Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Manchester United vs Arsenal Match Thread 10/11/13 K/O 16.00 Sky.

Comments

• Administrators, Computer Games Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 32,409 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Mickeroo

I wonder will it be Ramsey or Ozil on the wing?

Not really as confident as I was a few days ago, but glad that Nani isn't playing. Be happy with a draw.

Ramsey right, Caz left I'd say. they'll probably do a lot of switching around anyway.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,428 ✭✭✭.jacksparrow.

Mickeroo wrote: »
    Chelsea match I think.

Exactly , sums up my point nicely.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,589 ✭✭✭Awesomeness

Bright side - TV attacks the ball better than mert. More of a danger at set pieces

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,136 ✭✭✭✭Rayne Wooney

An Arsenal supporting mate of mine just texted saying he's delighted Valencia is starting.. Says it all really

Gringo180 wrote: »
    Mert dropped??
    Out with a virus. Rosicky too

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 26,458 ✭✭✭✭gandalf

You for real? He comes back from an injury and been dropped and you say if he has a bad game let's bench him for the season?

Pathetic.

Hmmm you misunderstood me. The BFG and Koscielny have been rock solid so far this season. If Vermaelen wants to get back into the reckoning he is unfortunately (or fortunately) going to have to put in flawless performances.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,709 ✭✭✭shrewdness

Nevermind Valencia playing, that's hardly a big surprise so I don't understand the shock and horror of some, but why on earth is Jones ahead of Fellaini? The mind boggles, why bother signing him at all if he's not going to play in these big games? And a defender playing that role ahead of him makes it even worse, very strange.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,500 ✭✭✭Fuzzy_Dunlop

I wonder will it be Ramsey or Ozil on the wing?

Not really as confident as I was a few days ago, but glad that Nani isn't playing. Be happy with a draw.
    Mickeroo wrote: »
    Ramsey right, Caz left I'd say. they'll probably do a lot of switching around anyway.

Yeah I'd say so, just don't like seeing Ramsey stuck out on the wing too much.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,906 ✭✭✭✭PhlegmyMoses

Jones in centre midfield :(

Valencia again :(

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,783 ✭✭✭Pj!

It's going to be physical. That's why Jones is in. Valancia is in. Janujaz isn't. No big shock surely.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,345 ✭✭✭jamescd

Don't think the absence of Mert is such a big loss with Flamini coming back in. Sticking to me prediction for Arsenal to win 2-1

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,825 ✭✭✭Timmyctc

shrewdness wrote: »
    Nevermind Valencia playing, that's hardly a surprise so I don't understand the shock and horror of some, but why on earth is Jones ahead of Fellaini? The mind boggles, why bother signing him at all if he's not going to play in these big games? And a defender playing that role ahead of him makes it even worse, very strange.

Whats th story with his wrist surgery? Does he need that or what? I presumed thats why he was missing games initially.

jamescd wrote: »
    Don't think the absence of Mert is such a big loss with Flamini coming back in. Sticking to me prediction for Arsenal to win 2-1

I disagree, think it's a disaster waiting to happen with United's front 2.

Moyes is doing it again. Function over creativity and cohesion in a big game. At least he's playing Kagawa, but in the wrong position, no doubt.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,254 ✭✭✭shano_88

Time for Tv to step up and make up for last years mistakes. Gonna be a physical battle early on I'd imagine.

Mert a big loss for Arsenal.

Advantage Manu

Headshot wrote: »
    **** off Jones, ffs
    Jones in centre midfield :(
    shrewdness wrote: »
    why on earth is Jones ahead of Fellaini? The mind boggles

All week the likes of Gary Neville and Keown have been expecting Jones for this so it's hardly that much of a shock. Gary Neville certainly thinks it will be tailor made for Jones.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,480 ✭✭✭✭cson

Mertesacker's been immense for the guts of a year at this stage, very underrated imo.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,480 ✭✭✭✭cson

Pj! wrote: »
    All week the likes of Gary Neville and Keown have been expecting Jones for this so it's hardly that much of a shock. Gary Neville certainly thinks it will be tailor made for Jones.

He started in midfield the day ye flogged us 8-2 didn't he?

I certainly agree, we are weaker with TV in for Mert.
    Since he's been out we aren't leaving huge gaps at the back.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,668 ✭✭✭Whatsisname

cson wrote: »
    He started in midfield the day ye flogged us 8-2 didn't he?

CB alongside Evans. Cleverley and Anderson started CM that day

That's grand. I don't. We'll see I suppose, but his passing lets him down badly in that position. Another match, another team setting up without the need to tailor themselves to us, whilst we play players that we think will negate the threat of some of theirs.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,431 ✭✭✭dvemail

As long as Vermaelen doesn't make his usual bursts up the pitch and just try and keep a level head we may be ok.

dvemail wrote: »
    As long as Vermaelen doesn't make his usual bursts up the pitch and just try and keep a level head we may be ok.

Yeah at times he can be a backup striker :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,222 ✭✭✭✭Will I Amnt

I'll bow out of here now before the clusterf**k really kicks in.
    Hoping for a good game. If United are off the pace it's an Arsenal win but if they play to their ability there's every chance of taking the 3 points.

I'll be back to gloat later if we win and I'll go into hiding if we lose. That's just how I roll and I don't even care :cool:

dvemail wrote: »

Will we though? He hasn't been playing for months and isn't the best defender in the world.

And he's up against vp and Rooney.

Bad bad feeling.

I'll bow out of here now before the clusterf**k really kicks in.
    Hoping for a good game. If United are off the pace it's an Arsenal win but if they play to their ability there's every chance of taking the 3 points.

I'll be back to gloat later if we win and I'll go into hiding if we lose. That's just how I roll and I don't even care :cool:

Bye!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,222 ✭✭✭✭Will I Amnt

Bye!
    See ya later.... maybe ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,709 ✭✭✭shrewdness

Whatever about Jones doing well in midfield before and pundits expecting him to play, the fact is he is a defender and is playing in midfield ahead of a big money midfield signing. I hope he goes on and has a brilliant game but I don't get it.

• Advertisement

Will we though? He hasn't been playing for months and isn't the best defender in the world.

And he's up against vp and Rooney.

Bad bad feeling.

He's not on his own though, at least Koscielny is there to guide him.
    He needs to push for a place in this team, so I expect him to perform and not make huge complacent mistakes.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,389 ✭✭✭✭Liam O

Jones has played well in midfield in big games on multiple occasions. Against the most devastating midfield in the league I'm not disappointed to see him there. Valencia playing with the other options is a joke though and further oroof that Moyes knows very little about United's recent history that would indicate how Nani has constantly dicked all over Arsenal since joining.

He's not on his own though, at least Koscielny is there to guide him.
    He needs to push for a place in this team, so I expect him to perform and not make huge complacent mistakes.

Push for his place against who though?

It's not as if he has a good game, Wenger is suddenly going to drop kos or mert.

Anyway here's hoping.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,431 ✭✭✭dvemail

Anyway. Time for Vermaelen to make us eat our words.

Push for his place against who though?

It's not as if he has a good game, Wenger is suddenly going to drop kos or mert.

Anyway here's hoping.

Put it this way, Vermaelen used to be the first name on the team sheet, now he's the 12th!!!
    It doesn't make sense that the captain of the club couldn't make his way back into the squad with a good performance today.

Sky cutting it fine!

• Advertisement

With the other results this is massive. Arsenal win opens up a nice gap. United win their right back up there

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,345 ✭✭✭jamescd

City lost :pac:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 33,709 ✭✭✭✭Cantona's Collars

Get in there Sunderland,c'mon United!!!!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,136 ✭✭✭✭Rayne Wooney

This game starts at 16:10 I think

Sky cutting it fine!

On at 4.10pm

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,190 ✭✭✭✭IvySlayer

Jamie Carragher and Jamie Redknapp?

:(

On at 4.10pm

Ah explains a lot!

• Site Banned Posts: 4,925 ✭✭✭Agueroooo

Arteta v Jones.

only one winner there.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,019 ✭✭✭davycc

i feel dirty even thinking this, never mind saying it but: Comon Manu :-(

Expecting big game from ozil.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,017 ✭✭✭Chagan

No defensive cover on the bench?

Vermaelen and Koscielny, can't say I'm delighted.

• Site Banned Posts: 26,456 ✭✭✭✭Nuri Sahin

BYuOJWxIEAA_y8J.jpg:large

Leggo!

• Registered Users Posts: 712 ✭✭✭SweepTheLeg

We're missing Per, but United are starting Valencia & Jones.

Jesus just get on with the game, is there really any need for this in football match?,

• Advertisement
This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement