Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Manchester United vs Arsenal Match Thread 10/11/13 K/O 16.00 Sky.

Comments

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 4,719 ✭✭✭dundalkfc10

RVP is out with a groin strain according to Boylesports

• Administrators, Computer Games Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 32,409 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Mickeroo

Dunno, Rooney is a pretty top class option to play at point anyway.

Vermaelen coming in for the BFG is more unsettling. He's played well when he's been involved so far this season, but his partnership with Koscielny has rarely looked assured and this isn't exactly the ideal game to start working on it again.

Agreed, if Rooney has a good game RVP wouldn't be too big of a loss, not to mention the fact that he loves playing against Arsenal. THough I'm sure Vermaelan has it in him to step up to the plate if Mert is out this really isn't the ideal game to test that theory out.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,139 ✭✭✭Red Crow

Team predictions?

DDG, Raf, Evans, Vida, Evra, Valenica :(, Jones, Carrick, Januzaj, Rooney, RVP.

If RVP is out I'd like to see a front three of Kagawa, Rooney and Januzaj. Jones will be given a man marking job today I'd say. If Cleverley plays in the middle we'll get destroyed.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,037 ✭✭✭✭niallo27

Red Crow wrote: »
    It tells you that Fergie is going to put him in his place after the game and let Michael Oliver know that every decision has to go United's way. We all know that Fergie controlled the referees. Wasn't he just great to have such a huge influence that grown men would sh1t themselves to make a decision against him. I'm sure Michael Oliver went home that night, locked his bedroom door and checked to make sure Fergie wasn't hiding under his bed to get him.

You've uncovered it all now Niallo. Didn't that Fergie fella have something to do with 9/11 as well? What a scourge!

Someone is a bit cranky this morning, In fairness i never blamed ferguson for 9/11.

• Site Banned Posts: 4,925 ✭✭✭Agueroooo

In fairness its not the arsenal fans ruining thread yet again.

Most of them can have good debate and banter.

It was going ok till this morning.

Anyway hopefully its good game like the great games of before.

Thats two different threads and two accusations about the thread being ruined by you??

I suppose you are on about my post with the refs etc

well as I clearly stated it wasn't about Ferguson but the really bad judgement by the refs in question, but a few precious souls seem to want to dig deeper for a shįt storm that never was intended to be formed.

Nowback to the match...

Still think UTD will get a result due to Arsenals grulling schedule of late, but if Van Persie is out then that is a different story.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,772 ✭✭✭✭Paul Tergat

For me the United - Arsenal rivalry is THE rivalry in the PL. It's a team I most feared and also most respected. Hope for a good game today with a United win

and ffs will the usual suspects just give it a rest

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,797 ✭✭✭✭Francie Barrett

It's funny what difference a season makes. Last year it was Arsenal who were in decline and United who were grinding out result after result.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,136 ✭✭✭✭Rayne Wooney

It's funny what difference a season makes. Last year it was Arsenal who were in decline and United who were grinding out result after result.

I wouldn't say Arsenal are grinding out results, they're playing well, United were shocking for a lot of last season with RVP bailing us out.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 5,825 ✭✭✭Timmyctc

Proves that all these "end of an era" and such the media blabber on about is utter bollocks most of the time. I recall the RTE panel talking about how united were on a downward slope after getting put of CL by Bayern one year and that they were no longer a top 4 team and Liverpool were going to become a top team again instead. Theres no way teams as big as Arsenal, Chelsea and United will drop out of contention for the league completely, ever imo.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 15,116 ✭✭✭✭RasTa

No team that wins the league can be considered shocking

Timmyctc wrote: »
    Proves that all these "end of an era" and such the media blabber on about is utter bollocks most of the time. I recall the RTE panel talking about how united were on a downward slope after getting put of CL by Bayern one year and Liverpool were going to become a top team again. Theres no way teams as big as Arsenal, Chelsea and United will drop out of contention for the league completely, ever imo.

I know you know this but the RTE panel should just be ignored completely

• Registered Users Posts: 2,589 ✭✭✭Awesomeness

For me the United - Arsenal rivalry is THE rivalry in the PL. It's a team I most feared and also most respected. Hope for a good game today with a United win
    I would like this if it didnt have united win at the end of it.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,500 ✭✭✭Drexel

I wouldn't say Arsenal are grinding out results, they're playing well, United were shocking for a lot of last season with RVP bailing us out.

Utd haven't really impressed and played good football consistently since Ronaldo!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,819 ✭✭✭EuropeanSon

Proves that all these "end of an era" and such the media blabber on about is utter bollocks most of the time. I recall the RTE panel talking about how united were on a downward slope after getting put of CL by Bayern one year and Liverpool were going to become a top team again. Theres no way teams as big as Arsenal, Chelsea and United will drop out of contention for the league completely, ever imo.

Agreed. This is mostly because the huge injection of cash lately has allowed them to entrench themselves. Utd and Arsenal especially (the former because they have such a huge base now, the latter because of excellent financial planning and management) have such a powerful, entrenched position that they'll be very hard to dislodge.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 5,825 ✭✭✭Timmyctc

I know you know this but the RTE panel should just be ignored completely

It wasn't that, that annoyed me but the fact that most non-united fans I know completely agreed with them. Liverpool fans especially :pac:

It wasn't that, that annoyed me but the fact that most non-united fans I know completely agreed with them. Liverpool fans especially :pac:

The desperation of latching onto things like that. We've heard it all before over the last 20 years.

This is turning into a fantastic weekend for whoever wins today. City 1-0 down at Sunderland.

• Users Awaiting Email Confirmation Posts: 15,001 ✭✭✭✭Pepe LeFrits

This is turning into a fantastic weekend for whoever wins today.
    Liverpool?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,608 ✭✭✭cathalio11

Liverpool?

Em, if City were to drop points to go along with Chelsea dropping 2 (at home), Everton dropping 2 and Spurs losing (at home); it would be a fantastic weekend for the top teams, regardless of how Liverpool did.

• Advertisement

Liverpool?

I wouldn't be worrying about Liverpool tbh. Maybe I'm wrong, but I can't see them lasting.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,506 ✭✭✭✭Xenji

This is turning into a fantastic weekend for whoever wins today. City 1-0 down at Sunderland.

Scored by a former red devil as well :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 15,116 ✭✭✭✭RasTa

Southampton!

I wouldn't be worrying about Liverpool tbh. Maybe I'm wrong, but I can't see them lasting.

I'm not having a dig here but why would Arsenal be in a different boat then?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,608 ✭✭✭cathalio11

I don't mean to sound rude but Liverpool have finished well behind Arsenal in recent seasons and Arsenal have showed utter class this season.

Admittedly, Liverpool have at times too but there in-vulnerabilities are very, very evident.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,500 ✭✭✭Drexel

Liverpool?

No matter what happens in the arsenal match Liverpool are doing well. Two top four rivals dropping points and maybe city as well. In fairness to pool if I'm goina say Arsenal have a chance at a tile push this year, I can't ignore how Liverpool are doing and have to say they have a very good chance of top 4. I wouldn't have said tht at the start if the season

We have a much better midfield and defence, and we're still winning all our games despite missing some pretty good players (Walcott, Podolski, Chamberlain, Flamini, Arteta, Wilshere have all missed important games).
    Edit: Forgot Cazorla

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 39,592 ✭✭✭✭KevIRL

Xenji wrote: »
    Scored by a former red devil as well :D

Assisted by another.

Long long way to go though

• Users Awaiting Email Confirmation Posts: 15,001 ✭✭✭✭Pepe LeFrits

Regardless, it's a brilliant weekend for them, no matter the result later.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,480 ✭✭✭ronjo

Probably because Arsenal are top of the league even with the biggest injury list in the league

• Advertisement

cathalio11 wrote: »
    I don't mean to sound rude but Liverpool have finished well behind Arsenal in recent seasons and Arsenal have showed utter class this season.

Admittedly, Liverpool have at times too but there in-vulnerabilities are very, very evident.

In fairness to both Pool and Arsenal they look like very different teams this year. If we want to look at past seasons then we would be saying well Arsenal were nowhere near competing

Suarez is more than capable of dragging Pool into the CL places this year and with City, Chelsea and United not setting any kind of pace I think its fair to put both Arsenal AND Pool in the mix

Anyway, this is a match thread so should prob leave it that way. Enjoy the match!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 200 ✭✭bishopmuzorewa

First time ever for this and I feel dirty but come on united.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,056 ✭✭✭Too Tough To Die

It's time to remind Arsenal who they are and more importantly who we are.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,506 ✭✭✭✭Xenji

We can add Liverpool to the list, but the biggest challenge for them is holding this sort of form, it always seems to dip around Christmas and they usually do not regain it for the second half of the season.

ronjo wrote: »
    Probably because Arsenal are top of the league even with the biggest injury list in the league

but the comment made was on them lasting - Pool in the past showed no precedent for lasting the pace but neither did Arsenal. It looks different for both this season.

Last post on the matter anyway as again, its a match thread

Xenji wrote: »
    We can add Liverpool to the list, but the biggest challenge for them is holding this sort of form, it always seems to dip around Christmas and they usually do not regain it for the second half of the season.

You just made that up :)

Anyway, hoping for plenty of goals and red cards today. Lots of controversy would be fun too.

• Site Banned Posts: 4,925 ✭✭✭Agueroooo

It's time to remind Arsenal who they are and more importantly who we are.

Thats fair enough but its also fair to say that there is a big question mark over if this current UTD squad is (or has) that which you touch on.

today will tell us a lot but so big afternoon coming up for UTD/Moyes.

I am far too hungover for a match of this magnitude...

First half hattrick from Ramsey would be perfect.

Tyvm

• Closed Accounts Posts: 153 ✭✭Uaru

I can see this being a low scoring draw. Moyes will play his usual big game conservative tactics.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 53,262 ✭✭✭✭GavRedKing

rarnes1 wrote: »
    You just made that up :)

Anyway, hoping for plenty of goals and red cards today. Lots of controversy would be fun too.

F**k no, I want a nice and easy thread with no controversy.

Wishful thinking though......

Biggest game of Moyes' career so far

He was seen walking around Old Trafford this morning with a nervous look on his face, pic below

panic.gif

I want to see a good performance today, obviously I'd love a win, but a loss would be easier to take if we actually play well and show signs of improving.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,222 ✭✭✭✭Will I Amnt

jonny666 wrote: »
    Utd haven't really impressed and played good football consistently since Ronaldo!
    2 leagues, Champions League runner up, League Cup.
    Thought that would impress an Arsenal fan anyway.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,252 ✭✭✭deisedevil

ronjo wrote: »
    with the biggest injury list in the league

It's not.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,382 ✭✭✭✭greendom

deisedevil wrote: »
    It's not.

I could do with cheering up. Who has a bigger one?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,252 ✭✭✭deisedevil

greendom wrote: »
    I could do with cheering up. Who has a bigger one?

Villa :D

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2,224 ✭✭✭barone

0-0 .. just like chelsea game

barone wrote: »

Doubt it, Arsenal are playing way way better than Chelsea did that day and even City who beat us well.

I can't see Arsenal not scoring

• Administrators, Computer Games Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 32,409 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Mickeroo

barone wrote: »

Ah not a hope, at least arsenal will have a striker on the field. Don't think we'll set out to draw this one like Mourinho did and neither will Moyes imo.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,071 ✭✭✭user2011

Per Mertasacker and Rosicky sent home from Arsenal squad confirmed on NBCsn.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,480 ✭✭✭✭cson

Wenger confirms there's a "bug in the camp" according to BBC.

****, not ideal at all. Especially with Per gone if the above is true.

• Advertisement
This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement