Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Manchester United vs Arsenal Match Thread 10/11/13 K/O 16.00 Sky.

1131415161719»

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,101 ✭✭✭NUTZZ

I'm surprised nobody has mentioned Van Persie celebrating. I know he didn't last year but still...I suppose you can't blame him in a way.

He celebrated because of the abuse he got from the away support, pretty much said so himself afterwards.
    niallo27 wrote: »
    He seems to get on well with the manager and the players, werent himself and wenger hugging last year. Shouldnt he have some respect for them.

It's hard for him to have respect for the fans while their chanting about him being a rapist, I was at the game and could hear it a few times.

Fans can chant what they like, but that's why we saw him celebrating for the first time against them.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 35,514 ✭✭✭✭efb

NUTZZ wrote: »
    He celebrated because of the abuse he got from the away support, pretty much said so himself afterwards.

It's hard for him to have respect for them while their chanting about him being a rapist, I was at the game and could hear it a few times.

Fans can chant what they like, but that's why we saw him celebrating for the first time against them.

And Und fans used call him...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,101 ✭✭✭NUTZZ

efb wrote: »
    And Und fans used call him...

Exactly, that's why I said fans can chant what they like. But that's what made him celebrate the way he did.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,995 ✭✭✭DoctorGonzo08

NUTZZ wrote: »
    Exactly, that's why I said fans can chant what they like. But that's what made him celebrate the way he did.

I thought it was more due to the fact that he has had such a poor run recently, missing peno last week, that it was a relief to get scoring again. He is a typical confidence stiker. Of course he is going to celebrate when he scores. As for fans chants, this happens in every game, and I'd like to think the majority of footballers are professional enough not to react to incite them more.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,222 ✭✭✭✭Will I Amnt

Pity he didn't do an Adebayor gallop, somersault up into the dugout and pull a mooner in Wenger's face.

You know it's been a good result when people are having a dig at a man for celebrating a goal :pac:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 29,117 ✭✭✭✭Quazzie

You know it's been a good result when people are having a dig at a man for celebrating a goal :pac:
    Who is?

Quazzie wrote: »
    Who is?
    Niallo, Talib Fiasco.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,987 ✭✭✭Kerrigooney

The whole not celebrating thing is a load of balls anyway.

Celebrate away ffs.

Niallo, Talib Fiasco.
    Neither had a dig at him. Don't be a making a big deal of nothing. No one cares if he celebrates, least of all the Arsenal fans.

Quazzie wrote: »
    Neither had a dig at him. Don't be a making a big deal of nothing. No one cares if he celebrates, least of all the Arsenal fans.
    Asking should he have had more respect, even bringing it to people's attention smacks of sour grapes. Something to get up in arms about because they didn't get the result they hoped for.
    I don't really care. In fact I f**king love it when people have to resort to that.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,748 ✭✭✭✭AdamD

Niallo, Talib Fiasco.

Don't think either of those people even support Arsenal..

AdamD wrote: »
    Exactly ;)

Molehill becomes mountain.

AdamD wrote: »
    I know. That's the best part. One's a Liverpool fan and the other a City fan if I'm not mistaken. I wasn't having a go at Arsenal fans at all.

• Site Banned Posts: 4,925 ✭✭✭Agueroooo

Dead match threads are dead.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,428 ✭✭✭.jacksparrow.

I know. That's the best part. One's a Liverpool fan and the other a City fan if I'm not mistaken. I wasn't having a go at Arsenal fans at all.

Hmmm.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,711 ✭✭✭keano_afc

I actually preferred it that he celebrated. His "respect" was never genuine in the first place.

Hmmm.
    Good point. I retract all I have said. I've been shown the error of my ways by jacksparrow and his wonderful and colourful relationship with the English language. ;)

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 15,694 Mod ✭✭✭✭dfx-

Agueroooo wrote: »
    Dead match threads are dead.

Indeed.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement