Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Manchester United vs Arsenal Match Thread 10/11/13 K/O 16.00 Sky.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,382 ✭✭✭✭greendom

Poor judgement - should know better

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,887 ✭✭✭✭klose

Id say united will win, any result will suit me though :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,080 ✭✭✭✭Maximus Alexander

United will put 8 past Arsenal today, easily.

8 crosses that go clear over the box and out for a throw on the other side.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,537 ✭✭✭Dave0301

FFS

It was Alex Ferguson's last game!

Find me another picture last that of the same ref from just a normal standard weekly game, and your argument might have some credence.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,139 ✭✭✭Red Crow

Agueroooo wrote: »
    No conspiracy needed.Its a photo that clearly shows match referees having a beer with a manager.
    Former, retiring it doesn't matter as refs should always be seen as 100% independent.

And a photo compromises that independence? Jesus Christ some people will look to the depths to find rubbish.

This is a non story and anyone who thinks Michael Oliver is wrong for taking a photo with the greatest manager of all time in his last game needs to check themselves in somewhere.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,508 ✭✭✭✭Mr.Crinklewood

Blessed be the obsessives, may their obsession distract from their own teams inadequacies.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,819 ✭✭✭EuropeanSon

Red Crow wrote: »
    And a photo compromises that independence? Jesus Christ some people will look to the depths to find rubbish.

This is a non story and anyone who thinks Michael Oliver is wrong for taking a photo with the greatest manager of all time in his last game needs to check themselves in somewhere.

Agree totally with this.

I would, however, be slightly more concerned about this, but I don't really know how reliable that report is. From just looking at the methodology, it seems pretty solid, but the author of the article IS an Arsenal fan.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,037 ✭✭✭✭niallo27

Agree totally with this.

I would, however, be slightly more concerned about this, but I don't really know how reliable that report is. From just looking at the methodology, it seems pretty solid, but the author of the article IS an Arsenal fan.

Did he get all 7 sending off desicions wrong or am i reading that wrong.

• Users Awaiting Email Confirmation Posts: 15,001 ✭✭✭✭Pepe LeFrits

"Which club would you like to play for most lads?"

arsenal-spl.jpg
    hahah played RW.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,222 ✭✭✭✭Will I Amnt

Agree totally with this.

It's absolute, pointless bollox. Chris Foy is there too, sure he's not the ref today, no need to mention him.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,333 ✭✭✭bad2dabone

Didn't get much sleep last night with anxiety.

Luckily spurs match is on now so I'll be guaranteed 90mins of sleep anyway

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,136 ✭✭✭✭Rayne Wooney

I think United will only get 3 penos today because Fergie's death stare won't be as effective up in the stand.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 10,402 Mod ✭✭✭✭CatInABox

niallo27 wrote: »

You're reading it right, but it includes those he wrongly sent off, and those he wrongly didn't send off.

According to their analysis of last season, he was the second worst referee, and did not favour any of the "top" teams except Man United.

It's an interesting read from a website I didn't know existed, but how much you can read into it I'm not sure.

You're getting that right. It includes failing to send people off, and sending people off incorrectly.

As a United fan, I hate the f**king sight of Michael Oliver. He's a card-happy, attention seeker. He's shìte for everyone IMO.

It's absolute, pointless bollox. Chris Foy is there too, sure he's not the ref today, no need to mention him.

The picture, or the ref review website?:confused:

If it's the latter, I understand maybe doubting it's reliability, but I couldn't see why you'd call it pointless bollix, it's important that someone reviews referee performances IMO.

The picture, or the ref review website?:confused:

If it's the latter, I understand maybe doubting it's reliability, but I couldn't see why you'd call it pointless bollix, it's important that someone reviews referee performances IMO.
    The picture. Didn't notice your link until after I posted and I was too lazy to correct it.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 34,424 ✭✭✭✭The_Kew_Tour

Well done lads.

Anothr match thread gone down swanny.

I almost forgot why I avoid these mostly.

• Administrators, Computer Games Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 32,409 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Mickeroo

Ugh, I don't know how to call it today. First time in a long time we've gone to OT and I feel like we can win but at the same time I don't want to get my hopes up because it's them. United have been so poor this season but they'll want to prove the doubters wrong today. Hopefully it's a good match and not a cagey affair.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,048 ✭✭✭Unearthly

Well done lads.

Anothr match thread gone down swanny.

I almost forgot why I avoid these mostly.

All it needs now is a Chelsea fan to state he can see united getting a soft peno

• Advertisement

Best buds.

279643.jpg

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 26,458 ✭✭✭✭gandalf

Unearthly wrote: »
    All it needs now is a Chelsea fan to state he can see united getting a soft peno

LOL The iconic Alanis Morissette moment :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,012 ✭✭✭✭Alfred Borden

Dont like twitter rumours but rumblings that Per and Rosicky out today, would be a massive lose, gutted if true.

Best buds.

279643.jpg

He looks ****en terrified of him. What does that tell you.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,829 ✭✭✭✭Panthro

Unearthly wrote: »

I can see United getting a soft pen.....ohhhh.....sorryyyy.....:o
    :pac::pac:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,033 ✭✭✭✭Richard Hillman

Oranage2 wrote: »
    I think it's crazy to see, I know one or two referees train at arsenal. I don't think it should be allowed full stop.

They are not allowed to ref Arsenal games. One of the refs trains at Everton and another at Bolton that I know of, they are not allowed to do their games.

Funny the spin you can put on something to suit an agenda.

Take Fergie out and tell me that's the face of a terrified man. He's doing his best to ignore him. Not easy when there's someone screaming in your face.

Funny the spin you can put on something to suit an agenda.

Take Fergie out and tell me that's the face of a terrified man. He's doing his best to ignore him. Not easy when there's someone screaming in your face.

I wasnt trying to put any spin on it, i was just saying he does look quiet frightened in the picture. I dont blame him ferguson was a powerful man.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,828 ✭✭✭gosplan

I wasnt trying to put any spin on it, i was just saying he does look quiet frightened in the picture. I dont blame him ferguson was a powerful man.

Nah surely any ref is pretty much immune to being shouted at.

I mean it would happen every single game.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,361 ✭✭✭YouTookMyName

I don't think there's another club quite like Arsenal. They get to the top of the league and they're suddenly the greatest ever again, you'd think, if anyone had some cop on, that they might just look at the lack of trophies in the last 8 and calm the fúck down.

That said i hope they beat the mancs today and open you a gap between the top 7 and the rest.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,254 ✭✭✭shano_88

Haven't seen it anywhere else but here but If Per is out, he will be a massive loss.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,012 ✭✭✭✭Alfred Borden

I don't think there's another club quite like Arsenal. They get to the top of the league and they're suddenly the greatest ever again, you'd think, if anyone had some cop on, that they might just look at the lack of trophies in the last 8 and calm the fúck down.

That said i hope they beat the mancs today and open you a gap between the top 7 and the rest.

No Arsenal fan thinks that

• Registered Users Posts: 1,608 ✭✭✭cathalio11

Have Arsenal fans not a right to feel confident and thrilled about their start to the season?

Also, I haven't seen any Arsenal fan who is not a bit hesitant about the next few weeks. Most have some sense of worry.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,428 ✭✭✭.jacksparrow.

The greatest ever again....

Best buds.

279643.jpg

Looks like David Platt having a go at Gail Platt.

• Advertisement

It tells you that Fergie is going to put him in his place after the game and let Michael Oliver know that every decision has to go United's way. We all know that Fergie controlled the referees. Wasn't he just great to have such a huge influence that grown men would sh1t themselves to make a decision against him. I'm sure Michael Oliver went home that night, locked his bedroom door and checked to make sure Fergie wasn't hiding under his bed to get him.

You've uncovered it all now Niallo. Didn't that Fergie fella have something to do with 9/11 as well? What a scourge!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,591 ✭✭✭✭Aidric

cathalio11 wrote: »
    Have Arsenal fans not a right to feel confident and thrilled about their start to the season?

The same Arsenal fans who were having a meltdown after the first game of the season?

Look at Fergie shouting at the official, I'm outraged, Brendan Rodgers or Wenger wouldn't do that, no sir they wouldn't, it's just Fergie that evil villain with control over the FA, shameful stuff.

:rolleyes:

Maybe now would be a good time to consider a separate "Soccer Conspiracy Forum". Some of the posts on here would fit in there.

Edit: and ironically most post are coming from certain supporters who's team isn't even playing in this game

• Administrators, Computer Games Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 32,409 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Mickeroo

Aidric wrote: »
    The same Arsenal fans who were having a meltdown after the first game of the season?

yeah probably, your point?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,018 ✭✭✭Barr

Excited to watch this game later -I fancy Arsenal to win today

• Advertisement

cathalio11 wrote: »
    Aidric wrote: »

Yes, I guess but I don't understand why you'd want to post a provocative response like that.

When clubs do great, the fans will be delighted. When they do poor, they will be sad or angry.

The fact Arsenal fans were disappointed in the past doesn't mean that they should pipe down and shut up when they're doing good. It's how things go and I'm pretty sure you understand that.

Look at Fergie shouting at the official, I'm outraged, Brendan Rodgers or Wenger wouldn't do that, no sir they wouldn't, it's just Fergie that evil villain with control over the FA, shameful stuff.

:rolleyes:

Maybe now would be a good time to consider a separate "Soccer Conspiracy Forum". Some of the posts on here would fit in there.

Ah mate calm down, the game hasn't even started!

Let's try enjoy it..

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 34,424 ✭✭✭✭The_Kew_Tour

In fairness its not the arsenal fans ruining thread yet again.

Most of them can have good debate and banter.

It was going ok till this morning.

Anyway hopefully its good game like the great games of before.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,333 ✭✭✭bad2dabone

Thinking arsenal are the greatest is probably a common trait among arsenal fans. In fact I believe the arsenal fans even sing a song to that effect.

bad2dabone wrote: »
    Thinking arsenal are the greatest is probably a common trait among arsenal fans. In fact I believe the arsenal fans even sing a song to that effect.

Imagine that.

Fans thinking their team is the best...

The shock!

What's this I'm hearing about RVP being injured? Anyone on the united end of things hear anything?

Boyle Sports and other sources saying RVP could be out with a groin strain.

Wouldn't read anything into it yet, it seems to be a recurring thing to say he's out just before every game.

Maybe we'll see Rooney up top with Kagawa behind if he is though.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,589 ✭✭✭Awesomeness

RVP would be a massive . So would teh BFG. If one is out and not the other it swings the odds big time in that teams favour

Mickeroo wrote: »
    What's this I'm hearing about RVP being injured? Anyone on the united end of things hear anything?

Sounds like a load of bollocks at the minute. It's from a WUM tweet. Although you never know. There was a rumour that he was struggling with his groin but that was before the game midweek and he came on and played half an hour and looked fine.

• Users Awaiting Email Confirmation Posts: 15,001 ✭✭✭✭Pepe LeFrits

Dunno, Rooney is a pretty top class option to play at point anyway.

Vermaelen coming in for the BFG is more unsettling. He's played well when he's been involved so far this season, but his partnership with Koscielny has rarely looked assured and this isn't exactly the ideal game to start working on it again.

• Advertisement
This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement