Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

World of Warcraft: Warlords of Draenor

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,932 ✭✭✭YouSavedMyLife

Vicxas wrote: »
    I'm grinding my way through talador. Its not as fun as Gorgorond or as pretty as shadowmoon.

I'm heading for spires now. I'm hoping that'll be a bit more fun.

Also in Talador atm but its early days yet. So far feels like Ashenvale, somewhat boring. Frostfire Ridge and Gorgor wheres lots of fun and pretty to boot

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 23,216 Mod ✭✭✭✭Kiith

I'll probably hit 100 before before i even get to Spires. Just got my garrison ability in Talador (bloody artillery stike!! :D), and already about 40% through 96. Tempted to skip a zone or two.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,902 ✭✭✭MagicIRL

Kiith wrote: »
    I'll probably hit 100 before before i even get to Spires. Just got my garrison ability in Talador (bloody artillery stike!! :D), and already about 40% through 96. Tempted to skip a zone or two.

The garrison ability in Spires can give you a passive 20% extra XP. I hit 100 in Spires.

MagicIRL wrote: »
    The garrison ability in Spires can give you a passive 20% extra XP. I hit 100 in Spires.

Straight to Spires it is so. I'll skip the reset of Talador i guess...doesn't seem that interesting.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,918 ✭✭✭nix

Whats spires?

I dinged 100 in nagrand, barely dented it also, there are two whole zones i havent explored at all yet, old hellfire and blades edge

Is the old blades edge area the horde starting zone?

or do horde go shadowmoon too?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 594 ✭✭✭dibkins

Taldor is pretty meh. I hardly noticed Spires as i was getting close to 100 and just wanted to knock it out! Nice opening little event though.

Now to get ilvl 600. Bleagh.

nix wrote: »
    Whats spires?

I dinged 100 in nagrand, barely dented it also, there are two whole zones i havent explored at all yet, old hellfire and blades edge

Is the old blades edge area the horde starting zone?

or do horde go shadowmoon too?

Spires of Arak is the zone after Talador.

And Horde start in Frostfire Ridge, which is the old Blades Edge map. Then onto Gorgrond like Alliance.

• Registered Users Posts: 131 ✭✭ryanakabyitz

Leveling is so easy in this game. But i am gonna stick to just one character because last expansion i kept swapping characters. After 4 or 5 o clock the game starts having problems from people logging in after college/school. Gonna be up early on saturday and play it flat out. When i get some money im gonna buy some new equipment as my naga is broke. Really enjoying being back playing. This is the best version of wow there has ever been hands down. Brilliant game.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,122 ✭✭✭killanena

I decided to level on a dead server so I wouldn't have to wait in 2 hour queues after work for the short bit of time I have to play in the evenings. But queues for heroics are 60 mins+ at peak time.. >.<

Time for a server transfer I think. Anyone here on silvermoon alliance?

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 14,715 Mod ✭✭✭✭Dcully

Hit 100 lastnight on mage, last to do so in my guild and friends list.
    Finished spires soon after i hit 100 and onto nagrand for 10 mins for a look before i logged off and it looks nice.
    Frostfire ridge was well designed but talador,gorgrond and spires of arak were pretty poor.

I didn't mind of Gorgrond, but Talador does seem a bit boring. Might switch to tanking or healing and try level a bit in dungeons.

Anyone experience a dungeon run where you get no loot at all? I did Auchindoun the night before last, and none of the bosses dropped anything but gold. Was kind of annoying, as the rest of the party all got loot.

I really liked Talador and Gorgrond. I didn't enjoy Spires, but Nagrand was as epic as ever.

What kind of zone is old hellfire? just another quest zone or is there anything special in it?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,528 ✭✭✭copeyhagen

when i asked that question about my account saying it was upgraded to MOP, does that mean if i buy a months subscription, i can play up to and including MOP? i had paid for cata was the last expansion i paid for.

Yeah, you'll be able to play MoP and up to lvl90.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,340 ✭✭✭PropJoe10

copeyhagen wrote: »
    when i asked that question about my account saying it was upgraded to MOP, does that mean if i buy a months subscription, i can play up to and including MOP? i had paid for cata was the last expansion i paid for.

Yeah you'll have access to the MoP quests and content. The questlines in MoP were quite enjoyable. I would give the dungeons a miss to be honest!

sound, might elvel the prot warr from 80-90 in dungeons only after playing the mop content with the huntard.

I made this thread on reddit today. Feel free to Give feedback on it if you have anything to add.

http://www.reddit.com/r/wow/comments/2mvbdc/can_we_create_a_list_of_raids_and_dungeons_that/?sort=new

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,447 ✭✭✭Calhoun

I woud checkout mmo champion each class forum has a solo content thread and some use google docs to share what has been solo'd.

I would say easily up to Vale of fear the raid before ToT can be done by some non-dk classes.

nix wrote: »
    What kind of zone is old hellfire? just another quest zone or is there anything special in it?

Thats the starting area where you do the first quests after entering the dark portal, its closed area right now after you finish those quests but im guessing that they'll bring it back in a later patch.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,404 ✭✭✭✭Vicxas

killanena wrote: »
    Thats the starting area where you do the first quests after entering the dark portal, its closed area right now after you finish those quests but im guessing that they'll bring it back in a later patch.

More than likely it'll be a jump off for a raid in an upcoming patch.

Anybody know when the level 100 molten core is coming out ?

There is Americans on twitch doing it right now. So pretty soon if not already :) You have to be ilvl 615 and you can only queue for it using raid finder in your garrison.

I see they've reverted to a Need/Greed system rather then the personal loot system that has been in place since launch. Odd to change it so quickly after implementing it.

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 9,735 Mod ✭✭✭✭Manach

Humming and hawing over a return. Are Holy Paladins still good healers and Mages clothe cannons in WoD?
    (In context left when 80 was max level for my two mains)

Manach wrote: »
    Humming and hawing over a return. Are Holy Paladins still good healers and Mages clothe cannons in WoD?

Mage are squishy bearers of death,

Holy Pala's aint what they used to be BUT they're still awesome.

Holy Paladin gets not one but TWO Beacon of Light's.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,191 ✭✭✭✭Shanotheslayer

Manach wrote: »
    Mage are squishy bearers of death,

Holy Pala's aint what they used to be BUT they're still awesome.

Holy Paladin gets not one but TWO Beacon of Light's.

Paladins in general are fairly poor to other classes. I play Holy Pala and Retri.

Holy Paladins are weak. Two Beacon of Lights doesn't really do much at the minute as it's just 5 mans. Even in raids, top guilds will make sure if they have two pally healers each will be spec'd differently.

One will be geared/spec'd for Beacons the other for Sacred Shield.

Don't even get me started on Retri:pac:

I find your lack of beacon faith disturbing.

I find your lack of beacon faith disturbing.

The stats are just weak at the moment. It's better for tanks to be absorbing heals especially when Crit/Haste is low.50% heals which can barely crit isn't great at all.

Havn't tried since I got a 630+ Ilevel, but Absorption is great at the minute.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 9,735 Mod ✭✭✭✭Manach

I succumb :).
    As I've not played since pre-Cata, finding the Ret/Holy Paladin rather difficult to re-engaged with. My second main, a Fire Mage, no problem or thinking required at all.

Now my choice is between using the lvl 90 boost on the Wolven creature or those walking Pandas.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,405 ✭✭✭Lone Stone

So is everything working yet ?

I havent hit a que in ages, few bugs here and there but seems to be back to the norm..

anybody know where to recruit decent followers?

got my garrison to lvl 3 and pretty much all buildings are level 2

• Registered Users Posts: 20 Jaayylol

Lone Stone wrote: »
    So is everything working yet ?

I havent had any problems for a couple of days anyway.

Anyone else do MC? Felt like it went on forever, love the mount though and the 640 helm is handy as well

Jaayylol wrote: »
    I havent had any problems for a couple of days anyway.

Anyone else do MC? Felt like it went on forever, love the mount though and the 640 helm is handy as well

I had 0 wipes and took me 2 hours. Apparently they nerfed it in a hotfix as well. My mate did it the day before and took him 4 hours as the mobs were so OP.

Im level 99 and just need to fly through Nagrand.

Question, is there a Mount drop in Molten Core? I seen a guy with a Core Hound mount.

Im level 99 and just need to fly through Nagrand.

Question, is there a Mount drop in Molten Core? I seen a guy with a Core Hound mount.

Its a 100% drop when you kill Ragnaros. I think its tied to the achievement.

Edit: Is the heirloom vendor back yet?

Yeah you get it when you kill last boss in MC in the mail, i got lucky and loaded in with only two bosses left, so only spent about 20mins in the raid. Alot complaining it takes ages to complete from start to finish.

Anybody know if there is anything else worth getting in it that cool?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,063 ✭✭✭BKtje

Did it in 80 minutes in an 75% premade run last night. Ill 640 helm and mount were the rewards among with around 27g per boss.

Easy mode but fun to do it again, that said, won't set foot in there again now that it's done!

• Advertisement

How did you guys find gearing for MC?

Running normal's or just luck from world drops?

How did you guys find gearing for MC?

Running normal's or just luck from world drops?

Normals to 610, Few heroics and you'll be 620+. Nagrand quests alone will have you in or around 610 anyway.

Would any of you guys be willing to help me do some level 90 raids for transmog items ? We could set up a group or something for t mog runs if you guys would like. Really want them transmogs >:D

i qued for MC with just mostly pvp gear

Normals to 610, Few heroics and you'll be 620+. Nagrand quests alone will have you in or around 610 anyway.

If you have dwarves bunker itsma good chance you could get 630 I'll gear 😄

Calhoun wrote: »
    If you have dwarves bunker itsma good chance you could get 630 I'll gear 😄

Ive chopped and changed my Garrison so much.

• Advertisement

Ive chopped and changed my Garrison so much.

Pity, the dwarven bunker is one of the mandatory items i think for leveling and for raiding due to the bonus roles. I dont think the other items sync up well with it.

Take for example the guarenteed level 100 weapon you get which is 610 ilvl, when i did it i got an upgrade of 20 ilvl so i now have a 630 ilvl weapon.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,122 ✭✭✭BeerWolf

Leaving the Warmill for last - since it's something I'd like for the long term, ie. - them seals.

Getting everything else in the mean time.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,905 ✭✭✭Noxin

What zone were you lot in when you hit 100?

I'm 95 atm and still in Gorgrond. It feels like I'll be 100 without having gone near all zones. I've only ran two instances.
    DPS in Slag Mines and tanked Iron Docks which I really enjoyed.

Looking forward to doing a full MC again. Glad it's running until 6th of Jan too so I don't feel the need to rush through any content.

re subbed, first time since 2010.

played war a bit as fury, went from 80-82, was a bit meh. might try him as prot and just tank through cata instances.

the hunter was good fun, bm, went from 83-85 in about 2 hours lol.

in pandaland now, looks alright. no flying.. grrr

not gonna buy expansion till i decide if i wanna come back casually to end game

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,122 ✭✭✭BeerWolf

Noxin wrote: »
    What zone were you lot in when you hit 100?

I'm 95 atm and still in Gorgrond. It feels like I'll be 100 without having gone near all zones. I've only ran two instances.
    DPS in Slag Mines and tanked Iron Docks which I really enjoyed.

Looking forward to doing a full MC again. Glad it's running until 6th of Jan too so I don't feel the need to rush through any content.

I was level 100 having only done Frostfire Ridge [SMV], Gorgrond and half way through Spires of Arrak, haven't done Talador or Nagrand then yet.

But I've been grabbing all the rares and treasures, and dig sites and Bonus Objectives, I came across in each zone... and that does contribute a fair chunk of the XP ;)

And with regards to MC --- I wish you good luck. 40m is not suited for PUGs AT ALL. You'd be sitting there for 4 hours, doing nothing but trash and bosses that drop absolutely nothing till you reach Ragnaros.

You'll always have to endure with:

- Griefers that intentionally cause raid wipes pulling everything. This is worst when they're a class that can put themselves out of combat, so they'd immediately pull again... making it near impossible trying to kick them.
    - Tanks that treat it like a 5man instance, chain pulling and causing wipes...
    - DPS that do nothing but dps, NEVER removing debuffs on people... Mages are the absolute WORST culprits that never remove the horrid curses you got in that raid.
    - AFK'ers leaving themselves on follow, and there's a LOT of them...

So yeah, have fun with that... >_<;

If Blizzard were smart, I hope for everyone's sake and sanity that they'd just place people immediately before Ragnaros on raid entry...

• Advertisement
Advertisement