Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Manchester United vs Arsenal Match Thread 10/11/13 K/O 16.00 Sky.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,906 ✭✭✭✭PhlegmyMoses

shano_88 wrote: »
    Giroud hasn't been great again. Very annoying that he has no competition. In fairness the supply hasn't been great.

Disappointing to have conceded from a set piece. Still feel we can get something from this game.

Hasn't had much service. Took a ball down out of the sky that he had no right getting and was unlucky not to create anything.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,190 ✭✭✭✭IvySlayer

Just hope we have the game wrapped up before Ramsey scores his goal

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,748 ✭✭✭✭AdamD

Need my boy Wilshere on the pitch

• Closed Accounts Posts: 15,116 ✭✭✭✭RasTa

That was a long 45

Piss poor from Arsenal so far. Approaching the game somewhat positive now when it could possibly be too late

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 52,426 ✭✭✭✭tayto lover

A very poor first half. Passing has been awful. Some very poor performances.
    Pity Rosicky had to cry off with a bug. I would put Gnabry on just for something different on the right. Can see this ending in a draw.

Cleverly and Fellaini coming on for Vidic

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,188 ✭✭✭mosstin

Awww aren't you a bright spark did we play away in Europe before we played Liverpool?

Am I complaining about loosing throwing the toys out the pram? no.

What a stupid ridiculous post hang your head in shame.

:D Bruised are we? You mentioned injuries and that's what I was picking you up on.
    Me a bright spark? There's one 'o' in losing.
    Now pick up those toys.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,136 ✭✭✭✭How Soon Is Now

Fairly happy with that so far very impressed with how United have stopped arsenal from playing there game.

Hope we can keep it up!!

• Site Banned Posts: 4,925 ✭✭✭Agueroooo

Arsenal are well out of this one and this will be over before the hour mark if they come out playing the same.

if they turn this around they are deserved leaders but I have massive doubts they will.

International break cant come quick enough for a few Arsenal legs out there.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,851 ✭✭✭redarmy

IvySlayer wrote: »
    Cleverly and Fellaini coming on for Vidic
    both of them?? vidic must be good

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 15,694 Mod ✭✭✭✭dfx-

As a neutral, a home goal was not the best thing for the game. Moyes will try see it out and if the second half continues like the first, will probably do so comfortably.

Quazzie wrote: »
    HE is one of the most settling influences on the team. I agree with what you are saying as a whole but Mert does offer more than just a defensive job for us. He's one of our leaders and he is being missed out there at the moment.

And so using his name as a reason that our team is losing against a very good set piece with one of the best strikers in league, is laughable.
    If Arsenal lose today it's because we played the champions and weren't able to perform as we can.

redarmy wrote: »
    both of them?? vidic must be good

That's the joke :pac:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,080 ✭✭✭✭Maximus Alexander

This would be 3 or 4 nil if United weren't dulled from that European away fixture during the week.

Is what I'm getting from this thread.

• Administrators, Computer Games Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 32,409 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Mickeroo

mosstin wrote: »
    I was alluding to the injury list he mentioned in his post.

All that means is you didn't really get what he said then. He pointed out the injuries because they mean we can't rest players after away European fixtures.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,819 ✭✭✭EuropeanSon

We've been muck. Mertesacker might've stopped the goal, but that aside, our passing has been atrocious. We've had no attacking verve to speak of. Ozil has been anonymous.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,428 ✭✭✭.jacksparrow.

And so using his name as a reason that our team is losing against a very good set piece with one of the best strikers in league, is laughable.
    If Arsenal lose today it's because we played the champions and weren't able to perform as we can.

Think they just explained it pretty well.

More then anything I just hope United don't sit bk and invite arsenal into game now keep playing how we have.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,224 ✭✭✭✭Marty McFly

I was alluding to the injury list he mentioned in his post.

Well if you are referring to the injury list if you knew my posts or followed Arsenal I have been crying out for options for weeks saying we need to be able to change the game plan something Walcott or Chamberlain offer with pace.

Plus if you were referring to the injury list that just makes your original post even more stupid.

United are winning fair play I have no complaint but there is 45 minutes to go yet ;).

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 42,606 Mod ✭✭✭✭Lord TSC

More then anything I just hope United don't sit bk and invite arsenal into game now keep playing how we have.

Thats my biggest worry. United in second halves where we are winning tends to just let the other team come and come. Still a long 45 minutes to go.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,404 ✭✭✭✭Vicxas

With Man Utd's recent second half performances. Should you guys stick to defending like mother lovers?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,825 ✭✭✭Timmyctc

Vidic will be a huge loss in the second half

• Registered Users Posts: 1,937 ✭✭✭billy2012

Hope Arsenal do them in the 2nd half!!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,431 ✭✭✭Felexicon

Happy with the first half. United deservedly 1-0 ahead. Hope we push on and don't try to see out the result.

People saying Jones deserved to be booked are clueless about football

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 35,514 ✭✭✭✭efb

Arsenal were very disorganised for the corner. Mert would have it organised

You say Arsenal miss Merte, what about Rosicky?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,136 ✭✭✭✭Rayne Wooney

Please don't park the bus now Moyes, have some backbone and go out to finish Arsenal off before they get a rhythm going

Thats my biggest worry. United in second halves where we are winning tends to just let the other team come and come. Still a long 45 minutes to go.

I honestly think if we stick to how we have played we can win this game.

If moyes decides to take what we have we could be in for a much different 2nd half.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 29,117 ✭✭✭✭Quazzie

For me he is the bigger loss today, especially now that we might want to change things around a bit.

• Advertisement

Mickeroo wrote: »
    All that means is you didn't really get what he said then. He pointed out the injuries because they mean we can't rest players after away European fixtures.

Arsenal losing, injuries mentioned. That was my point. Arsenal deserve to be behind not because of injuries but because they've been ****e.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 26,458 ✭✭✭✭gandalf

Our midfield is not performing at all. If they can raise their game then we have a chance. Giroud is anonymous but that's not surprising given the slim pickings he has had from midfield. Ozil really needs to step up and deliver a performance in the 2nd half.

Yes. But Mert is a bigger influence

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,224 ✭✭✭✭Marty McFly

:D Bruised are we? You mentioned injuries and that's what I was picking you up on.
    Me a bright spark? There's one 'o' in losing.
    Now pick up those toys.

Jasus, there are bad loosers and bad winners both as cringeworthy as the other currently your falling into one them categories.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,589 ✭✭✭Awesomeness

A big second halk. Id take Flamini off get gnabry out wide and ramsey in the middle.

I love flamini but hes slowing the play down in the middle a bit too much today

• Registered Users Posts: 5,336 ✭✭✭Mr.Micro

billy2012 wrote: »
    Hope Arsenal do them in the 2nd half!!

Just cannot see it today. We are very poor indeed, missing players aside.

Utd deserve to be in front.

Not easy on the eye though this game

efb wrote: »
    Arsenal were very disorganised for the corner. Mert would have it organised

If anything Mert would have stopped Giroud challenging for the ball and had a better chance at challenging Van Persie for the ball, but again who knows what would have happened, we still wouldn't have scored or been comfortable on the ball and that's the reason we would have had a crap half.

Well if you are referring to the injury list if you knew my posts or followed Arsenal I have been crying out for options for weeks saying we need to be able to change the game plan something Walcott or Chamberlain offer with pace.

Plus if you were referring to the injury list that just makes your original post even more stupid.

United are winning fair play I have no complaint but there is 45 minutes to go yet ;).

Why are you so upset with my post? Genuinely, is it just because you're losing?

• Users Awaiting Email Confirmation Posts: 15,001 ✭✭✭✭Pepe LeFrits

Nobody in the Arsenal midfield has performed; no need to pick out individuals.

• Advertisement

If anything Mert would have stopped Giroud challenging for the ball and had a better chance at challenging Van Persie for the ball, but again who knows what would have happened, we still wouldn't have scored or been comfortable on the ball and that's the reason we would have had a crap half.

I was talking about the goal and arsenal defensively

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,224 ✭✭✭barone

did it go in off his shoulder not his head?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,136 ✭✭✭✭Rayne Wooney

It could well be Rooney off in the second half if Clev and Fellaini were warming up.

Smalling in at CB with Jones going RB and Rooney and Vidic off for Clev and Fellaini in midfield.

Unless Rooney goes left wing

Never mind it's just Clev

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,772 ✭✭✭✭Paul Tergat

Clev? hmmm

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 42,606 Mod ✭✭✭✭Lord TSC

Vidic off annoys me.

Cleverly on ahead of Fellaini annoys me too.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,631 ✭✭✭✭Hank Scorpio

Cleverly on, would have preferred valencia go rb and smalling in the center and throw on adnan

Jasus, there are bad loosers and bad winners both as cringeworthy as the other currently your falling into one them categories.

I don't actually - I don't support either side but carry on.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 9,425 ✭✭✭FearDark

Come on Arsenal. Disappointed with that first half, we're capable of much much better. I still fancy us to get a draw. We have the potential to rip United apart if we get our stuff together.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,906 ✭✭✭✭PhlegmyMoses

Vidic off annoys me.

Cleverly on ahead of Fellaini annoys me too.

Not sure. Cleverley will move the ball around well and press their players. Could be a good sub.

• Advertisement

efb wrote: »
    I was talking about the goal and arsenal defensively

So you would be happy and not posting one liners about players being missing to hide your disappointment if it were nil nil now?
    Because our team is very average, and you cannot say that's because of one player.:pac:

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement