Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

HELP! My oven exploded

Options
  • 08-11-2013 8:35pm
    Registered Users Posts: 163 ✭✭

Hey everyone,
    About thirty minutes ago I turned on my oven to preheat (it was empty). It was on about two minutes when oven basically exploded. The oven door opened with sparks and smoke. The fuse box switch tripped when this happened. The oven make is Tricity Bendix and I have it since 2007. I am so pissed off as my washing broke last week. Can anyone tell me what could have happened.

Thanks.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,199 ✭✭✭bren2002

Sounds like the heating element to me. Happened to me once too. Scary stuff when it goes.

• Registered Users Posts: 163 ✭✭moochers

Thanks Bren 2002,
    It was very scary. I screamed bloody murder when it happened. It was like a magicians act when it happened with all the smoke and sparks except I didn't find it entertaining :(

• Registered Users Posts: 23,543 ✭✭✭✭ted1

Fairly easy to replace the element, pop on to espares.co.uk look up the cooker model and you'll see the element. There should only be about 3 screws holding it in place

Advertisement