Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

eFibre Order Debacle

Options
  • 08-11-2013 5:36pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,679 ✭✭✭

I am an existing eircom customer (moved from Vodafone about 4 months ago)

Wednesday 9th October
    Rang sales to upgrade to eFibre. Sales rep gave me the option of a visit from installation engineer on either morning or afternoon of Wed 16th. I chose the morning.

Wednesday 16th October
    Took morning off work to stay at home to wait for installation engineer who was booked to call between 9am and 1pm. When there was no sign of anyone arriving at 12 I contacted customer support (via online chat facility). They assured me that engineer was indeed booked and on his way and would definitely be there before 1. 

At 1:30 there was still no sign of anyone from eircom - I was due in work at 2 so I contacted the online chat support again. I got talking to a different guy this time. He had no clue what I was talking about, said there was an order for eFibre on the account, but no booking for an engineer. I told him that his colleague an hour earlier had confirmed that an engineer was booked. He said that he must've been looking at a different account (WTF?!).

He apologised - said there was nothing he could do and told me to contact 01 701 5609 to organsise a rescheduled visit.

I rang that number - it went straight to hold music, I held for five minutes and then the line went dead. great.
    The only other number I could try then was 1800 503 703 (eFibre sales).

I eventually got through to somebody. I had to explain the whole situation from start to finish. It was like it was the first time I had ever spoken to eircom, they had no idea how an engineer had been booked - there was no trace of a booking on my a/c, and wanted to start the process again. In fairness to the girl on the phone she was trying to sort it out. She put me on hold as she said she needed to speak to her supervisor about something......

I was on hold for about 10 minutes......

Eventually somebody else picked up the phone, she had no idea who I was or why I was ringing. She had no idea that I was on hold for somebody else. I didn't know whether to laugh or cry. 
    It was 2:30 now and I was due back in work. I had to confirm my bloody a/c number, address, etc again. I had to explain the whole blasted situation yet again.
    This was the fourth eircom person I had spoken to. Each time it was like starting from scratch, they didn't seem to be aware of what other contact I had about this issue. She apologised and promised me that another booking for installation would be made. She assured me that somebody from the eFibre team would be in touch from the "escalation team" to confirm installation dates in 3-5 days.

Heard nothing from eircom....

Friday 25th October
    Contact support via the chat service, nothing they could really do except tell me to ring eircom as they couldn't see any appointments for my order.

I rang 01 7015609 and explained the situation again. Got a bit pee'd off having to give email address and mobile number AGAIN. They guy I was on to said it was because "the aul system does be a bit slow sometimes" so it's easier for me to call it out than it is for him to find it on the "system" (which I'm beginning to think is the back of fag packet). I'm being referred to the "escalation team" (again) and somebody will be in touch - not sure when, he couldn't confirm anything for me. Said it was because there was a bit of a backlog with eFibre ordering, bank holiday weekend was coming, etc.
    "Probably next week sometime" 

I randomly got a phone call from Eircom sales at 7pm that evening - sales guy wanted to know if I was interested in geting eVision as I was an eFibre customer. Hilarious. I explained the whole situation to him to see if he could help - he seemed genuine in trying to figure out where it all went wrong. He admitted that the rollout of eFibre in Newbridge was a complete disaster with installations being cancelled for no reason - and that my situation was not unusual. I told him I'd sign up to eVision if he got eFibre sorted for me! He told me he would "escalate" me and somebody would be in touch early next week. If I get escalated any higher I'll get vertigo.

Wednesday 30th October
    I received a letter from Eircom welcoming me to eFibre. The letter was dated the 10th October. They said they were delighted to let me know that an engineer had been booked for installation. No date was mentioned on the letter!

Friday 1st November
    Contacted eircom via webchat. Was told that the eFibre "system" was down and they had no way of finding out the status of my order. So another week has passed and zero has happened.

Tuesday 4th November
    Rang 01 7015609, email sent to supervisor to escalate yet again!
    Promised something will happen within 48 hours. Was told that the 48 hours doesn't mean 2 days, it refers to working hours so it could be 5 or 6 days before anything happens.

Friday 8th November
    I made a comment on someone else's post about my bad experience so far. Mark kindly PM'd me and confirmed my eFibre order number and asked me to contact 1800 661 622 to talk to the eFibre team. Mark asked me to let him know how I got on. Sweet jehovah, it was hilarious:

<> Phone was answered straightaway, and I confirmed all my details and explained the situation. The person I spoke to said that there was a note on my account and that they were going to transfer me to customer care who would sort me out. Progress at last, or so I thought.

<> The person I got through to seemed a bit startled, like they weren't expecting a call to be transferred. I asked if I was through to "customer care". He got a little bit arsey and said "customer care - no such thing - you are through to customer services!". WTF????
    I explained the situation again and he was a bit puzzled, I should not have been put through to him. He said he only deals with broadband issues!?
    He tested my line to make sure I could get eFibre (no idea why he did this, made him feel better I suppose). While I was waiting he told me how frustrating his order for eVision was. Told me he was trying to get it in for a month and was having no joy!! Hilarious banter.
    He told me he was going to put me back to the eFibre team and that they had to deal with me, and that if they tried to transfer me to customer services again I wasn't to let them as they were lying as only they could deal with me.

<> Back to eFibre, got talking to a helpful girl. Had to explain everything AGAIN. She was puzzled that nobody had contacted me. She told me I would be escalated (where did I hear that before!?) to a manager. She put me on hold for 15 minutes while she checked a few things. My line was tested again (was the previous test done a few minutes ago not visible to her??). She told me the good news was that eFibre up to 70mb should be available when this all gets sorted.
    I did lose the head with her at this stage - which wasn't fair on her, but I've kept calm so far. She said she had the same supervisor as the guy I spoke to last Tuesday and that person wasn't in/wasn't available. She said she'd escalate me to a manager and that something would happen, at the latest, on Monday.
    I asked if she could at least contact me in some way to let me know what is going on next week in case nobody contacted me. She said that she couldn't send outbound emails to customers (WTF?). She did say she would try to make contact with me next week to give me some sort of update. (on my mobile maybe?)

As I said to Mark in an email, this is only eFibre, it's not life or death so I know it will get sorted eventually. The last girl I spoke to today was nice and was trying to help, but I know there is nothing she can do to help me. I know I'll never speak to her again and I'll have to explain this whole thing again to someone else next week.

Eircom are absolutely infuriating to deal with. 

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 119 ✭✭Malarkey121

Ordered it online as want to switch from current provider to Eircom and eventually I am interested in the new tv service.

I got a message saying expect a reply in a couple of days I haven't heard from them since (17th October) but not too worried as I still have my internet working away at home.
    My thinking is I will cancel with the previous provider once I have the new one set up.

I am not too bothered about it but I do think its unprofessional not to have at least sent a message as advise on a delay or anything just to let me know what is occurring.

If I don't hear from them next week I wil most likely look at Sky or UPC bundles

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,441 ✭✭✭eircom: Mark

scargill wrote: »

Wednesday 9th October
    Rang sales to upgrade to eFibre. Sales rep gave me the option of a visit from installation engineer on either morning or afternoon of Wed 16th. I chose the morning.

Wednesday 16th October
    Took morning off work to stay at home to wait for installation engineer who was booked to call between 9am and 1pm. When there was no sign of anyone arriving at 12 I contacted customer support (via online chat facility). They assured me that engineer was indeed booked and on his way and would definitely be there before 1. 

At 1:30 there was still no sign of anyone from eircom - I was due in work at 2 so I contacted the online chat support again. I got talking to a different guy this time. He had no clue what I was talking about, said there was an order for eFibre on the account, but no booking for an engineer. I told him that his colleague an hour earlier had confirmed that an engineer was booked. He said that he must've been looking at a different account (WTF?!).

He apologised - said there was nothing he could do and told me to contact 01 701 5609 to organsise a rescheduled visit.

I rang that number - it went straight to hold music, I held for five minutes and then the line went dead. great.

I eventually got through to somebody. I had to explain the whole situation from start to finish. It was like it was the first time I had ever spoken to eircom, they had no idea how an engineer had been booked - there was no trace of a booking on my a/c, and wanted to start the process again. In fairness to the girl on the phone she was trying to sort it out. She put me on hold as she said she needed to speak to her supervisor about something......

Eventually somebody else picked up the phone, she had no idea who I was or why I was ringing. She had no idea that I was on hold for somebody else. I didn't know whether to laugh or cry. 
    It was 2:30 now and I was due back in work. I had to confirm my bloody a/c number, address, etc again. I had to explain the whole blasted situation yet again.
    This was the fourth eircom person I had spoken to. Each time it was like starting from scratch, they didn't seem to be aware of what other contact I had about this issue. She apologised and promised me that another booking for installation would be made. She assured me that somebody from the eFibre team would be in touch from the "escalation team" to confirm installation dates in 3-5 days.

Friday 25th October
    Contact support via the chat service, nothing they could really do except tell me to ring eircom as they couldn't see any appointments for my order.

I rang 01 7015609 and explained the situation again. Got a bit pee'd off having to give email address and mobile number AGAIN. They guy I was on to said it was because "the aul system does be a bit slow sometimes" so it's easier for me to call it out than it is for him to find it on the "system" (which I'm beginning to think is the back of fag packet). I'm being referred to the "escalation team" (again) and somebody will be in touch - not sure when, he couldn't confirm anything for me. Said it was because there was a bit of a backlog with eFibre ordering, bank holiday weekend was coming, etc.

I randomly got a phone call from Eircom sales at 7pm that evening - sales guy wanted to know if I was interested in geting eVision as I was an eFibre customer. Hilarious. I explained the whole situation to him to see if he could help - he seemed genuine in trying to figure out where it all went wrong. He admitted that the rollout of eFibre in Newbridge was a complete disaster with installations being cancelled for no reason - and that my situation was not unusual. I told him I'd sign up to eVision if he got eFibre sorted for me! He told me he would "escalate" me and somebody would be in touch early next week. If I get escalated any higher I'll get vertigo.

Wednesday 30th October
    I received a letter from Eircom welcoming me to eFibre. The letter was dated the 10th October. They said they were delighted to let me know that an engineer had been booked for installation. No date was mentioned on the letter!

Friday 1st November
    Contacted eircom via webchat. Was told that the eFibre "system" was down and they had no way of finding out the status of my order. So another week has passed and zero has happened.

Tuesday 4th November
    Promised something will happen within 48 hours. Was told that the 48 hours doesn't mean 2 days, it refers to working hours so it could be 5 or 6 days before anything happens.

Friday 8th November
    I made a comment on someone else's post about my bad experience so far. Mark kindly PM'd me and confirmed my eFibre order number and asked me to contact 1800 661 622 to talk to the eFibre team. Mark asked me to let him know how I got on. Sweet jehovah, it was hilarious:

<> Phone was answered straightaway, and I confirmed all my details and explained the situation. The person I spoke to said that there was a note on my account and that they were going to transfer me to customer care who would sort me out. Progress at last, or so I thought.

<> The person I got through to seemed a bit startled, like they weren't expecting a call to be transferred. I asked if I was through to "customer care". He got a little bit arsey and said "customer care - no such thing - you are through to customer services!". WTF????
    I explained the situation again and he was a bit puzzled, I should not have been put through to him. He said he only deals with broadband issues!?
    He tested my line to make sure I could get eFibre (no idea why he did this, made him feel better I suppose). While I was waiting he told me how frustrating his order for eVision was. Told me he was trying to get it in for a month and was having no joy!! Hilarious banter.
    He told me he was going to put me back to the eFibre team and that they had to deal with me, and that if they tried to transfer me to customer services again I wasn't to let them as they were lying as only they could deal with me.

<> Back to eFibre, got talking to a helpful girl. Had to explain everything AGAIN. She was puzzled that nobody had contacted me. She told me I would be escalated (where did I hear that before!?) to a manager. She put me on hold for 15 minutes while she checked a few things. My line was tested again (was the previous test done a few minutes ago not visible to her??). She told me the good news was that eFibre up to 70mb should be available when this all gets sorted.
    I did lose the head with her at this stage - which wasn't fair on her, but I've kept calm so far. She said she had the same supervisor as the guy I spoke to last Tuesday and that person wasn't in/wasn't available. She said she'd escalate me to a manager and that something would happen, at the latest, on Monday.
    I asked if she could at least contact me in some way to let me know what is going on next week in case nobody contacted me. She said that she couldn't send outbound emails to customers (WTF?). She did say she would try to make contact with me next week to give me some sort of update. (on my mobile maybe?)

As I said to Mark in an email, this is only eFibre, it's not life or death so I know it will get sorted eventually. The last girl I spoke to today was nice and was trying to help, but I know there is nothing she can do to help me. I know I'll never speak to her again and I'll have to explain this whole thing again to someone else next week.

Hi scargill

As per our PMs, have sent your details to a manager in efibre escalations to look into and get back to you. It may be Monday before they get back to me or call you.

Thanks, Mark

• Registered Users Posts: 1,679 ✭✭✭scargill

Monday and Tuesday have come and gone and no contact from Eircom. :mad:

The girl on the eFibre team promised it would be Monday at the latest that manager would be in touch.

Mark also confirmed above that Monday would be the latest I'd hear from a manager.

A simple email would be nice - even if it was to say "Dear customer, working on your issue - we'll get back to you soon". At least I wouldn't continue to be left in the dark.

Still no contact....

• Registered Users Posts: 4,604 ✭✭✭dave1982

Went through same thing with eircom, Ordered efibre off another provider magnet assured me they would install in 10 working days which was the 30th of Oct at 1 pm, 30th of Oct came and so did the installer.No problem whatsoever  

• Advertisement

Day 37...

Well another day has passed and despite a couple of PM's to Mark I have still heard nothing.

I contacted the chat service - which I used to at least get some feedback from. As soon as they heard I was asking about an eFibre order they said they couldn't do anything for me. Said eFibre was a non-standard account and only eFibre team could deal with me.

When you open up the chat window you get an option to specify the type of query....one of them is "eFibre order". :confused:

I rang eFibre and got talking to some guy, the first honest guy I've spoken to in Eircom!

this is the rough conversation

me: I ordered eFibre on 7th October, when can I expect installation?
    eircom: ok, I'll put get you escalated and somebody will get back to you.
    me: I've been escalated unpteem times and nothing happens.
    eircom: yes, I can see that you were first escalated on 16th October. <lots of sighing>
    If you know you have been escalated why do you keep ringing?
    me: <flabbergasted> ....eh....because I keep being promised that somebody will contact me in "48 hours" on nobody does !!!
    eircom: well, you have to realise there is a major backlog with eFibre orders and you'll just have to wait for somebody to contact you.
    me: that's the first time that somebody has admitted that! I'm usually told that there is no problem with eFibre installation and that I must've fallen through the cracks or something. The agents are usually puzzled that it has taken so long for me. So when can I expect a call - and don't say 48 hours?
    eircom: we don't know - there is a backlog, you just have to wait.
    me: what? forever?! you need to give me some sort of indication.
    eircom: ok - next week.
    me: so if I don't hear anything by middle of next week I can call again?
    eircom: wait until late next week.
    me: grand - so a few more weeks.
    eircom: <I could tell he was getting peed of at this stage, but my blood was boiling!>. Listen, you should have it in a few more weeks.

I was a bit taken aback by the honesty of the conversation - first time I haven't been fobbed off. It is still really CRAP service, but at least I know where I stand now!

Eircom should really let people know about the backlog - it would save a lot of grief. 

• Registered Users Posts: 4,604 ✭✭✭dave1982

Cancel the order and switch maybe they might speed thing up then, backlog is no excuse other providers are installing on time and I think its installers contracted to eircom that do the install

• Registered Users Posts: 292 ✭✭ainiseoir

Wednesday 9th October

Wednesday 16th October

Friday 25th October

Wednesday 30th October

Friday 1st November

Tuesday 4th November

Friday 8th November

You've been reading my mail.
    My beef is trying to get eVision, but otherwise same scenario.
    This lot with efibre/evision seem to be a race apart totally immune from the sort of influence that forum moderators had before we went fibre optic.
    As far as I can see, "escalation" means that your application is put at the bottom of the file if not in the bin because you've disturbed them
    Keep the faith,

• Registered Users Posts: 827 ✭✭✭disco1

I had the exact carbon copy with eircom when I was getting my e fiber.... Lasted 5 weeks I took 2 days off work.... Both days nobody turned up.... No records.... Getting passed back and forward.... Escalations.... Staff even said.. Dont ask for a manager you wont get one....
    I was close to going into their offices in person...

I hope someone for eircom reads these posts

I was Like a Lunatic....

• Registered Users Posts: 321 ✭✭RO 06

disco1 wrote: »
    I had the exact carbon copy with eircom when I was getting my e fiber....  Lasted 5 weeks I took 2 days off work.... Both days nobody turned up....  No records.... Getting passed back and forward.... Escalations....  Staff even said.. Dont ask for a manager you wont get one....
    I was close to going into their offices in person...

I hope someone for eircom reads these posts

I was Like a Lunatic....
    Been asking for a manager in e mobile all week.They mustnt have any. Their customer care is a joke.Been with them 2 years and they are asking questions as if I am a new customer.Mustnt be able to read the screen in front of them.

• Advertisement

There is always a supervisor or floor head in every call centre customer care team - the customer care agent your speaking too is advised not to pass on the call or to take a log and enter a note on your system account.
    Escalation is just that - you message will be flagged / forwarded to the supervisor who probably is inundated with customer issues and escalations.

They are obviously very busy, probably understaffed as is the case with most call centres and the upsurge in new orders has probably taken them by surprise and are now in backlog situation.

I don't think typing out word for word what an agent has discussed with you on a public forum on the internet is the best way here, the agent can only do a number of things to help you on the call, its not the person on the phones fault and they are probably annoyed also they are paid to sit take calls and try solve customer queries or escalate any issues that's it.
    There is no point getting annoyed with an agent - posting up the call history on here it may get them into trouble in their job for trying to be honest and nice to you.

I don't work for Eircom or any affiliated companies I just am aware of how customer care teams operate across the board.
    PS: I am still waiting to hear from them.

Will be calling sky today to see what they can offer me

I do agree with you to a point, and I do feel guilty about getting annoyed with individual call centre staff. But unfortunately they are the only people Eircom let you speak to. I waited a month from the initial contact before I typed up the details of my debacle, when the normal route wasn't working I hoped a discussion on a public forum might get things rolling. Is that not the point of this forum?

For the most part, customer care staff are pleasant to deal with - but there are some others who are very poor.
    I have never identified individuals - I do have most of their names.
    I typed out the general tone of some of the conversations because they are so unbelievable - they are not verbatim. Imagine being told by a customer care person "Why do you keep ringing - you were escalated already last month - just wait your turn - we are busy" !

Hopefully it might give a flavour of the frustrating run around Eircom's customers are given.

Maybe the users of this forum are doing Eircom a favour by highlighting major shortcomings in their approach to orders, bills, customer care ?
    There is always a supervisor or floor head in every call centre customer care team - the customer care agent your speaking too is advised not to pass on the call or to take a log and enter a note on your system account.
    Escalation is just that - you message will be flagged / forwarded to the supervisor who probably is inundated with customer issues and escalations.

They are obviously very busy, probably understaffed as is the case with most call centres and the upsurge in new orders has probably taken them by surprise and are now in backlog situation.

I don't think typing out word for word what an agent has discussed with you on a public forum on the internet is the best way here, the agent can only do a number of things to help you on the call, its not the person on the phones fault and they are probably annoyed also they are paid to sit take calls and try solve customer queries or escalate any issues that's it.
    There is no point getting annoyed with an agent - posting up the call history on here it may get them into trouble in their job for trying to be honest and nice to you.

I don't work for Eircom or any affiliated companies I just am aware of how customer care teams operate across the board.
    PS: I am still waiting to hear from them.

Will be calling sky today to see what they can offer me

• Registered Users Posts: 1,835 ✭✭✭tea and coffee

Sounds like what I have been getting. High as a kite with all my escalations. No phone. I wanted to port over my UPC from my old house but sadly it's not available. Never had any issues with them (UPC ) despite their equal notoriety for poor CS

Day 48...

I got a very quick phone call from the escalation team last Wednesday apologizing for the delay in sorting out my issue. They basically said it was down to some sort of system error and that somebody would be in touch soon to get the order progressed. They couldn't give me an installation date or any further details. 
    I'm still none the wiser.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,441 ✭✭✭eircom: Mark

Day 48...

I got a very quick phone call from the escalation team last Wednesday apologizing for the delay in sorting out my issue. They basically said it was down to some sort of system error and that somebody would be in touch soon to get the order progressed. They couldn't give me an installation date or any further details. 
    Hi scargill

We have been pushing and pushing your case from here we will continue to do so, I am afraid we have to suggest to get back in contact with the complaints team number we DM you previously.

Sorry we could not do more.

Mark

Day 48...

Hi scargill

We have been pushing and pushing your case from here we will continue to do so, I am afraid we have to suggest to get back in contact with the complaints team number we DM you previously.

Sorry we could not do more.

Mark
    Day 51...

Hi Mark,
    You've been "pushing and pushing my case" ??!?
    It's not as if I am asking for something unreasonable or as if there is any problem that I am aware of. What needs to be "pushed" ???

This is simply the scenario...

1. There is an Eircom eFibre cabinet about 200m from my front door
    2. My next door neighbour has efibre (for a few months now).
    3. I'd like to get eFibre.
    4. I ordered it 8 weeks ago.
    5. <tumbleweed> !!

I got a phone call on Tuesday from somebody else in eircom whose first question to me was "Do you have eFibre now?" !!!??!?!?!?!
    I said "No" and he mumbled something about a problem in the exchange and that eircom needed to do some work. When I quizzed him about the problem and said my next door neighbour had efibre he back tracked and just mumbled something else about eircom needing to some work somewhere. I tried to press him on the problem - got nowhere. I think it was an attempt to fob me off in some way.

Mark,
    I contacted eFibre webchat support - busy in work so can't ring at the moment. 
    It looks like I have an installation date of 3rd December !! Transcript below (names removed)
    So I'm presuming somebody will call me either today, tomorrow or Monday to confirm an installation time for Tuesday 3rd ?
    Thanks.

[font=Verdana, sans-serif]M:[/font][font=Verdana, sans-serif] [/font][font=Verdana, sans-serif]Hello, you are chatting with M your eircom-service chat advisor, how can I help you today?[/font]
    [font=Verdana, sans-serif]P:[/font][font=Verdana, sans-serif] [/font][font=Verdana, sans-serif]Hi - could you tell me if you can see anything on my account about my eFibre order. thanks.[/font]
    [font=Verdana, sans-serif]P:[/font][font=Verdana, sans-serif] [/font][font=Verdana, sans-serif]I ordered it 8 weeks ago.[/font]
    [font=Verdana, sans-serif]M:[/font][font=Verdana, sans-serif] [/font][font=Verdana, sans-serif]I have checked this for you P and that order is due to be active by the 3rd of December for you.[/font]
    [font=Verdana, sans-serif]P:[/font][font=Verdana, sans-serif] [/font][font=Verdana, sans-serif]wow - ok[/font]
    [font=Verdana, sans-serif]P:[/font][font=Verdana, sans-serif] [/font][font=Verdana, sans-serif]so does that mean someone will be in touch to confirm installation date?[/font]
    [font=Verdana, sans-serif]M:[/font][font=Verdana, sans-serif] [/font][font=Verdana, sans-serif]Yes we will call you before the 3rd to confirm this for you.[/font]
    [font=Verdana, sans-serif]P:[/font][font=Verdana, sans-serif] [/font][font=Verdana, sans-serif]excellent - great news - thanks for your help![/font]
    [font=Verdana, sans-serif]M:[/font][font=Verdana, sans-serif] [/font][font=Verdana, sans-serif]Your welcome,[/font]
    [font=Verdana, sans-serif]M:[/font][font=Verdana, sans-serif] [/font][font=Verdana, sans-serif]Is there anything else I can help you with today?[/font]

[font=Verdana, sans-serif]P:[/font][font=Verdana, sans-serif] [/font][font=Verdana, sans-serif]no - that's fine. This has been going on for a long time now. hopefully its coming to an end![/font]

For what its worth I decided order with digiweb and got there fiber internet package instead, Engineer booked in for next week.
    Eircom never confirmed my original order online that I made in October after receiving the welcome email and we will contact me in 2 -3 days to arrange setup - they did reply to my query I sent them about it all gave history explained clearly that I ordered to be setup but haven't heard anything from them , are they okay?
    Next email asking me to confirm my account number.

I explained I want to get Eircom IN to have an account number again it was on first message clearly but I decided to give up and not keep going over and back with this.

• Registered Users Posts: 20 Sean54

Day 48...

I had exactly the same experience from Eircom, Appointment not kept then no record of appointment\could not get an answer in customer support.
    They then phoned me after two weeks to make a new appointment and then changed my order. I got fed up calling customer support and decided to cancel the order.
    Eircom have sent me texts and a letter with a new appointment date even though the order was cancelled.

Seems like Eircom launched this product in a hurry without testing their systems and training  their staff.

:D:D:D

OK - happy now. eFibre was installed today. Engineer was booked to come between 12 and 5, got a phone call from him at 1:45 - and he was done and dusted before 2:30

It was a slog - but hopefully worth it!

The lack of info that comes from Eircom is unbelievable - there was a lot of frustration to get to this stage.

NOTE TO EIRCOM: keep your customers informed and you will save us and yourselves tonnes of grief!

eVision is next on my list....I might wait until after Christmas to cancel Sky !

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 352 ✭✭Lennyzip

OK - happy now. eFibre was installed today. Engineer was booked to come between 12 and 5, got a phone call from him at 1:45 - and he was done and dusted before 2:30

The lack of info that comes from Eircom is unbelievable - there was a lot of frustration to get to this stage.

NOTE TO EIRCOM: keep your customers informed and you will save us and yourselves tonnes of grief!

eVision is next on my list....I might wait until after Christmas to cancel Sky !

Good to hear this :-) . So what was the total time to eventually get sorted ?

• Registered Users Posts: 292 ✭✭ainiseoir

This might be where the real fun starts!
    I got my eFibre installed without incident last August.
    In October I decided to try their basic offering for eVision, @ 10 Euros a month, it seemed worth a sniff.
    I'm still waiting.
    I've had TWO letters from the Director of Customer Support telling me how delighted he was that I went for their bundle.
    It has been suggested to me that my first attempt (Order) probably expired and was binned.
    I have a suspicion that the same thing has happened with order no 2.
    This despite the active help of a forum moderator.
    Hang on to your Sky until after Xmas at least, certainly don't cancel it until you're fully happy with eVision.
    My experience would not fill me with confidence in the eVision project, having had years of flawless service from Sky.
    Good luck

• Closed Accounts Posts: 795 ✭✭✭eircom: Tracey

That's great to hear scargill, I'm delighted you have the Fibre installed now.

Please accept my apologises for the delays caused and the inconvenience to you.  I understand it must have been a very frustrating process.

Hopefully everything will work out for you now for future experience.

I have sent you a PM also.

Thanks

Tracey

Advertisement