Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Cheapest way to order efibre/phone/evision bundle?

Options
  • 08-11-2013 4:06pm
    Registered Users Posts: 450 ✭✭

Hello,

I am currently renovating a house that I will be moving into next month. I am interested in the efibre unlimited (broadband/phone) package as well as the evision product. According to the Eircom website the best bundle price for all three is 50 euro for 6 months and 60 per month subsequently for the duration of the 18 month contract. However if I was to only take the efibre unlimited package, there is an offer of 35 euro for the first 6 months. In addition, for existing efibre customers, evision is free for the first 6 months.

So if I want to order all three together it will cost me 90 euro more than if I order efibre first and as soon as I have it, order evision. I asked a live chat agent if this understanding was correct, and he said yes and if I wanted to save the 90 euro I have to order efibre first, wait until it's set up, then order evision.

Is that not a waste of everyone's time and energy? I have to put in two seperate orders on two different dates. Eircom needs to take two orders and then assign two different engineers to my house, when possibly one might be able to do all three if ordered together. Normally the more products/services you buy in bulk, the better the saving so this really seems daft.

Aside from my bewilderment, my issue is that I would like all three services installed before xmas but the house isn't likely to be ready for an engineer until the first week of december. If I wait until then to order, with standard two week lead times, it would be after xmas before I would get the evision product.

So I'm just asking is there anyone here that can cut through the red tape of the strict conditions of the bundle offers or do I need to go through the order process in two stages if I want to save myself 90 euro?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,441 ✭✭✭eircom: Mark

Hello,

I am currently renovating a house that I will be moving into next month. I am interested in the efibre unlimited (broadband/phone) package as well as the evision product. According to the Eircom website the best bundle price for all three is 50 euro for 6 months and 60 per month subsequently for the duration of the 18 month contract. However if I was to only take the efibre unlimited package, there is an offer of 35 euro for the first 6 months. In addition, for existing efibre customers, evision is free for the first 6 months.

So if I want to order all three together it will cost me 90 euro more than if I order efibre first and as soon as I have it, order evision. I asked a live chat agent if this understanding was correct, and he said yes and if I wanted to save the 90 euro I have to order efibre first, wait until it's set up, then order evision.

Is that not a waste of everyone's time and energy? I have to put in two seperate orders on two different dates. Eircom needs to take two orders and then assign two different engineers to my house, when possibly one might be able to do all three if ordered together. Normally the more products/services you buy in bulk, the better the saving so this really seems daft.

Aside from my bewilderment, my issue is that I would like all three services installed before xmas but the house isn't likely to be ready for an engineer until the first week of december. If I wait until then to order, with standard two week lead times, it would be after xmas before I would get the evision product.

So I'm just asking is there anyone here that can cut through the red tape of the strict conditions of the bundle offers or do I need to go through the order process in two stages if I want to save myself 90 euro?
    Hi Det Somerset

Can you send us a PM with your existing eircom account number and the address you are moving to and I will look into that for you.

Mark

• Registered Users Posts: 450 ✭✭Det Somerset

For anyone who had an interest in this thread, after a number of PMs I still didn't get a straight answer to my question but the inference seems to be that it's cheaper to order a broadband and phone package, wait until it is installed and then order evision, than it is to order all three in one go. It doesn't make sense why it should be like this, but that's the way it seems to be.

For anyone who had an interest in this thread, after a number of PMs I still didn't get a straight answer to my question but the inference seems to be that it's cheaper to order a broadband and phone package, wait until it is installed and then order evision, than it is to order all three in one go. It doesn't make sense why it should be like this, but that's the way it seems to be.
    Hi Det Somerset

I apologise if you feel my responses via PM were not detailed enough. I have been advised that there are separate new customer / existing customer promotions.

The promotions are the same if you place the order online or over the phone, however as I suggested it would be best to call the efibre sales team directly on 1800 503 303  (option 1) and an agent can go through it with you step by step.

Thanks, Mark

• Registered Users Posts: 450 ✭✭Det Somerset

Hi Det Somerset

I apologise if you feel my responses via PM were not detailed enough. I have been advised that there are separate new customer / existing customer promotions.

The promotions are the same if you place the order online or over the phone, however as I suggested it would be best to call the efibre sales team directly on 1800 503 303  (option 1) and an agent can go through it with you step by step.

Thanks, Mark
    Mark,

I appreciate the effort you made to assist and answer my query and your tone was polite and respectful throughout, but I asked a specific (if admittedly confusing) question which to my mind you never focused on answering. At the time I could only assume that you didn't understand what I was asking as you gave me lots of information I already knew without giving the straight forward answer I was seeking. I attempted to continue the dialogue respectfully to get that answer, but you never replied to my last PM so I didn't see any point in chasing further which is why I posted what I did today. It was not my intention to highlight any sort of complaint but simply report the facts of the situation in case anyone was watching the thread with interest.

Thanks

Hi Det Somerset

Thanks, Mark
    Mark,

I appreciate the effort you made to assist and answer my query and your tone was polite and respectful throughout, but I asked a specific (if admittedly confusing) question which to my mind you never focused on answering. At the time I could only assume that you didn't understand what I was asking as you gave me lots of information I already knew without giving the straight forward answer I was seeking. I attempted to continue the dialogue respectfully to get that answer, but you never replied to my last PM so I didn't see any point in chasing further which is why I posted what I did today. It was not my intention to highlight any sort of complaint but simply report the facts of the situation in case anyone was watching the thread with interest.

Thanks
    No problem Det Somerset

I apologise I was not able to be of more help.

Mark

• Advertisement
Advertisement