Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

200 Jobs gone in the last month

Options
  • 08-11-2013 5:02pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 2,427 ✭✭✭

With the announcement that Essentra Packaging http://businessetc.thejournal.ie/waterford-jobs-1165919-Nov2013/ could be closing this month with the lose of 50 jobs that brings to nearly 200 jobs gone from Waterford within the last month Bausch & lomb with 73, and Honeywell with 74 all of these seem to be gone unoticed sad to see around this time of the year..

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,742 ✭✭✭Wanderer2010

Its not unnoticed, the Baush and Lombe and Honeywell job losses have been reported on, I agree its sad but it seems to be happening all over the country now. Hopefully with the forthcoming Nypro factory starting up in 2014 it will go a ways towards reversing the job losses..

• Registered Users Posts: 3,382 ✭✭✭jimmyw

Where is Richard Bruton and his poxy jobs plan for Waterford......or anywhere for that matter.

• Registered Users Posts: 119 ✭✭Sikie

http://www.tevapharm.com/Media/News/Pages/2013/1863299.aspx?category=Corporate

With corporate news like this in Teva Worldwide I would be concerned if there wasn't bad news in the pipeline at Teva locally and with a knock on into Nypro

• Registered Users Posts: 2,055 ✭✭✭spankmemunkey

I dont thinnk theres much future for production jobs in Waterford and Ireland in General, if you look at India they are making medical devices for the franction of the price at the side of the road in some instances, reference BBC panorama for that one. The only saving grace is if they want us to buy their cars and washing machines they have to keep us in work to be able to afford them cos the indians basic wage wouldnt make them prime customers.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,565 ✭✭✭losthorizon

I thought Nypro were taking on people at the moment?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 287 ✭✭er1983

Teva Waterford not going to be affected much by this my brother works there and had the meeting so nothing to worry about there

• Registered Users Posts: 3,510 ✭✭✭Max Powers

jimmyw wrote: »
    Where is Richard Bruton and his poxy jobs plan for Waterford......or anywhere for that matter.

the plan has been a joke and FGs commitment to Waterford and SE has been a joke too. A name change on the way for WIT will not suffice. Daft report this morning shows how we are lagging again due to jobs (lack of). Unbelievably, people will be looking to vote FF in next election. I dont wanna do it but what choice do i have, cant vote for this crowd who are doing nothing for us, hanging on coat-tails of eishtec, no real action, no real commitment, plenty of words, truly pathetic.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,326 ✭✭✭Jason Todd

• Registered Users Posts: 162 ✭✭martin12

has it closed down ?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 38 FestyOSemtex

Joe Mallon Meats Ltd. based in the Atrium, Canada Street gone into liquidation.

http://www.solocheck.ie/Irish-Company/Joe-Mallon-Meats-Limited-375214

Receivers have been appointed to Latzur Ltd, trading as A-Wear. An Interim Examiner was appointed to the company in early October 2013. Previously the business was bought from receivership in 2012 but the new owners have "taken things as far as we can go" after reducing loses from €5m down to €2.5m.

http://www.solocheck.ie/Irish-Company/Latzur-Limited-509316#

http://www.irishexaminer.com/business/examiner-appointed-to-retailer-a-wear-245666.html

Lets hope the jobs in Waterford can be saved.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,427 ✭✭✭mooseknunkle

Just heard that A-wear in Waterford is to close as well

from whom? nothing about shops being named as far as i can see in papers or on line. is this more heard from heard from stuff spreading bad news that may well occur but we dont know yet. In the papers it says that it has gone in recievership which is not a good sign and they say that some shops may close but i didnt see Waterford or anywhere mentioned.

I wish people would stop this speculation. Similar one about becketts and people losing jobs. It was open when i passed last night so more speculation, misery spreading and stressing out employees, creditors and management unnecessarily.

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Regional South East Moderators Posts: 24,056 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sully

Ah now there is enough misleading remarks in here. A-Wear isn't closing in Waterford, or anywhere, at this time.

• Registered Users Posts: 161 ✭✭b0ardsUser

Sully wrote: »
    Ah now there is enough misleading remarks in here. A-Wear isn't closing in Waterford, or anywhere, at this time.

According to A-Wear workers on Facebook they are.

• Registered Users Posts: 986 ✭✭✭Jambo

Sully wrote: »

According to the news the store has temporally closed.
    Link

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Regional South East Moderators Posts: 24,056 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sully

Sorry folks, I was reading an article that never mentioned immediate closures! My bad.

At least, we hope, its temporary.

Max Powers wrote: »
    from whom? nothing about shops being named as far as i can see in papers or on line. is this more heard from heard from stuff spreading bad news that may well occur but we dont know yet. In the papers it says that it has gone in recievership which is not a good sign and they say that some shops may close but i didnt see Waterford or anywhere mentioned.

I wish people would stop this speculation. Similar one about becketts and people losing jobs. It was open when i passed last night so more speculation, misery spreading and stressing out employees, creditors and management unnecessarily.

Its not speculation I know a girl working in there and they are closing today!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 162 ✭✭martin12

http://www.awear.com/ie/en-IE

• Registered Users Posts: 3,588 ✭✭✭STIG83

Hasbro looking for 10 people to take redundancy also, had a meeting there last Tuesday.

• Registered Users Posts: 263 ✭✭Mooley22

Masons closed down again today.Banks came in and shut it down.Staff only found out an hour or so ago.

it is speculation, we dont know if it is to close. It may be closed for a short bit while its decided if it reopens but by saying 'it is to close' you infer it is to stop trading completely. So again, inaccuracies like that dont help anyone and are harmful.

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Regional South East Moderators Posts: 28,488 Mod ✭✭✭✭Cabaal

Guys I don't want to see speculation on a business going into receivership, if people are going to post such things then please backup such posts with a link to a credible source

Fitzwilton Hotel, Bridge Street gone into receivership. Worrying times for staff there with jobs hanging in the balance.

http://www.insolvencyjournal.ie/ij_news_more_details/appointment-of-receiver-fitzwilton-hotel-waterford-limited

• Registered Users Posts: 3,443 ✭✭✭kuang1

Anyone know, or have a link to what the current rate of unemployment is in the city?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 275 ✭✭ex_infantry

9 jobs to go by october 2014 in kerry foods waterford depot and closure of other depots throughout the country

• Registered Users Posts: 2,055 ✭✭✭spankmemunkey

There's a worrying trend in the pharmaceutical sector where 150 jobs have gone in Kildare recently in Pfizer, Its no longer logical to pay Irish people anything from 20-35000 in production in a pharmaceutical plant when it can be done in India for 2,500-5000. Share holders see this and I think most production jobs in Ireland will move eventually to cheaper countries. I think our new sectors will be in computers, Google facebook and the like, that wont keep the country going, maybe Farming will go back to 50% of GDP

• Advertisement

Sad to see Honeywell measurex will be closing down with a lose of 27 jobs i worked there at one stage many years ago and im sure all those 27 people have by now 30+ years service

http://www.rte.ie/news/2014/0211/503680-honeywell-process-solutions/

Advertisement