Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Making every mile count

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,065 ✭✭✭dublin runner

Amazing progression, DR. Really amazing - you're in good shape.

You are dead right - no bluffers on that course, so many hills and a tough finish. Great running by you today.

Cheers. Great job today. Didn't see you but heard great things about your group. Fantastic day for it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,121 ✭✭✭tang1

Have you shaved since your Irish Runner photoshoot? Was keeping an eye out for you but obviously missed you. Great running & savage progress over past few years.

tang1 wrote: »
    Have you shaved since your Irish Runner photoshoot? Was keeping an eye out for you but obviously missed you. Great running & savage progress over past few years.

Ha! I know, that photo makes it look I have a bushy beard (not true of course!) I had to shave for work though. Such a pain! Were you marshaling? If so, very well done. Every junction was very clearly indicated.

Ha! I know, that photo makes it look I have a bushy beard (not true of course!) I had to shave for work though. Such a pain! Were you marshaling? If so, very well done. Every junction was very clearly indicated.

I was just short of ten miles in at a staggered crossroads, i'm originally from the area so wanted to help in someway this year seeing the race practically passes my family home front door. Great result again.

Monday 6/10

AM

Sports Massage.

A kind present bought for me by a good friend meant I spent an hour of my morning getting the bejaysus kicked into me. I didn't quite expect it to be quite as sore but I guess that happens if you've only gotten one massage before. Ever. I know, I know....

PM

8.20 Miles Easy @7.11p/m in 58:53

The legs felt pretty good after the mornings pounding and the steady long run the day previous.

Tuesday 7/10
    13.30 Miles Various

AM

8.30 Miles Easy @7.17p/m in 1.00:24

PM

5 Miles Easy @7.21p/m in 36:44
    -inc. 3 x 30 second strides @5k effort

Wednesday 8/10
    11.5+ Miles

AM

-W/U 1 Miles
    -7x1km reps (3.20-3.24) with 200m recovery
    -W/D 2 Miles

One of those sessions were I never felt comfortable. Maybe it was the horrible conditions or maybe it was because I was in Tallaght :pac:. Only joking! Nice to meet up with Ecoli and Dr.Q but the lack of track work recently showed. I never got into any rhythm, partly due to some tension in the left shoulder. I managed to finish the 5th rep, somehow clinging onto their coattails. I always managed to keep with a second or two of them but I decided to sit out the 6th rep as I was working a bit too hard. If the marathon wasn't so close I would have fought on but stubbornly I returned to finish the last two reps.

I think a lot of the flatness had to do with the lack of any track work recently. All in all a good session with two lads a bit ahead of me, especially over the 5/10km distances.

PM

4 Miles Easy @7.18p/m in 29.13

Legs felt great with no tiredness from the mornings session.

The slight reduction in the mileage this week is leaving me that bit fresher. The last big decision is whether to race a 5/10km this weekend. There isn't a lot of choice so I may choose to leave it. Interestingly I raced a 10km 11 days before Rotterdam in April. I think this really helped sharpen and focus the mind but this time time around I want to give myself an extra few days in between. Experimentation if nothing else. You gotta see what works for you after all. You gotta also learn from your own mistakes :cool:.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,610 ✭✭✭yaboya1

I have a couple of questions. If you felt the 10k race sharpened you up in April, why do you think you ran flat (your words, not mine) on the day in Rotterdam. This is not a criticism btw, I'm just interested in where you think you went wrong (Tralee?). Also, do you think a 10k race two weeks out is a good idea in general or does it totally depend on the athlete?

yaboya1 wrote: »
    I have a couple of questions. If you felt the 10k race sharpened you up in April, why do you think you ran flat (your words, not mine) on the day in Rotterdam. This is not a criticism btw, I'm just interested in where you think you went wrong (Tralee?). Also, do you think a 10k race two weeks out is a good idea in general or does it totally depend on the athlete?

Good questions.

Why did I run flat? A combination of things really. I was over tapered over trained, if that makes sense. My taper, in relation to my training mileage and intensity, reduced the miles and intensity too much. It wasn't a gradual reduction.

The heat on the day.

Interesting to note that getting stressed, anxious etc. before the race can impede your performance by up to 10 percent. I only discussed this with Dr.Q on Tuesday. I was stressed to the max on the day. All my own fault. Plus travelling takes a lot out off me. The article is around here somewhere. I'll dig out out.

Tralee I dont believe was an issue. Doing 90 plus miles the week after was. Over trained.

Regarding racing prior to the marathon, it's individual. I like to do it but can see why others avoid. If I do race it will probably be more a good hard tempo rather than a flat out race.

Would I have changed a thing in hindsight? No. I am far better for the experience.

It's all about building, layer by layer, training cycle by training cycle. We all have an ultimate dream goal. Every race and training block is hopefully one step closer to this.

Thursday 9/10

8 Miles Easy @7.11p/m in 57:53

With a long day working it would be fair to say I was itching to get out. In the door, quick change and out the door. Pace was a bit on the quick side but it was getting late, not quite 'ecoli late' but late nonetheless!

Friday 10/10
    15.5 Miles Various

PM

11.5 Miles

-W/U 1 Mile
    -3x(3 miles at PMP with 3 min recovery)
    -W/D 1.5 Miles

Rep 1: 6.00, 5.58, 6.00
    Rep 2: 5.59, 6.00, 6.02
    Rep 3: 5.56, 5.59, 5.56

To break up the routine I jumped into the car and headed for Tymon Park. I wasn't too sure what to expect as the park was unknown to me. It turned out to be the perfect place for this particular session. I quickly found a three mile loop on the first rep. The wind was noticeable but nothing too bad.

I quickly settled into a rhythm. Unfortunately the rhythm was at six minute mile pace so not not exactly my planned marathon pace. I thought the pace would naturally drop but for some reason it would not budge. The three minute recovery was generous enough but felt short. The 3rd rep was the toughest, with the wind and uphill last mile proving troublesome but manageable (somehow a 5.56 mile).

I really must dial in quicker to my marathon pace. If I set off at 6 minute miles on the 27th the blow-up will be seen throughout Dublin. Just look out for the explosion and smoke in the sky :eek:.

Later PM

4 Miles Very Easy (Gamin decided to delete)

The key is to this week is discipline. I have a tenancy to over-train and flog myself to somehow prove something. I find it hard to do less.

So, no racing this weekend. Nothing to prove. Although I might use a parkrun next week as a hard tempo effort/sharpener.

Getting close. Excited.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,629 ✭✭✭ThebitterLemon

That's a great MP session A, savage last rep.

Seems to be all coming together nicely.

TbL

That's a great MP session A, savage last rep.

Seems to be all coming together nicely.

TbL

Thanks. Happy enough. I set out too fast and was too stubborn to slow down! Not the best managed session but anyway.

Hope you are enjoying taper. Amsterdam won't know what's hit it!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,900 ✭✭✭KielyUnusual

Thanks. Happy enough. I set out too fast and was too stubborn to slow down! Not the best managed session but anyway.

Hope you are enjoying taper. Amsterdam won't know what's hit it!

In fairness, I think you are better off being slightly above marathon pace in your sessions anyway. Sure TbL would know all about that.

In fairness, I think you are better off being slightly above marathon pace in your sessions anyway. Sure TbL would know all about that.

True. The Garmin isn't exactly either. Although starting out at below six minute pace will end my race later on. Pretty sure of this. Especially as the plan is to get to mile 7 intact and comfortable and take the race from there. This might meaning running 6.10/6.12 starting out. Miles 3.5-7 are the keys miles for me.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,545 ✭✭✭tunguska

So, no racing this weekend. Nothing to prove. Although I might use a parkrun next week as a hard tempo effort/sharpener.

Nooooooooooo!!!!! Dont do it man, trust me youre good as you are. Running a 5k one week out is a case of nothing to gain but everything to lose. Just easy low mileage at that stage dude, dont fall into the trap of needing to reassure yourself. The job is done.

tunguska wrote: »
    Nooooooooooo!!!!! Dont do it man, trust me youre good as you are. Running a 5k one week out is a case of nothing to gain but everything to lose. Just easy low mileage at that stage dude, dont fall into the trap of needing to reassure yourself. The job is done.

+1
    You're giving myself & others sound advice and not taking note yourself.
    Think about it. Would you advise anybody else who's running the DCM to race next weekend?
    To quote yourself from my log: "What are you hoping to achieve?"

I hear ye! I probably won't to be honest. I will keep the option open but will leave it until late in the week to decide. This week has gone very well so am in no need for any confidence boost.

Couldn't sleep last night and ended up reading some of your race reports. Great reads.

Hope you training is going well. Cannot wait for a beer after!

Cannot wait for a beer after!

I think that's the one thing we all have in common, regardless of how fast we run :D

• Registered Users Posts: 928 ✭✭✭TRR_the_turd

I think that's the one thing we all have in common, regardless of how fast we run :D

I'm not even running and I'm looking forward to a mighty session in McGrattans!

+1
    You're giving myself & others sound advice and not taking note yourself.
    Think about it. Would you advise anybody else who's running the DCM to race next weekend?
    To quote yourself from my log: "What are you hoping to achieve?"

Nicely turned :D. Very true though. Good advice. While there could be a benefit in racing a 5km 9 days out I wouldn't advise it to many.

Like most, I find giving advice a lot easier than following it!

The main thing now is to get to the finish line in one piece so I can enjoy many many beers. Over a month now without. Wayyyy to long!

I'm not even running and I'm looking forward to a mighty session in McGrattans!

Oh ye!

I'll be either drinking to celebrate or i'll be drinking to commiserate. It's going one way no matter what!

Oh are you running the intermediate XC next month in Tymon? It'll be my first ever XC race. Clonliffe vs. Tallaght?!

Saturday 11/10

7 Miles Easy @7.13p/m in 50:33

After averaging 13+ miles a day for the past few weeks it takes a bit of adjusting to 'only' run 7 miles. That's what marathon training does to you.

In other news! My longest ever run on empty. Where's my medal?

Sunday 12/10

20 Miles Long Run (Progression)
    -@6.35p/m in 2.11:31

http://connect.garmin.com/modern/activity/610874768

Feeling fresher than usual I headed out to Shankill to meet the tour-guide for the day (aka Krusty) and ecoli. The change of scenery was a welcome one. The weather Gods really pulled out all the stops today. Perfect. It's hard to get excited about running another 20 miles at an easy pace so the progressive nature of this run really helped focus the mind. In fairness the company helped a bit too :). It was a great feeling to open up slightly for the last few miles.

A big thanks to Krusty for the two water drop-offs. A huge help.

WEEK TOTAL: 83.5+ MILES

Taper me up baby! Where's the booze and chocolate? The real tapering begins today.

I don't feel battered or bruised heading into the last two weeks. It's an unusual feeling, having entered the previous two marathon tapers pretty exhausted and sore. I have put in some so decent training so now it's all about managing myself until the big day.

• Advertisement

It was extremely hard to avoid yesterdays events. Tuesday was the culmination of many months of obvious trolling. In my profession you can spot a bluffer from 50 yards so it was a bit disappointing to see so many reeled in.

I will keep this log updated until the marathon and after that I will see. I set up a new blog many months ago so I may choose to migrate over there later in the year. I am finding myself becoming more cynical about athletics/running. Put simply, I enjoy it too much to get like that.

I hold myself accountable. My results and training is there for everyone to see. When things go badly, when things go well it's all there. No bull. No blackslapping.

I write this log for mainly selfish reasons. I like to look back on my training and analyse. In saying that, I really enjoy the interaction with fellow runners and really appreciate good honest advice.

I am just an average runner trying to improve.

Anyway!

Back to running......

Monday 13/10

6 Miles Easy @7.16p/m in 43:40

Legs in great shape after the previous days long run. Hard not to go out again later in the day but it's taper after all.

Tuesday 14/10

8 Miles Easy @7.07 in 56:59
    -inc. 5x30 second strides @5k

Really wanted to head over to the club but once in the car it quickly became apparent that it would take over an hour to go the 7 or so miles. Nothing else to do but park up and run.

Wednesday 15/10

10 Miles @7.05p/m in 1.10:52

Hard to believe that the marathon is a mere 12 days away. No taper madness at the moment, just excitement. That will change for sure :). I really need to keep the easy pace down as it's has gotten a bit fast, particularly since the mileage dropped. I will include some faster stuff like marathon pace miles etc. later in the week.

Thursday 16/10

6 Miles Easy @7.12p/m in 43:12

Friday 17/10
    9 Miles

-W/U 1 Miles
    -3x(2 Miles@PMP with 90 seconds recovery)
    -W/D 2 Miles

Reps:
    1. 5.57, 5.54
    5.48, 6.01
    5.51, 6.04

Really not feeling the love for running this morning. The marathon really clouds the mind before, during and after every run during taper. It's inescapable and constantly there in the back of head. Running at marathon pace during the last few weeks is usually tough but luckily today it went well, despite the achy warm-up. Every rep was below my planned marathon pace. I quickly settled into a rhythm but once more, everything was that bit too fast. The wind was a real test today in Tymon Park so some of the splits show the head/tail wind :).

Today has further convinced me to run at a slightly slower pace for the first few miles (at least) come race day.

So, with the body and head in a decent place I am very excited about Monday week. During the previous taper in April the body became very stiff and at times I resembled an old man! Resting is important but so too is getting out and going for a gentle walk etc. to loosen the legs. Massage planned for Wednesday so that will really help.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,771 ✭✭✭jebuz

Looking good DR, based on your recent logs I think you've really come into form just at the right time and your attitude is very positive. Smart plan running the first few miles slightly slower than MP, I'm planning the very same. Just one more week to endure of wandering around taper oblivion :pac:

Yeah, all looking good at the right time DR.

p.s. What are yourself & jebuz intending doing after the race?
    Is it straight to the pub or home for a shower first?

Friday 17/10
    9 Miles

-W/U 1 Miles
    -3x(2 Miles@PMP with 90 seconds recovery)
    -W/D 2 Miles

Reps:
    1. 5.57, 5.54
    5.48, 6.01
    5.51, 6.04

The wind was a real test today in Tymon Park so some of the splits show the head/tail wind :).

Today has further convinced me to run at a slightly slower pace for the first few miles (at least) come race day. .

I saw you, you were about 200m up ahead of me, down by templeogue astro pitch. Was gonna try catch up to say hello but you disappeared around a corner and were gone......
    Wind was a ****er, although I was talking it handy today.
    Best of luck Monday week.

Here are the potential after race scenarios for me:

Result|Action
    <2:40 |Pub until I sleep
    >2:40 and < 2:45 |Pint or 2, hotel for shower, back to pub
    >2:45 |hotel, cry, shower, cry, man-up, pub
    >2:50 |tbc

Sorry for derailing your fine log DR :P

jebuz wrote: »
    Looking good DR, based on your recent logs I think you've really come into form just at the right time and your attitude is very positive. Smart plan running the first few miles slightly slower than MP, I'm planning the very same. Just one more week to endure of wandering around taper oblivion :pac:

Cheers. Pretty relaxed at the moment but that can all change. I think it helps that the marathon is on home soil.

There may be a pacer for one of the elite women in our club so the plan might be to go out around @6.10p/m with them. I think that's a decent approach on the Dublin course. The last 4 miles in particular are super quick so in theory to start conservatively and use the run as a progression or sorts my be the approach. Sounds good on paper anyway :).
    Yeah, all looking good at the right time DR.

p.s. What are yourself & jebuz intending doing after the race?
    Is it straight to the pub or home for a shower first?

Drink and eat like a horse! I may shower as I live very close but it depends I feel.

McGrattan's is the rumour :).
    I saw you, you were about 200m up ahead of me, down by templeogue astro pitch. Was gonna try catch up to say hello but you disappeared around a corner and were gone......
    Wind was a ****er, although I was talking it handy today.
    Best of luck Monday week.

Thanks man.

Yeah, the wind. A right pain! Really like the park though. Works very well for a lot of sessions.

Best of luck. Might catch up with for a drink after.
    Here are the potential after race scenarios for me:

Result|Action
    <2:40 |Pub until I sleep
    >2:40 and < 2:45 |Pint or 2, hotel for shower, back to pub
    >2:45 |hotel, cry, shower, cry, man-up, pub
    >2:50 |tbc
    Sorry for derailing your fine log DR tongue.png

Derail away. Better than the sh1te I throw up!

Now that's a plan! Love it. Winner buys the LOSER a pint?!

I might as well get your order now.....i'm definitely gonna lose!

Derail away. Better than the sh1te I throw up!

Now that's a plan! Love it. Winner buys the LOSER a pint?!

I might as well get your order now.....i'm definitely gonna lose!

Wouldn't be so sure about that at all. Based on the way you've trained recently, i.e that quality last long run, the kilo/moone races, I think it'll be very close. That said, stick me down for a smithwicks, shame you don't to proper ales up there :pac:

Saturday 18/10

8 Miles Easy @7.12p/m in 57:37

A nice easy trot around Tymon Park with 'Exile No.1'.

Sunday 19/10

Long Run
    -13.20 Miles @7.02p/m in 1.32:45

The last decent length run before the marathon with 'Exile No.2'. The wind was challenging this morning but the miles ticked by nicely. He looks to be in great shape. Frankfurt won't know what hit it come Sunday.

Surprisingly tired but nothing to worry about.

WEEK TOTAL: 60.2 MILES

It felt like a well judged week but only time will tell I guess. Everything is all set for the 27th. Still feeling nice and relaxed. This time last year I was a bag of nerves with the target and pressure of a sub-three hour marathon weighing heavy. In many ways this years marathon has less pressure on it. After all, who will really notice if I run 2.xx or 2.xx? Well, I will and that's all I really care about :). Once again it's all about doing myself justice on the day. Every race is a stepping stone to faster times. That's the idea anyway!

A bit of time on my hands so I have updated my training table. Who says training tables have to be boring?!!

Month|Days Run|Miles Run|Daily Average|2014
    January|31/31|347.80|11.20|347.80
    February|28/28|309.20|11.04|657.00
    March|31/31|389.29|12.55|1046.29
    April|26/30|166.34|5.44|1212.63
    May|29/31|215.07|6.93|1427.70
    June|27/30|264.35|8.81|1692.05
    July|31/31|346.03|11.16|2038.08
    August|31/31|377.89|12.19|2415.97
    September|30/30|364.08|12.13|2780.05

April: Marathon and Recovery
    May: Rushed back into training and paid the price
    June: A few days holiday/stag in Budapest

*Note to self: Use Strava properly in 2015! It would make a life much easier. Also, get rid of that decimal point business :pac:.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,821 ✭✭✭blockic

Also, get rid of that decimal point business :pac:.

Fact! :D

Monday 20/10

6.50 Miles Easy @7.17pm in 47:21

Tuesday 21/10

6 Miles Easy @6.52p/m in 41:13
    -inc. 5x30 second strides @5k effort

Wednesday 22/10

AM

5.50 Miles Easy @7.17p/m in 40:05

PM

Pre-race massage from 'Exile No.1' (aka Ecoli :)). He did a great job as usual. He also makes a strong cup of coffee....the complete package.

Thursday 23/10

4 Miles Easy
    -inc. 2 Miles @PMP (6.04, 5.57)

This type of run should never be pretty. With just a few runs to the off any marathon paced miles just feels awkward. The obvious reason is that mentally you know that you have to run over 26 miles at a decent clip in a matter of days.

This will not be my marathon pace setting out on Monday. Hopefully running a shade slower will help ease myself into the race. After that? All bets are off.

As I type I currently have no phantom niggles or illnesses to mention. I do have a small cold though (definitely not phantom). It has yet to progress to an all out cold as I usually fight off any bugs quite well but the sniffles are there. Nothing bad but noticeable. I just have to be that bit more careful and look after myself.

So with no nerves or expectations I am really looking forward to the marathon. I can't wait to be on the start-line and to finally get going. I usually have a slight wobble during the first 5 miles of each and every marathon. Thoughts like, 'why are you doing this to yourself again....', enter the consciousness. From experience, those thoughts quickly pass.

Dublin is a special race. Cannot wait.

If I feel a cold coming on it's fresh lemon juice, ginger (powder will do) and honey in a cup of boiling water. Not claiming it's a magic cure but it seems to always help fight them off pretty quickly. Failing that you could try wrap yourself in cotton wool :pac:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,900 ✭✭✭KielyUnusual

If I feel a cold coming on it's fresh lemon juice, ginger (powder will do) and honey in a cup of boiling water. Not claiming it's a magic cure but it seems to always help fight them off pretty quickly. Failing that you could try wrap yourself in cotton wool :pac:

Needs a bit of whiskey. ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 928 ✭✭✭TRR_the_turd

Good luck. I hope to be at a few points on the course so will see you Monday morning and then for a few pints in mcgrattans in the afternoon.

Horsing the stuff into me. I don't do sick so it's a right pain. Haven't been sick in years. I should be fine though. I keep on reminding myself that the race is still 3 days away! Loads of time. Not feeling great today though.

Hope the last minute preparation is going well. Looking forward to the gun going off now! The week has started to really drag.
    Needs a bit of whiskey. wink.png

The cure.

That's what usually does the trick. I'll wait to Monday (after the race!) to get stuck into my bottle of Jameson!
    Good luck. I hope to be at a few points on the course so will see you Monday morning and then for a few pints in mcgrattans in the afternoon.

Thanks the_turd :).

Here's hoping for good races in both Frankfurt and Dublin. Cannot wait for a few beers!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,629 ✭✭✭ThebitterLemon

All the best DR, you've done all the hard work with some super sessions in the bank. Hope you smash it!

TbL

Ps if you can handle munching a clove of garlic I find that great for colds/sore throats

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,236 ✭✭✭AuldManKing

Best of luck DR - see you in Mcgrattans.

All the best DR, you've done all the hard work with some super sessions in the bank. Hope you smash it!

TbL

Ps if you can handle munching a clove of garlic I find that great for colds/sore throats

Thanks C.

Well done on the PB. Plenty more to come. You are going to knock out some more great times.

Garlic? Sounds good (does that include a garlic and cheese chips from the chipper? :pac:). I will definitely give that a go. The cold is no worse today so I should be ok come Monday.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,984 ✭✭✭Duanington

Best of luck DR - another great log shared with the online community! Hope it all works out on the day

I'll see you on Monday man. Best of luck

• Advertisement

Best of luck Monday, hope it goes to plan for you.

Thanks lads. I will need every bit of good luck on my side come Monday! Already looking forward to the post-race drinks. Have a great one Eoin. Sounds like you are in good shape.

Friday 24/10

4 Miles Very Easy (treadmill)

The head cold ain't no better but ain't no worse. I will take that. Although annoying it is proving quite the welcome distraction. I have yet to worry about the possible impact it may have on Monday's performance. I am confident it will have mainly cleared by then and in a strange twist it actually has me feeling quite relaxed. The cold probably stops the usual pre-race focus on the legs. Speaking of the legs, they both feel unusually good.

I'll write up something on Sunday.

Best of luck to everyone running over the long weekend. Please remember one thing though. It's not the taking part that counts, it's the drinking after :pac:. Mine's a hot whiskey, sambucca and a pint of Guinness. All in a bucket.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,184 ✭✭✭Gavlor

Best of luck.... You've come on leaps and bounds over the last while, make the most of it

Good luck on Monday.
    No complaining in the pub afterwards :pac:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,821 ✭✭✭blockic

Best of luck A. Hope ya nail it this time. I still must state that athlone last year was the biggest sandbagging of all time. That boards team loss still hurts me deep! ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,584 ✭✭✭skeleton_boy

All the best dublin runner. Some impressive work done, I hope to see you rewarded.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,370 ✭✭✭pconn062

Good luck tomorrow DR, it's pay-off time now!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,236 ✭✭✭AuldManKing

Run well Anto, you're the great white hope for us for tomorrow,
    Don't mind those lads in Frankfurt..............

Thanks to all for the great support and encouragement. It really makes the difference. This morning was brilliant. Seeing so many great performances in Frankfurt was a joy to watch.

Sunday 26/10

1.5 Miles Easy
    -inc. 1x30 second stride @5km effort

So with the race a little over 18 hours away, I am as much in the dark about what will happen tomorrow as anyone. While feeling a lot better, I am still horsing the old combination of rest and Lemsip into me. I have a vague enough target but I know once that gun goes off, things will change and you must adapt. The wind looks like it could be challenging tomorrow.

I feel in a good place. Looking forward to seeing everyone tomorrow and hearing about all the great results.

WEEK TOTAL: 30 MILES

Oh boy.

What a tough day for 2.52. Felt sick at mile 8 and came close to dropping out. I finished the race because of the great on course support, the people who supported me and the great friends I have.

I'm not disappointed. I'm proud I stuck at it and saw it through.

The hard days will make the good days even sweeter.

• Advertisement
Advertisement