Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Bin at Charlesland Bus-Stop

Options
  • 08-11-2013 3:49pm
    Registered Users Posts: 35

I know it's been (bin) gone a while now, but does anyone know why this bin was removed?

It certainly hasn't prevented people getting rid of their litter there. The area is a bit of an eyesore at the moment tbh.

How would one go about replacing it does anyone know?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 386 ✭✭JanneG

I'd say you'll have to get on to Dublin Bus and see if they're willing to pay for it...

• Registered Users Posts: 1,861 ✭✭✭Cushie Butterfield

Get on to your local council & request one - it wouldn't have anything to do with Dublin Bus.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,516 ✭✭✭Maudi

Wayne_M wrote: »
    I know it's been (bin) gone a while now, but does anyone know why this bin was removed?

It certainly hasn't prevented people getting rid of their litter there. The area is a bit of an eyesore at the moment tbh.

How would one go about replacing it does anyone know?

Keep us informed of your search for a new bin..you are right it does get a lot of litter around that bustop..i never ever ever would drop even the tiniest scrap and neither would the missus or kids..it wasnt drilled into us .i dont know the reason we just wouldnt do it .i guess we just love our country to much to foul it up by discarding our filth...but im sometimes shocked at the amount of litter around that area ..its so easy just to keep it in your pocket and dump it properly..theres a wrapped up disposable nappy at the lower roundbout last couple days..some " people"are dirty pigs.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,663 ✭✭✭Charlie-Bravo

I am thinking this might fall under the maintenance of the SAR and we all know the issues regarding taking in charge of the SAR. I don't see Zapi putting a bin in as they'll have to empty it often enough - they cut the grass about twice a year as it is. Asking them to put a bin in will probably not materialise. We'll probably have to wait until the SAR is taken in charge by the council and then hound them for a bin.

-. . ...- . .-. / --. --- -. -. .- / --. .. ...- . / -.-- --- ..- / ..- .--.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,933 ✭✭✭✭loyatemu

astrofluff wrote: »
    We'll probably have to wait until the SAR is taken in charge by the council and then hound them for a bin.

good luck with that - there isn't a single bin on Church Lane, or the northern half of Church Road and plenty of other roads around the town don't have bins either.

• Advertisement

Challenge accepted!

• Registered Users Posts: 35 Wayne_M

loyatemu wrote: »
    good luck with that - there isn't a single bin on Church Lane, or the northern half of Church Road and plenty of other roads around the town don't have bins either.

It would be one thing if there was never a bin there, but that they actually took one away (that was clearly being used) is doubly frustrating.

• Registered Users Posts: 253 ✭✭birdwatcher

Hi folks

its no longer a zapi problem...it's a wicklow County Council issue now.

Contact any of the following and lets get them working for us (local elections are right around the corner next summer)

http://www.wicklow.ie/Apps/WicklowBeta/TownCouncils/gtcMembers.aspx

• Registered Users Posts: 4,279 ✭✭✭The Bishop Basher

I'm pretty sure I remember a thread complaining about the bin when it was there cause it was never emptied. It seems people will moan regardless.

Why not get a group of people every Saturday morning and clean up the area round the bus stop ? Shouldn't take more then a few minutes.

Well with all of the interest generated by THIS thread, maybe we can drum up some support right now.
    Anyone free tomorrow morning at 11am for 15 minutes?

Just add your name below and be there???
    Any takers?
    Takers?
    Bueller?
    Ferris Bueller?

• Advertisement

Well with all of the interest generated by THIS thread, maybe we can drum up some support right now.
    Anyone free tomorrow morning at 11am for 15 minutes?

Just add your name below and be there???
    Any takers?
    Takers?
    Bueller?
    Ferris Bueller?

Good idea. I can't do 11am, but I can do 12pm. I'll bring disposable gloves and binbags.

'Thank' this post if you intend turning up.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,516 ✭✭✭Maudi

Swanner wrote: »
    I'm pretty sure I remember a thread complaining about the bin when it was there cause it was never emptied. It seems people will moan regardless.

Why not get a group of people every Saturday morning and clean up the area round the bus stop ? Shouldn't take more then a few minutes.

Are you going first?

Maudi wrote: »
    Are you going first?

If I lived in Charlesland and was any way concerned about the bin or lack of, I absolutely would.

If I lived in Charlesland and was any way concerned about the bin or lack of, I absolutely would.
    I'm heading up in about 20mins, while the sun is shining!

All done! 10mins work. Hopefully we can try to keep it clean from here out!

Nice job Wayne_M

No takers then?
    Just me, the bus stop and a spare bin liner full of junk sitting on the verge!

That's my bin liner, I filled it an hour ago (see posts above) :-) I'm picking it up on my way home, didn't fancy bringing it to brunch in village :-)

Thanks for coming up though. All that's really left is that disgusting pile of cigarette buts but ideally need a shovel for that.

Fair play to you Wayne for getting out there and sorting it !!!

+1 to that. Very, very few people would do it.

• Registered Users Posts: 41,065 ✭✭✭✭Annasopra

Hi folks

its no longer a zapi problem...it's a wicklow County Council issue now.

Contact any of the following and lets get them working for us (local elections are right around the corner next summer)

http://www.wicklow.ie/Apps/WicklowBeta/TownCouncils/gtcMembers.aspx

Well no because WCC havent taken the road in charge.

It was so much easier to blame it on Them. It was bleakly depressing to think that They were Us. If it was Them, then nothing was anyone's fault. If it was us, what did that make Me? After all, I'm one of Us. I must be. I've certainly never thought of myself as one of Them. No one ever thinks of themselves as one of Them. We're always one of Us. It's Them that do the bad things.

Terry Pratchet

• Advertisement

Well no because WCC havent taken the road in charge.

Well....yes because WCC apparently made the decision to take it over on 4th November following their monthly meeting.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,374 ✭✭✭Eponymous

Well....yes because WCC apparently made the decision to take it over on 4th November following their monthly meeting.
    Do you have a link for that? Last word here was that councillors had voted for WCC to speak to the management companies about the road being maintained out of management fees.

one of the nice town councellors will be able to confirm if you make contact directly....alternatively the managing agents should be in a position to clarify.

• Registered Users Posts: 904 ✭✭✭realgolfgeek

Fair play to you Wayne for getting out there and sorting it !!!

Fair play is right,

however, it's an absolute disgree that Wayne_M had to do this in the first place.

• Registered Users Posts: 592 ✭✭✭Cheeky Chops

Wayne_M wrote: »
    All done! 10mins work. Hopefully we can try to keep it clean from here out!

Well done that man. Good old Boardsies!

Advertisement