Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Manchester United vs Arsenal Match Thread 10/11/13 K/O 16.00 Sky.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,652 ✭✭✭I am pie

Never a yellow from neutral perspective. Very poor decision. Effectively booked him for having a big thick head full of cement. Arsenal look a bit stumped by the the old fashioned defend deep and break tactics of utd.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,136 ✭✭✭✭Rayne Wooney

Quazzie wrote: »
    Are you seriously that thick you can't understand that basic sentence. Try break it down and if there is any particular part that confuses you let me know, but for now I don't know how to make that sentence any simpler.

lol there's the toys out of the pram

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 29,117 ✭✭✭✭Quazzie

IvySlayer wrote: »
    They BOTH went for the ball

No criticism for Chesney?

He got the ball. He followed the flight of it, planned a route to it, and cleared it.

It's the opposite of what Jones done.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,906 ✭✭✭✭PhlegmyMoses

He jumped in head first with no regard for other players or where the ball was. If it was done with a leg it'd be the same thing, why is it different because it's his head?

You can't really be this myopic, surely?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 35,514 ✭✭✭✭efb

Mert a big loss

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,772 ✭✭✭✭Paul Tergat

Are you seriously that thick you can't understand that basic sentence. Try break it down and if there is any particular part that confuses you let me know, but for now I don't know how to make that sentence any simpler.

you seem to be panicking a bit here and posting bs. step back from the computer. you will be much better in the second half

seriously, head first. :pac:

edit: im actually pretty smart Quazzie

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,825 ✭✭✭Timmyctc

One would just wonder how one would header a ball if such an action would be prohibited by your ruling sire.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,252 ✭✭✭deisedevil

Oat23 wrote: »
    It was a shoulder to shoulder. Penalty my arse!

Shoulder to shoulder is fine, but he got his leg across and that took Rooney down, didn't touch the ball.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,224 ✭✭✭✭Marty McFly

Arsenal have been poor.

Have been yeh we always suffer from this after European away fixtures more so than most teams, probably because of the amount of injuries Walcott, Podolski and co can't come back soon enough.

Hopefully we pick it up in the second half.

• Advertisement

He jumped in head first with no regard for other players or where the ball was. If it was done with a leg it'd be the same thing, why is it different because it's his head?

I'm getting more laughs in this thread than I thought I would today. If he had no regard for where the ball was, then why was the ball so close to his head when he jumped for it? Without the punch he would have had a good chance of heading it.

I know Jones head isn't pretty but likening his head to a studs up football boot isn't very nice..

lol there's the toys out of the pram

I've seen Quazzie do this before. Turns into a pretty nasty poster when Arsenal aren't going well.

• Site Banned Posts: 4,925 ✭✭✭Agueroooo

Ref got it wrong but the lunging rule applies to the head aswell as the feet.

player must be in total control for both types of tackle.

We don't deserve anything from this game on the first half performance.
    Get them in at HT Arsene and sort it out.
    United haven't had to do much at all.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 51,342 ✭✭✭✭That_Guy

Ouch.

@frankieboyle: Arsenal always **** up against these mid-table sides

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,026 ✭✭✭duffman13

Oh my days! You'd wear a whistle out if you were a ref

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,920 ✭✭✭Sugarlumps

arsenal look flat and void of ideas, the bug eyed guppy has been non exsistent. Vidic out for the count, very nasty.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,056 ✭✭✭Too Tough To Die

Oat23 wrote: »
    It was a shoulder to shoulder. Penalty my arse!

Watch Giroud's leg. Come back. Apologise.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,017 ✭✭✭Chagan

De Gea should be off for that, flying in arse first with no regard for his teammate's safety

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,188 ✭✭✭mosstin

Have been yeh we always suffer from this after European away fixtures more so than most teams, probably because of the amount of injuries Walcott, Podolski and co can't come back soon enough.

Hopefully we pick it up in the second half.

Wasn't an issue last weekend though when you beat Liverpool. Oh, it's because you're losing.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,630 ✭✭✭Alpha Dog 1

Where's Rafa?

efb wrote: »
    Mert a big loss

Why? Would he have sorted out the awful complacency and poor passing?
    May have been able to stop the goal going in, if Giroud hadn't blocked him like he did Vermaelan, but we still wouldn't be comfortable with the ball.

That was actually a foul from RVP on that goal. Recklessly attacked that ball to get his head on it.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,473 ✭✭✭✭Super-Rush

Are you on crack or do you get paid to talk this sort of ****e?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,428 ✭✭✭.jacksparrow.

May have been able to stop the goal going in, if Giroud hadn't blocked him like he did Vermaelan, but we still wouldn't be comfortable with the ball.

Yes we have been shocking but still 45 mins left.

Yes. The goal. The critical statistic

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Regional South East Moderators Posts: 24,056 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sully

Wonder will the ref book de Gea for that. :rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 2,017 ✭✭✭Chagan

Good first half, went a little deep after the goal. Comfortable enough.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,048 ✭✭✭Unearthly

That's the Arsenal we all know and love. Lets hope they keep it up

• Administrators, Computer Games Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 32,409 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Mickeroo

mosstin wrote: »
    Wasn't an issue last weekend though when you beat Liverpool. Oh, it's because you're losing.

What European away fixture was before the Liverpool match?

• Advertisement

Super-Rush wrote: »
    Are you on crack or do you get paid to talk this sort of ****e?

nah its me who is thick :(

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,881 ✭✭✭TimeToShine

We deserve to be losing. Rooney has put in a very good shift so far. Ozil has been anonymous. Gibbs has been awful, we are getting completely decimated down that flank. Giroud getting no service up there on his own.

Need to take a risk, maybe Flamini + Cazorla/Ramsey off for Wilshere+Rosicky.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,224 ✭✭✭✭Marty McFly

mosstin wrote: »

Awww aren't you a bright spark did we play away in Europe before we played Liverpool?

Am I complaining about loosing throwing the toys out the pram? no.

What a stupid ridiculous post hang your head in shame.

efb wrote: »
    Yes. The goal. The critical statistic

Oh so I bow to your crystal ball that says Mert would have stopped that goal and we would be scoring 4 against United, because obviously Mert makes us play so much better going forward.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,190 ✭✭✭✭IvySlayer

Jones > Ozil

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,828 ✭✭✭gosplan

Haven't even started playing yet.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,508 ✭✭✭✭Mr.Crinklewood

Lads / Mars, ignore the obvious **** stirrer /obsessive.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,254 ✭✭✭shano_88

Giroud hasn't been great again. Very annoying that he has no competition. In fairness the supply hasn't been great.

Disappointing to have conceded from a set piece. Still feel we can get something from this game.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,952 ✭✭✭Morzadec

Poor game from a neutral perspective so far

• Advertisement
  • Users Awaiting Email Confirmation Posts: 15,001 ✭✭✭✭Pepe LeFrits

We've been pretty well organised at the back but were undone by a good set piece. Would Per have made a difference? Who knows. Offensively we've been awful, probably the worst we've played all season. Need to get Wilshere or Gnabry on and get Ramsey centrally.

It's been very easy for United.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 868 ✭✭✭Gerry91

Absolutely atrocious game for a neutral. Utd won't care, they haven't even had to do much

Arsenal have been simply woeful, surely they can only improve in the second half?

If it keeps going like this, Utd will win pulling up, but there could be a twist or two yet.

As a neutral I hope so, this is a massive disappointment of a game

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,428 ✭✭✭.jacksparrow.

Think arsenal are too defencive with flamini and arteta.

Mertesacker (lack of) is not the problem. We havent troubled you all that much. You just need somoene to get hold of the ball, string some passes together and get moves started.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,483 ✭✭✭brianregan09

There's some awful drivel been posted in here can ye not enjoy the game and not resort to children when something goes the way you don't agree with, I'm an Arsenal supporter and I'm fairly annoyed that we haven't turned up in the 1st half , but saying that im also very aware we were much better against Dortmund and liverpool in the 2nd half RELAX

• Registered Users Posts: 2,709 ✭✭✭shrewdness

I just assumed Quazzie was taking the píss there, absolutely laughable if he actually thinks that was near a red.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 29,117 ✭✭✭✭Quazzie

Oh so I bow to your crystal ball that says Mert would have stopped that goal and we would be scoring 4 against United, because obviously Mert makes us play so much better going forward.

HE is one of the most settling influences on the team. I agree with what you are saying as a whole but Mert does offer more than just a defensive job for us. He's one of our leaders and he is being missed out there at the moment.

• Administrators, Computer Games Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 32,409 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Mickeroo

United deserve their lead, arsenal been poor. Haven't won any matches we've gone behind this season yet, now would be a good time to start.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,188 ✭✭✭mosstin

Mickeroo wrote: »
    What European away fixture was before the Liverpool match?

I was alluding to the injury list he mentioned in his post.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,395 ✭✭✭✭Utopia Parkway

Arsenal have barely turned up today so far. Seem very flat. Maybe nothing left in the tank for their 3rd big match in a week.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,825 ✭✭✭Timmyctc

Has De Gea made a save? (Collecting crosses aside)

• Advertisement
This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement