Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

iphones USA

• 08-11-2013 5:59pm
    Registered Users Posts: 36

Can I buy new iphone5 off the USA Apple website? Will it work in Ireland?
    Will I have to get some kind of adaptor? Its says on website Sim Free but requires a GSM compatible SIM? Any advise would be appreciated.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 602 ✭✭✭WayneEnterprise

No, the USA Apple store will not ship to Ireland.

You can use the Irish store, but the phone is more expensive then.

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 14,997 Mod ✭✭✭✭whiterebel

ANMHI wrote: »
    Can I buy new iphone5 off the USA Apple website? Will it work in Ireland?
    Will I have to get some kind of adaptor? Its says on website Sim Free but requires a GSM compatible SIM? Any advise would be appreciated.

Use the search - This is asked every couple of days.

Actually this one is right on the first page.....http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=2057038987

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 469 ✭✭JonMac

• Registered Users Posts: 36 ANMHI

Got two 5s mobiles posted over from America. Saved €500. Couldn't buy online directly from Apple as they wouldn't accept our Credit Card transaction. So relative in USA bought the phones and posted over as "second hand phones & gift" by FedEx. Cost $60 for postage and insurance. Both phones sim free and worked immediately. Just had to buy a USB adaptor for charger €20. So happy days. Now to insure them......

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,497 ✭✭✭✭guil

Nice saving but you will have to send them back to America if you have any problems.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,197 ✭✭✭kensutz

5s can be serviced worldwide. 5 and 5c cannot.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,540 ✭✭✭freeze4real

What company will you insure it with ?

I also have an iPhone from the states and I'm thinking if getting a battery replacement.

Can I do so through apple store here in Ireland.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,497 ✭✭✭✭guil

Mr.S wrote: »
    No he won't, Apple warranty is worldwide, doesn't matter which country it was bought in, as long as its an official Apple product!

Pitty we don't have any Apple Store in Ireland, as you can basically just walk into any Apple Store and if its under warranty and wasn't a accidental damage, they will replace there and then.

Did you not see the multiple threads here about apple not repairing certain model numbers that were sold in the US?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,146 ✭✭✭CathalDublin

Just for other people doing this, even if they are marked as second hand/gift you are still liable for VAT if the customs/shipping company decides too. And I've received bills from FedEx weeks after the delivery.

Advertisement