Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Tunnel For Sheep

• 08-11-2013 3:41pm
    Registered Users Posts: 37

I am considering building a tunnel to keep the sheep in for the lambing period. As the farm is four miles away from the house and i have lost the shed i had close.
    The tunnel is not a problem as it can be used for other uses during the year just wondering what type of floor to put in (hardcore,Chips) as it is a dry site with good draining could I get away with straw just on the grass. many thanks

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,277 ✭✭✭monseiur

Regarding floor in tunnel, I would advise putting a 4x2 timber around the edge, drive some pegs outside to keep in position, fill with clause 804, (chips) cover with plenty of straw. You can use a row of pallets all around to stop the sheep from bursting through the polytherne, just run a 3x2 along the frame of the tunnel the height of the pallet and tie the pallets to it......just another use for bailing twine ! and much better than nails in this situtation.
    You can keep the 4 x 2 timber in from the edge of the tunnel so that the pallet drops down just inside it, the chips will keep the pallets in position.

M.

Advertisement