Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Cork County Council - housing offers

Options
  • 08-11-2013 4:57pm
    Registered Users Posts: 10

Hi, anyone know what the county council do when offering you a house, do the send a letter/phone call?? Has anyone got offered a house from them recently?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 78,415 ✭✭✭✭Victor

I can only imagine it would be in writing.

• Registered Users Posts: 10 Two_me

Victor wrote: »
    I can only imagine it would be in writing.

Would the house be done up before or after the offer is made???

• Registered Users Posts: 40,291 ✭✭✭✭Gatling

Two_me wrote: »

Probably not depends on if the previous tenants left the place in decent condition or not,

How long are you on the housing list

With some councils, sometimes the property isn't in walk-in condition. If major work is needed, I imagine the council would have the work done or at least nearly complete before letting the property.

With some councils, sometimes the property isn't in walk-in condition. If major work is needed, I imagine the council would have the work done or at least nearly complete before letting the property.

Waiting years at this point and really hoping to get an offer soon :(

• Advertisement

Waiting years at this point and really hoping to get an offer soon :(

Depending on your situation you could be looking at a minimum 8-10 years ,
    If your single it could be longer ,its all down to available stock and needs

Gatling wrote: »
    Depending on your situation you could be looking at a minimum 8-10 years ,
    If your single it could be longer ,its all down to available stock and needs

8-10 years sounds awful, single mom yes

• Registered Users Posts: 3 Morena25

Hi, anyone know what the county council do when offering you a house, do the send a letter/phone call?? Has anyone got offered a house from them recently?
    Hi, I got an offer for a council house last Friday, they sent me a registred letter with a sample of a contract and a list of documents needed.

• Registered Users Posts: 3 Elighsmom

I was offered a council house a month or two ago, they wrote to me but i had moved and the letter went to my old house, so they rang and re-sent the letter to my new house, they asked for details from me and for me & my partner to attend training, since then we have completed training and are moving into our new house soon!

Elighsmom wrote: »
    I was offered a council house a month or two ago, they wrote to me but i had moved and the letter went to my old house, so they rang and re-sent the letter to my new house, they asked for details from me and for me & my partner to attend training, since then we have completed training and are moving into our new house soon!

Training course for what exactly ,

• Advertisement

Gatling wrote: »
    Training course for what exactly ,
    Rights and responsibilities mostly. Moving from a situation where a private landlord is mostly responsible for the property to the council tenant mostly responsible is a big change.

Rights and responsibilities mostly. Moving from a situation where a private landlord is mostly responsible for the property to the council tenant mostly responsible is a big change.

Thanks Victor ,

First I've heard of it ,good idea actually

Morena25 wrote: »
    Hi, I got an offer for a council house last Friday, they sent me a registred letter with a sample of a contract and a list of documents needed.

Thank you for ur reply! Wish u well with your new house :)

Thank you! Wish u luck with your new home, hopefully I will get this opportunity soon :(

Thank you for ur reply! Wish u well with your new house :)

Were u waiting long for this offer?

• Registered Users Posts: 3 Elighsmom

Yeah we went for our training last week and the went over the Tenancy agreement along with our responsibilities and the rules! We also had to pay 100 euro in shares in the company!

• Registered Users Posts: 3 Morena25

Yeah we went for our training last week and the went over the Tenancy agreement along with our responsibilities and the rules! We also had to pay 100 euro in shares in the company!
    Could You please tell me what is the name of this scheme? I have heared about it but my County Council said they have no idea what this scheme is (even though 2 people to my knowledge got the house this way)

How long were u on the waiting list? I never heard of any of this!!!

Advertisement