Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Delete an app from icloud

• 08-11-2013 3:02pm
    Registered Users Posts: 591 ✭✭✭

I downloaded a bank app but due to a problem with passwords it needs to be deleted completely and re installed from fresh.

The problem is that when I have tried to delete it, it remains in the icloud and I am unable to do a fresh installation.

Is there a way of deleting the app from the icloud ?

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,739 ✭✭✭nava

Techless wrote: »
    I downloaded a bank app but due to a problem with passwords it needs to be deleted completely and re installed from fresh.

The problem is that when I have tried to delete it, it remains in the icloud and I am unable to do a fresh installation.

Is there a way of deleting the app from the icloud ?

When you reinstall the app it should be as fresh install once you deleted it, also some apps have options in the Iphone settings, maybe try to check if yours does and reset it from there.

When you mean Icloud do you mean the Icloud in Settings? Or the cloud icon in the app store? when you redownload from App store it should be like a fresh install, maybe you can try to restart phone after unsintall.

To delete an app from icloud in settings, do as follow, open Settings, scroll down to Icloud, scroll down to Storage & backup, Manage Storage, click on your iphone name, and scroll down the list of apps and turn off the app you are having problems with.

hope that helps.

• Registered Users Posts: 591 ✭✭✭Techless

nava wrote: »
    When you reinstall the app it should be as fresh install once you deleted it, also some apps have options in the Iphone settings, maybe try to check if yours does and reset it from there.

When you mean Icloud do you mean the Icloud in Settings? Or the cloud icon in the app store? when you redownload from App store it should be like a fresh install, maybe you can try to restart phone after unsintall.

To delete an app from icloud in settings, do as follow, open Settings, scroll down to Icloud, scroll down to Storage & backup, Manage Storage, click on your iphone name, and scroll down the list of apps and turn off the app you are having problems with.

hope that helps.

Thanks Nava,

Should have mentioned it an Ipad that I have not an Iphone, don't know if that makes a difference.

I have deleted the app from the ipad and when I go back into the App store to download the app again, it is there with the Icloud logo and when it downloads it still seems to have kept some of the previous data entered.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,739 ✭✭✭nava

Techless wrote: »
    Thanks Nava,

Should have mentioned it an Ipad that I have not an Iphone, don't know if that makes a difference.

I have deleted the app from the ipad and when I go back into the App store to download the app again, it is there with the Icloud logo and when it downloads it still seems to have kept some of the previous data entered.

Should be the same on an Ipad, maybe try restarting ipad after uninstall. Check something else, after re-install turn off wifi and data and open the app to chek if that information is there again, just wonder if the app connects to the bank and redownloads the previously entered data.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,206 ✭✭✭Zcott

Try checking Settings > iCloud > Documents and Data.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,728 ✭✭✭dilallio

I had a similar issue with another app (Waze).
    Unfortunately there is no way to remove an app from your AppStore purchases. You can hide an app, but this is no good to you.
    The only way to do what you want is to delete the app, log out and sign in using a different Apple ID and then install the app. Note that if you do this, apps will only update when you are signed on with the Apple ID that installed them.
    To be honest , it sounds like a bug in the app, and telling you to completely remove & reinstall the app is a cop-out by the app developer.
    In my situation, 2 apps (Waze & LS Addicts) didn't work over 3G. Turned out my network O2 was using some type of back end data proxy which was not compatible with these apps. When I changed from O2, they both worked perfectly, but I still think it was an app bug rather than an O2 issue that caused the problem. All other apps worked fine.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 895 ✭✭✭brav

There are one of two things happening.

1: The app is syncing its data with icloud(doubtful for a bank app), but if it is just temporarily turn off documents and data in settings - iCloud and remove and install the app again
    The iCloud logo when redownloading the app just means you've already purchased the app doesn't mean it has the data stored for that app

2: the app data is still on iPad after the app is deleted, and when reinstalled would use this previous data. I would think to clear this either use a setting in the app if available or else may have to erase all content and settings on the iPad

• Registered Users Posts: 591 ✭✭✭Techless

Sorted, thanks for all the advice

Advertisement