Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Water being turned off in Kilcohan/Cherrymount/Avondale tomorrow?

Options
  • 08-11-2013 9:22pm
    Registered Users Posts: 6,101 ✭✭✭

Anyone heard anything about this?

The father is convinced the water is being turned off tomorrow after a few of the neighbours apparently got texts saying as much.

Do I let the yellow mellow or can I relax?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 138 ✭✭leduke

its off from 6am to 6pm tomorrow.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,427 ✭✭✭mooseknunkle

• Closed Accounts Posts: 986 ✭✭✭Typhoon.

His neighbours probably got texts from map alerter. you should maybe sign him up for it too. you pick your location and they send you free alerts. like water off, roads closed and lots of bridge lifts.

https://www.mapalerter.com/waterfordcity

• Closed Accounts Posts: 264 ✭✭Faq

08-11-2013
    Interruptions to Water Network
    Customers are advised that due to emergency repairs to a burst on the drinking water network, there may be temporary interruptions tomorrow Saturday 9th November 2013 from 6am to 6pm to the drinking water supply serving the following general area namely from Kilcohan Greyhound Stadium to Bracken Drive and including Ursuline Crescent, Cherrymount, Kilcohan Park, Prospect Mews, Avondale, Saint Herblain Park, Millbrook Court, Greenfields, Bracken Grove, Fairfield Park, Bracken Drive and surrounding areas.
    Water will return as soon as practicable after works are completed. Waterford City Council apologises for any inconvenience incurred.

http://www.waterfordcity.ie/documents/notices/index.htm

• Closed Accounts Posts: 88,978 ✭✭✭✭mike65

Thank **** I read this 'ere forum or I'd never have known. Off to fill some cans up!

• Advertisement

The water is still on :mad:

:p

• Registered Users Posts: 6,101 ✭✭✭MitchKoobski

Eh? We're going on the assumption it's off here. Might be a bit left hanging around but leave the tap on too long and it'll probably go. Test it there!

There seemed to be pressure in the kitchen cold tap but now you mention it I didn't hear the attic tank didn't top up.

• Registered Users Posts: 38 FestyOSemtex

Installation of the water meters?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,081 ✭✭✭wellboytoo

Its a plan to make you feel happy about paying the water charges, part two is when the Corpo stop taking your sh1t.
    I kid you not I read it on Boards.ie!

• Advertisement
Advertisement