Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Manchester United vs Arsenal Match Thread 10/11/13 K/O 16.00 Sky.

• 08-11-2013 4:04pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 33,709 ✭✭✭✭

Full-Match-Man-Utd-vs-Arsenal-720p-28-08-1120-55-001.png

Biggest game of the season so far,decided to stick up the match thread early to keep the main thread from being clogged up with match talk.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,625 ✭✭✭✭Johner

I fancy United for this, think they are a decent price aswell. Arsenal have been impressive but are being a bit over rated here I feel.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 53,262 ✭✭✭✭GavRedKing

2-2 draw I reckon.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,345 ✭✭✭jamescd

2-1 to Arsenal.

• Site Banned Posts: 26,456 ✭✭✭✭Nuri Sahin

If Fergie was still managing, I'd stick money on United. Can't help but thinking of that game where Arsenal were going for 50 games unbeaten and lost at Old Tratford, many were predicting in the week leading up to the game that they'd reach that milestone by hammering United at their place. That failed to materialise.

If I were an Arsenal fan, while I'd personally settle for a draw and a good performance what with it being away game, if there was ever a time they were going to win, it's now and the team must go out there with the mentality of not settling for point from the off.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 42,606 Mod ✭✭✭✭Lord TSC

So, so not looking forward to this.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,136 ✭✭✭✭Rayne Wooney

Depends which United team turns up on the day, if it's the poor United we've seen a lot of this season Arsenal could do a lot of damage. If United up their game it'll be close.

Have a feeling United will regret not being in for Özil by the end of the game.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,500 ✭✭✭Drexel

Arsenal fan

Would settle for a draw but man id love a win. Gotta be cautious going to Old Trafford confident tho. UTD are still a class team who will def raise their game for this

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 9,425 ✭✭✭FearDark

Arsenal the form team.
    United under pressure to perform.

I can see it being a 1-1 draw.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,128 ✭✭✭✭Oranage2

It's usually after united beat arsenal do they find some form but under moyes I just don't see it happening. After seeing how moyes set his team up against the other big teams he's gonna want to keep it tight and hope rvp and rooney can do some damage.

I'd be happy with a draw but I reckon arsenal 2 - 1

Rvp , ramsey, mert all goal scorers

• Closed Accounts Posts: 417 ✭✭Wolf Club

I think we have a much better team than Utd at the minute but I'm still very nervous about this game. Our bench has been weak for the past few games because of injuries, Vermaelan and Monreal are the only two decent players we've been able to bring on, and neither of them is going to change a game. I can definitely see Utd scoring but Mertesacker and Koscielny have been excellent recently, if they can keep a clean sheet against Suarez/Sturridge, Lewandowski/Reus and Rooney/RVP in the space of 8 days that'll be some achievement. I'll go for 2-1 Arsenal.

• Advertisement

Utd are unbeaten in about 7/8 games, they've tipped away but they're not far off, if they win on Sunday they're only 5 points behind Arsenal.

That being said, after taking only 1 point from Chelsea, City and Liverpool, Utd need a win against a contender to get back in business.

A draw would suit Arsenal but the chance to put 11 points between themselves and the Champions after 10 games is massive incentive to go and try and put Utd to the sword.

Oranage2 wrote: »
    It's usually after united beat arsenal do they find some form but under moyes I just don't see it happening. After seeing how moyes set his team up against the other big teams he's gonna want to keep it tight and hope rvp and rooney can do some damage.

I'd be happy with a draw but I reckon arsenal 2 - 1

Rvp , ramsey, mert all goal scorers

If he hasn't learned after getting 1 point from City, Chelsea and Liverpool, I give up.

It's suicide setting up like he did in those games against the inform confident team.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,333 ✭✭✭bad2dabone

Looking for a win here, we're a better side in better form.
    2006 was the last time we won at OT, hopefully we'll play like we have been and improve that statistic.
    We've improved and matured since United won easily last year, while they've gone backwards I think.
    Still a dangerous team, but we've faced better so far this year already.

2-1 to Arsenal.
    Kick em while they're down because they won't be down for long.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,711 ✭✭✭keano_afc

Nuri Sahin wrote: »
    If Fergie was still managing, I'd stick money on United. Can't help but thinking of that game where Arsenal were going for 50 games unbeaten and lost at Old Tratford, many were predicting in the week leading up to the game that they'd reach that milestone by hammering United at their place. That failed to materialise.

If I were an Arsenal fan, while I'd personally settle for a draw and a good performance what with it being away game, if there was ever a time they were going to win, it's now and the team must go out there with the mentality of not settling for point from the off.

It failed to materialise for many reasons, none of which were Arsenal being outplayed by a better team. But thats not for discussing here.

Think we'll come away with something, our midfield is better than Uniteds and we should have the edge. Draw would be grand but I'm cautiously optimistic.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 324 ✭✭Quixoticelixer

Johner wrote: »
    I fancy United for this, think they are a decent price aswell. Arsenal have been impressive but are being a bit over rated here I feel.

Arsenal being over rated? All we keep hearing from everyone pundit under the sun (and many other non-pundits) is how they're still not good enough to win anything. Odd mix, not really getting the credit they deserve, and yet, over rated :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,382 ✭✭✭✭greendom

Arsenal being over rated? All we keep hearing from everyone pundit under the sun (and many other non-pundits) is how they're still not good enough to win anything. Odd mix, not really getting the credit they deserve, and yet, over rated :D
    Maybe Johner thinks Arsenal are relegation fodder; none of the pundits are suggesting that!

I wouldnt say over rated, but for years Arsenal have flattered to deceive.

This could very well be their year, theyve a good squad and with all the managerial changes in the league its also a very good chance for Arsenal or any team to stake a claim to Utds crown.

Arsenal are the early season favourites but wait until we're past Janaury before we see who is or who isnt in and around the top of the table but nothing so far suggests Arsenal are over rated but do they have the staying power is the real question.

Beating Dortmund and Liverpool recently will certainly have helped confidence.

Should be a good game.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,783 ✭✭✭Pj!

9/4 on Arsenal seems big

i still think the title will be either Chelsea's or City's.

bad2dabone wrote: »
    i still think the title will be either Chelsea's or City's.

I would have felt a lot better had we beaten Newcastle last weekend but it showed up an ageing squad in pivotal positions, CB, CM and no consistent CF.

This season will go right to wire and its possible right up until May 3 or 4 teams could be within a few points of each other fighting for the league.

Anyway I've Giroud in my FF so I'm hoping he does the business Sunday. :pac:

• Advertisement

United to win and their PL odds to halve instantly :P

GavRedKing wrote: »
    Anyway I've Giroud in my FF so I'm hoping he does the business Sunday. :pac:

i've dropped Giroud for Aguero - poor old ollie is knackered

• Registered Users Posts: 895 ✭✭✭Mocha Joe

Januzaj to get the nod in such a big game? It'll be interesting if he does.

bad2dabone wrote: »
    i've dropped Giroud for Aguero - poor old ollie is knackered

I think he can get himself up for the game on Sunday. Be a real test of his abilities up against Vidic and Ferdinand. Hopefully he can keep them both busy and give space and time to our attacking midfielders.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,139 ✭✭✭blingrhino

3-1 arsenal to round off a good week.
    just cant see united putting it up to them.
    RVP will be well up for it, but is he playing through an injury ? lately he seems to be slipping back to the old injury days at arsenal.

• Registered Users Posts: 862 ✭✭✭unplayable

United fan
    United Win

Huge game.

Arsenal win and Utd are more or less gone from the title race. It'd be a big ask from that far back so early.

Utd win and suddenly they are right back in the mix.

I'd always back Utd in these big games over the years when Fergie was there. This year being a transition year it's too hard to call.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,017 ✭✭✭sReq | uTeK

blingrhino wrote: »
    3-1 arsenal to round off a good week.
    just cant see united putting it up to them.
    RVP will be well up for it, but is he playing through an injury ? lately he seems to be slipping back to the old injury days at arsenal.

didn't look injured against Socieadad.

United to win it 2-1 better defense and better attacking front, just need to create chances.

• Site Banned Posts: 4,925 ✭✭✭Agueroooo

I think UTD will win this as Arsenal looked a little out of steam coming to the end of the BD game.

10/1 for Ramsey 1st goal looks a good price but.

• Advertisement

United to win it 2-1 better defense

Based on what?
    certainly not based on fact.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 34,424 ✭✭✭✭The_Kew_Tour

I think we will get a result, but we have to win if we are to have slim chance in league.

Im going to say a win. Getting last few scores right so ill go 3-2 in cracker

• Registered Users Posts: 17,022 ✭✭✭✭Iused2likebusts

Id fancy a utd win here. I really think they will have a point to prove with a lot of people writing them off. If arsenal were to win I think it would be massive as 1. Arsenal will get huge belief from it and would be serious contenders for the league
    2. Utd will have failed to win any of their big tests and the pressure will build on moyes again.

United have struggled against any decent midfield they've come up against this season and we're playing against the best midfield in the league right now on Sunday.

It has the makings of going really wrong, but you'd expect us to up our game immensely.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,706 ✭✭✭premierstone

Have a feeling United will regret not being in for Özil by the end of the game.

They were in for him but he choose us :D wise men ze Germans!

They were in for him but he choose us :D wise men ze Germans!

You and I both know that's boll*x.

If United had came knocking Özil would be sitting on the bench beside Kagawa on Sunday.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,936 ✭✭✭stesaurus

If United had came knocking Özil would be sitting on the bench beside Kagawa on Sunday.

So true

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 26,458 ✭✭✭✭gandalf

I think this is going to end 2-0 to the Gooners. Our defence has just gotten stronger since last year and we know the strength that we have in midfield. Ozil and Ramsey for the goals. Uniteds front line is better than ours but their midfield is lacking and from what I have seen their defence is creaking.

I have a feeling there maybe a sending off or two as well. This game is extremely important to both teams but especially United. They lose this and the pressure will dramatically increase on Moyes.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,500 ✭✭✭Drexel

I don't know about that. Wenger was the biggest decider in Özil coming to England. If Ferguson was still at Utd and they went for him they would have got him but not so sure with moyes.

It's all the one anyways!! We have him and ye have Fellani!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,428 ✭✭✭.jacksparrow.

What because one journalist said it?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,205 ✭✭✭Gringo180

Get off your high horse lads not a chance Ozil would of picked Utd over Arsenal with Moyes in charge not a fooking hope!!!

You're Ozil.
    Wenger rings you up and says he wants to build the future of his team around you. 2 of your international mates are already loving the club.
    Or.
    Moyes rings you and you say "who??"

Ozil jumped at the Arsenal move in a heartbeat.

Fat chance

• Registered Users Posts: 2,489 ✭✭✭Ordinary man

Gringo180 wrote: »
    Get off your high horse lads not a chance Ozil would of picked Utd over Arsenal with Moyes in charge not a fooking hope!!!

Moyes has won as much silverware as wenger over the last 5 years and wenger was managing a bigger club with more resources, so not sure why you think it was ridiculous

Moyes has won as much silverware as wenger over the last 5 years and wenger was managing a bigger club with more resources, so not sure why you think it was ridiculous

Oh my..

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,205 ✭✭✭Gringo180

Dear ooo Dear

• Closed Accounts Posts: 15,116 ✭✭✭✭RasTa

Most player's have left arsenal to win silverware, not join. Take off the specs and drop the attitude.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 42,606 Mod ✭✭✭✭Lord TSC

Well, this thread broke down into the inane and delusional (from both sides) rather quickly...

RasTa wrote: »
    Most player's have left arsenal to win silverware, not join. Take off the specs and drop the attitude.

We're not talking about clubs here were talking about moyes and the Wenger comparison.

Well, this thread broke down into the inane and delusional (from both sides) rather quickly...

it was inevitable :)

• Advertisement
This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement