Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Recommendation needed

Options
  • 08-11-2013 6:17pm
    Registered Users Posts: 113 ✭✭

Can anyone recommend someone who could retrieve deleted history from my computer? I don't want to bring it into a shop and I really need to get dates, times websites were accessed. Thanks

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 434 ✭✭TheBoffin

The only simple way of doing this is to go into system restore and restore the computer to an earlier restoration point. There are more other conclusive ways of doing it but unfortunately none of them simple.

• Registered Users Posts: 113 ✭✭pennyloves

Thank you so much for your message. I am totally hopeless when it comes to computers so would you mind explaining (in idiot's terms) how I go about doing what you suggested? If I can't get to the information I am looking for that way can you recommend anyone who could help me?

• Registered Users Posts: 277 ✭✭invaderzimirl

well it depends on what exactly your looking for

how long ago, how did the information get deleted?

some methods are destructive when it comes to terms of data recovery

Some of it was deleted on Wednesday or early Thursday morning

I clicked on browser history and went into the settings and I viewed all the files there. Can you please tell me anything about these files?Has everything in this area been searched for online or does it store pop ups etc too? I would so grateful for any information you can give me

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 7,480 ✭✭✭wexie

Chances are then that quite a bit 'should' be recoverable if the computer hasn't been used to much.
    There are numerous data recovery programs available on the internet that are reasonably user friendly (some of them free).

However if you're not overly confident with computers it may be best to get someone who is.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,480 ✭✭✭wexie

pennyloves wrote: »
    I clicked on browser history and went into the settings and I viewed all the files there. Can you please tell me anything about these files?Has everything in this area been searched for online or does it store pop ups etc too? I would so grateful for any information you can give me

that's a somewhat contentious area and without knowing what and why you're looking for you may find people somewhat reluctant to help you (I sure would be).

The only thing that can be said for certain is that items in browser history have been displayed.

I need someone to look at my computer and give me the answers I need TOMORROW......can you put me in touch with someone please

Advertisement