top pane / menu. Clicking on that should give you a drop down of browser versions, from which you should be able to select "Internet Explorer 10".

If you're still encountering issues after that, check to ensure there's no Compatibility View button enabled in the address bar when viewing the homepage, will look something like this:

Windows8-ie10-message.png

Hope that resolves the issue, let me know how you get on.

• Advertisement

Thanks a mill for that, it works. The only issue now is it doesn't seem to save the change. Every time I close & restart IE it keeps defaulting back to
    Internet Explorer 10 Compatibility View.

I actually read about that somewhere else while I was looking for a fix to the problem. I tried it but thought it hadn't' worked because straight away I restarted my browser.

Any ideas on how to get it to save the change. Sorry about all the trouble.

Leave a Comment

Rich Text Editor. To edit a paragraph's style, hit tab to get to the paragraph menu. From there you will be able to pick one style. Nothing defaults to paragraph. An inline formatting menu will show up when you select text. Hit tab to get into that menu. Some elements, such as rich link embeds, images, loading indicators, and error messages may get inserted into the editor. You may navigate to these using the arrow keys inside of the editor and delete them with the delete or backspace key.

Advertisement