Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Hanging a oldish flat screen on partition wall

Options
  • 08-11-2013 9:03pm
    Registered Users Posts: 406 ✭✭

Mate of mine want to hang a flat screen tv in his kids play room, ,its an oldish tv and weighs a ton, he wants to hang it on a stud wall that divides the play room from the stairs, i suggested he find a stud (4x2) and get good strong steel 3" screws ...are we going in the right direction, he wants to put it on this fancy all directions mount...bear in mind this tv is double the weight of a new flat screen ...tia

i think this is in the wrong place if mods want to give it its rightful home...

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 5,379 ✭✭✭DublinDilbert

Your right to be concerned, the fancy mounts can cause some amout of leverage at the mounting location.

I would get some 10mm ply, cut a square so it goes across 3 studs. Round the edges on the router. Paint the same colour as the wall and bolt the mount to it...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,158 ✭✭✭✭hufpc8w3adnk65

Your right to be concerned, the fancy mounts can cause some amout of leverage at the mounting location.

I would get some 10mm ply, cut a square so it goes across 3 studs. Round the edges on the router. Paint the same colour as the wall and bolt the mount to it...
    This! Find minmum 2 studs with the timber frame and then screws bracket too this too distribute load evenly!

Advertisement