Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Naked 3

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,331 ✭✭✭Ilyana 2.0

Somebody really wasn't on the ball that day :pac:

The palette certainly looks pretty anyway. The last four or five darker shades are quite nice but overall it's just too pink for me seeing as I have brown eyes. It's probably best suited to blue and green eyes. As well, it might suffer from only having three matte shadows. Then again, Naked and Naked II are the same.

I won't be buying it, but I'm sure there'll be others who'll love it.

• Registered Users Posts: 163 ✭✭Percyxoxo

Ha! This is like the Arcade Fire incident in Kilkenny! those colours are fab and agree with Ilyana 2.0 probably suit blue eyes more! has anyone tried the Naked Blusher?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,103 ✭✭✭Tiddlypeeps

I've been meaning to pick up Naked 1 for a while now even tho I have Naked 2 because I love the pinky tone shadows it has. So I was pretty happy when I saw this and glad that I hadn't already bought Naked 1 :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 768 ✭✭✭PinkLemonade

I love it, wanted the naked 2, this would suit me so much more though, very excited!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,713 ✭✭✭✭Novella

I have the first and the second. I've hit pan on three eye-shadows on the original so it's definitely my favourite, but I'll probably pick this one up too.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 594 ✭✭✭chickenbutt

Where do you guys reckon I can find this in Dublin? My OH is getting this for me for Christmas, but I'm not sure where to tell him to go.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 996 ✭✭✭bnagrrl

Where do you guys reckon I can find this in Dublin? My OH is getting this for me for Christmas, but I'm not sure where to tell him to go.

Debenhams will probably have it as they stock UD and had the last two. House of Fraser in Dundrum too.

I kinda want this but not sure if it will suit me...

bnagrrl wrote: »
    Debenhams will probably have it as they stock UD and had the last two. House of Fraser in Dundrum too.

I kinda want this but not sure if it will suit me...

Thank you! :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,029 ✭✭✭SusieBlue

I asked in Debenhams in Cork today and they said there's no official release date as of yet :( The girl there said it will be heavily advertised within the next 2 weeks so keep your eyes peeled girls! I'd say it'll sell out fast so I want to get my name down for one asap, it looks lovely :o

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,103 ✭✭✭misslt

Its gorgeous, I have Naked and was comtemplating getting Naked II as well but I might wait and get this instead!

And for the person asking about the blusher, I'm using the naked flushed with the highlighter and bronzer too, its fantastic :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 199 ✭✭SarB89

It look gorgeous!! Be great a palette for bridal makeup too I say :)

SarB89 wrote: »
    It look gorgeous!! Be great a palette for bridal makeup too I say :)

The rose pinks and rose gold's would be divine on a bride!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,251 ✭✭✭Pang

It is such a fab palette. I'm definitely adding it to my Christmas list!

• Registered Users Posts: 137 ✭✭Ciara GaGa

Still think the original Naked palette will always be my fave..

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 307 ✭✭Mrs W

I've just invested in naked 1 and spotted the smokey one today, any reviews on it??

FYI Naked 3 just released on their website in the US. So it might be arriving sooner than you think! :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,601 ✭✭✭kandr10

Mrs W wrote: »
    I've just invested in naked 1 and spotted the smokey one today, any reviews on it??

Smokey palette is gorgeous. Really nice mix of neutrals and wearable colours. I'd highly recommend.

• Registered Users Posts: 548 ✭✭✭paulers06

FYI Naked 3 just released on their website in the US. So it might be arriving sooner than you think! :)

God, I hope so. I really want it. I think the colours will be really nice on us fair Irish girls.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 602 ✭✭✭hotbabe1992

I really like the first one and would reccomend it the colours are mostly smokey browns and neutrals one grey and one black.

Beautiful colours,they go on very easily and my two favourite shades are hustle and buck.

Love them,im not too sure about naked 2 or 3 will have a look havent even seen them yet.

As im running out!!! Thanks for putting the post up it reminds me i will have to get down to urban decay again.

I did a course in urban decay not so long ago it was four weeks and i found all the make up tips and tricks in it very useful.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 104 ✭✭LizzyBennet

Its on sale in america now from Urban Decay , I have heard the middle of December for the Uk which would apply to us as well :)

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 9,390 ✭✭✭Stench Blossoms

Going to NYC tomorrow so I'll hopefully be able to pick one up in Sephora.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 215 ✭✭Sheela

Its sold out in the US already. Urban Decay said that more will be in stock by December...

Going to NYC tomorrow so I'll hopefully be able to pick one up in Sephora.

It's not in stock at Sephora yet. Not sure when it will be.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 814 ✭✭✭saggycaggy

What colours eye/hair do you think this would suit best??

I have dark brown hair and hazel eyes so I'm not sure would it suit me but I'm off to the states next week and thinking of getting it. I already have Naked 1 which I adore, might pick up another one of them too!

Thanks.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 602 ✭✭✭hotbabe1992

Naked 1 is great for all colours and skintones really very neutral browns but if you really want to make your brown eyes pop go for very charcoal greys with blueish undertones and very purple purples with electric blue undertones,urban decay have one purple eyeshadow that would be perfect for brown eyes its called flash,and its really a lovely purple,not too muted at all..

Saggycaggy - I think it would look good on you, I'm in the same boat with darker brown hair and brown (leaning hazel) eyes. Really, I just wear what I want! Haha :D For the girls going to the US - Sephora and Ulta aren't carrying Naked 3 yet. I am not sure when they will (I'm hearing Dec 12) but pay attention to their facebook/twitters because I'm sure they'll announce it there. I also read that Sephoras are only getting shipments of 40 palettes, so they will sell fast I think. Just a heads up in case you have your heart set on getting on!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 814 ✭✭✭saggycaggy

Thanks Chickenbutt and Hotbabe1992. I think I will try and get it if I can, I did always think pinky colours looked good on brown eyes but was reading somewhere that it was more suited to blue eyes.

I had a look at the Flash colour and that's really really nice, I haven't worn a shade like that in ages-I've been sticking to the Naked 1 for everyday and night use.

If Sephora and Ulta aren't stocking Naked 3 yet then where might I pick it up?
    I'll be in Boston next Thursday for a few days!

saggycaggy wrote: »
    Thanks Chickenbutt and Hotbabe1992. I think I will try and get it if I can, I did always think pinky colours looked good on brown eyes but was reading somewhere that it was more suited to blue eyes.

I had a look at the Flash colour and that's really really nice, I haven't worn a shade like that in ages-I've been sticking to the Naked 1 for everyday and night use.

If Sephora and Ulta aren't stocking Naked 3 yet then where might I pick it up?
    I'll be in Boston next Thursday for a few days!

Unfortunately nowhere quite yet. It's sold out completely online at UD.com and no one knows when it will be in stock yet. I keep seeing December 12 as a possible day when stores will get it.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 215 ✭✭Sheela

According to this blog post http://www.viviannadoesmakeup.com/urban-decay-naked-3-palette/ its due to be sold from 16th December in the UK (and presumably here too) and can currently be pre-ordered on Look Fantastic

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,443 ✭✭✭ams

Cherry Sue has details of the Look Fantastic preorder page with 10% off:

http://www.cherrysuedointhedo.com/2013/11/urban-decay-naked-3-news.html

I so want this but do I need it NO!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,818 ✭✭✭Gauge

I'm tempted but I don't see anything about 10% off when I try to pre-order it? Even using the code from the front page (28DAYS).

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,103 ✭✭✭misslt

Aaagh I just did it.

Ooops.

Someone remove my debit card from my care please.

Due to be delivered to me Saturday 21st December. Happy christmas, me!

• Registered Users Posts: 15 mess2asuccess

I just bought it too! Agh! I cannot be trusted around makeup sites! Loved the other 2 palettes so I'm confident it'll be love at first sight!

• Registered Users Posts: 677 ✭✭✭CarMe

I'm so excited about this!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 4 Bucketlist

Which naked palette would best suit blue eyes? 1, 2 or 3?

• Advertisement

I would say 2, opinion will differ all round though!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,103 ✭✭✭Tiddlypeeps

They are all good for blue eyes. Browns are the perfect complimenting colour for blue eyes and most of the colours on all of them are some shade of brown, except 3 which has loads of pinks but pinks are also good for blue eyes.

Skin tone is probably a more important factor in figuring out which one would suit you best. If you have yellow undertones in your skin then 2 is probably the best if you have pink undertones then it's between 1 and 3, 1 if you like a dark smokey look or 3 if you like a softer look. Not hard rules tho, you can make any of the pallets work on any complexion.

• Registered Users Posts: 4 Bucketlist

They are all good for blue eyes. Browns are the perfect complimenting colour for blue eyes and most of the colours on all of them are some shade of brown, except 3 which has loads of pinks but pinks are also good for blue eyes.

Skin tone is probably a more important factor in figuring out which one would suit you best. If you have yellow undertones in your skin then 2 is probably the best if you have pink undertones then it's between 1 and 3, 1 if you like a dark smokey look or 3 if you like a softer look. Not hard rules tho, you can make any of the pallets work on any complexion.
    How would I figure out what undertone I am? I really like 1 and 2

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,331 ✭✭✭Ilyana 2.0

Bucketlist wrote: »
    How would I figure out what undertone I am? I really like 1 and 2

You have a warm skintone if your skin has yellowy undertones to it, and your skintone is cool if you have pinky undertones (most Irish people do afaik).

This might help :)

http://beaut.ie/2012/am-i-pink-or-yellow-how-to-choose-the-right-foundation-tone-and-what-is-the-deal-with-mac-foundations/

EDIT: Naked 2 is generally best for brown eyes but I use Naked 1 with brown eyes and find it great, so it's probably more about what you can make out of the palette yourself :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,872 ✭✭✭Sittingpretty

I have very pale skin, auburn hair and dark blue eyes, I have both 1&2 and I get more use from 2.

Also it's hard case makes it easier option for travelling, you could just so what I'd did and get both because I couldn't decide on just one.

Wouldn't be at all interested in the 3. I'm thinking pinky shades are best left to olive skin tones, and that dark wine purple shade? INSTA black eye look for me anyways.

Don't think it will be a purchase for me anyways but will wait to see it in the flesh when it arrives in store :)

• Advertisement

Which would you advice for hazel eyes, black hair and a sallow skin?

Really hope 3 suits, it's looks beautiful!!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,075 ✭✭✭OU812

OK, so this looks to be out of stock from the link above. Anyone know where it's available elsewhere ? Was hoping to pick up for the wife for Xmas.

OU812 wrote: »
    OK, so this looks to be out of stock from the link above. Anyone know where it's available elsewhere ? Was hoping to pick up for the wife for Xmas.

It hasn't been released yet as far as I know, keep checking! She'll love it!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,032 ✭✭✭SmokeyEyes

I'm pale and find I don't really use 1 anymore but get a huge amount of use out of 2! Off to check out Naked 3 today, VERY EXCITED!!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 104 ✭✭LizzyBennet

Debenhams will have it from next Thursday they text me to let me know :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,032 ✭✭✭SmokeyEyes

Honestly the palette is beautiful girls, getting huge use out of it!

There's also new double ended 24/7 glide on pencils coming out, some amazing brown options and there's one to go with each palette!

Ba4y4gHCMAAtYDn.jpg:large

Oh Smokey it's amazing, very excited now!! Getting so fed up of naked 1 now I wear some combination from it every single day!!

• Registered Users Posts: 568 ✭✭✭fifi28

You can buy on house of fraser website and collect in dundrum - just ordered mine to collect on monday eeeekkk :-), saves the hassle and dissapointment of it being sold out at the counter!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 768 ✭✭✭PinkLemonade

Ordered mine on debenhams.ie
    Very exciting!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,075 ✭✭✭OU812

Just ordered on debenhams.ie

Use BH39 for 10% off, also if you spend over €50, you get free delivery & a €5 gift card.

Got caught up in the lingerie department too dammit !!

One happy wife Xmas morning, One happy husband Xmas night :)

• Advertisement
Advertisement