Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Vodafone bill for whole month when only 5 days used

Options
  • 08-11-2013 6:19pm
    Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,216 ✭✭✭

I recently went to Vodafone billpay,around the 25/26th of October,however I have just noticed that my first bill is due out around the 20th of this month for payment.My issue is the payment period is for 1st-31st October,for which I'm being charged the full months bill.Not only that but there's another €1.66 on my bill to boot.There's not a hope in hell I managed to go over my month allowances in 5 days.Surely it cant be right I'm getting charged a full months bill for 5 days service??

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 9,624 ✭✭✭wmpdd3

Usually your bill is paid for the month coming.

Do if you pay 50 euro per month, you'll pay 50 euro for the 1st of Nov till the 30th of Nov.

And maybe a few quid for the last few days of Oct.

1st bill is always the highest as its for more than 1 month.

What did vodafone day when you called them.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,216 ✭✭✭dbagman

wmpdd3 wrote: »
    Usually your bill is paid for the month coming.

Do if you pay 50 euro per month, you'll pay 50 euro for the 1st of Nov till the 30th of Nov.

And maybe a few quid for the last few days of Oct.

1st bill is always the highest as its for more than 1 month.

What did vodafone day when you called them.

havnt called them yet as only noticed it,the lovely people on Boards.ie are always more helpful than ringing these companies.But it defo says my bill due out is for billing period 1st oct to 31st and its a full bill when I only went on contract on the 25th

• Registered Users Posts: 2,587 ✭✭✭circular flexing

dbagman wrote: »
    havnt called them yet as only noticed it,the lovely people on Boards.ie are always more helpful than ringing these companies.But it defo says my bill due out is for billing period 1st oct to 31st and its a full bill when I only went on contract on the 25th

Phone companies charge for the month in advance, so is it possible that you've been billed 1.66 for 5 days and then for November in full in this bill?

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,216 ✭✭✭dbagman

Phone companies charge for the month in advance, so is it possible that you've been billed 1.66 for 5 days and then for November in full in this bill?

clearly says on the bill on their mobile app that the billing period is 1st october to 31st october and is due for payment in a couple of weeks.theres no way theyd be taking the few days in october and novembers bill out before the month of november is even out!!

• Registered Users Posts: 9,624 ✭✭✭wmpdd3

Ring them, you are paying for NOV and the 5 days of OCT. Should make more sense on the PDF.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 12,921 ✭✭✭✭hdowney

It DOES make sense that they'd be taking Novembers billing before November is out since they bill in ADVANCE. How it works is thus: your pacakage (calls, texts, data whatever) is a set amount each month. Anything over/outside this allowance is different month to month. So.... they bill you in October for the period say 1st to 30th November for your set amount, and the period 1st to 31st October (or in your case from whenever you signed up) for any calls you made outside your allowance.

On your specific bill you would be seeing the charge for the month of Novembers set amount and a pro rata amount for the days in October which you used your phone (I am assuming phone here). And if you made any out of bundle calls they are also displayed. This is completely normal practice and would tell you same if you look at all the info on the PDF bill.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,394 ✭✭✭Sheldons Brain

Sadly, the presentation of these bills is a lot less than clear in many cases. It shouldn't be beyond human ability to present a bill that doesn't need interpretation, in a different context I complained on the UPC forum about a similar issue, the bill was correct but was a mess in presentation terms.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 21,730 ✭✭✭✭Fred Swanson

This post has been deleted.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,594 ✭✭✭sandin

All the details of billing are outlined in the terms and conditions of the contract you signed. Obviously you haven't read them as otherwise you would have no issue with the standard billing procedure used by almost all communication companies.

BILLING period 1st to 31st October not USAGE period.

Bill pay phones and services suchcad sky & upc will bill you in the month before the useage month.

Quite clearly described in the "payment" terms in the contract.

Advertisement