Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Smwitchks pale ale clone kit

Options
  • 08-11-2013 7:54pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 11,812 ✭✭✭✭

Anyone know of a kit that has the same tasteish as the smithwicks red pale ale! 3 large bottles in tesco for 7 € at the moment btw!

Comments

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 11,848 Mod ✭✭✭✭BeerNut

The Cooper Brewmaster's Traditional Draught is similar, I think. It's one of my favourite kits anyway.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,097 ✭✭✭Herb Powell

Any of em as long as you water it down to fucck :D

But I'd trust BeerNut's advice.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,812 ✭✭✭✭evolving_doors

Any of em as long as you water it down to fucck :D

But I'd trust BeerNut's advice.

Ya cool...why would you water it down though? Say the recipe calls for 23l...would you use the full 23 ?to me, following the recipe exactly IS watering it down...

• Registered Users Posts: 1,557 ✭✭✭Knifey Spoony

Armelodie wrote: »
    Ya cool...why would you water it down though? Say the recipe calls for 23l...would you use the full 23 ?to me, following the recipe exactly IS watering it down...

Herb is only messing with you... just brew the kit that BeerNut recommended to 23L and you should be fine. Herb was just trying to get across that Smithwicks tastes like water and not an ale.

Herb is only messing with you... just brew the kit that BeerNut recommended to 23L and you should be fine. Herb was just trying to get across that Smithwicks tastes like water and not an ale.

is that the regular smithwicks youre taking about though!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,618 ✭✭✭willabur

I think all smithwicks has that rep for tasting alot like not alot. Recommend checking out something like McGraths Red Ale or 8 Degrees Sunburnt for a really nice Irish Red Ale.

willabur wrote: »
    I think all smithwicks has that rep for tasting alot like not alot. Recommend checking out something like McGraths Red Ale or 8 Degrees Sunburnt for a really nice Irish Red Ale.

Sure why not ta...are they in dunnes or tescos perchance?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,618 ✭✭✭willabur

I have no idea - haven't been in those shops in well over a year. Why not try your local off licence? if they don't have it then badger them to get some nice beers in. If that fails just order from Drinkstore.ie or equivalent

Advertisement