Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Changing from JSB TO ILLNESS benifit and back .?.

Options
  • 08-11-2013 3:31pm
    Registered Users Posts: 42

HI quick question to anyone who can help .
    My friend works part time claims JSB for days not worked . Recently was ill for 4 weeks so signed onto Illness benefit . Signed off Illness Benefit and gave social welfare final cert , ready for work for Monday .

Asked for daily nomination forms to claim for days not worked . Lady at desk refused and handed all the forms for a fresh claim to be filled out AGAIN , and made appointment for an interview all forms to be completed by employer AGAIN . Lady said the JSB claim was broken ?

I have checked and there is a thing called linking in procedures in the operational guidelines that says if you sign off for a period less than 26 weeks your JSB claim is still active .

Is this the same for 4 weeks of ilness ? is it so different ? re-claiming can result in being refused never mind the 3 waiting days that can be lost ... I hope somene can help , the amount of paper work is a pain as it was the first time , but they shouldnt have to do this if they are being asked wrongly .

This persons circumstances are still the same no change in working hours conditions nothing .
    Thank you for reading:)

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 461 ✭✭Sue Ellen

When an IB claim is opened there is no determining how long it will remain open for, so if someone is claiming JB the claim is closed as they do not satisfy the conditions of a JB claim i.e. they are not fit for work. It should just be a repeat claim form (UP6) and if their employer is the same there should be no need for new employer forms. Also on JB the employers are not asked to complete and forms unless they are looking to get a normal level of employment (UP15).

• Registered Users Posts: 42 arnold72

Sue Ellen ,

Thanks very much , perfect answer and very clear I phoned lots of offices and got very bad help . Thank you so much ,:),

Much appreciated , will hold onto your details cheers ,
    THATS IT FOLKS NO NEED FOR MORE ANSWERS GOT IT FROM SUE ELLEN ,:)

Advertisement