Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Special Ed. SPONSORSHIP

Options
  • 08-11-2013 10:03pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1

so excuse the complete ignorance about all things sponsorship/visa related!!

I am a primary teacher with a graduate diploma in Special Education. I have been working in Australia for a year and a half (WHV) and now am considering my options.

I would love to stay in Australia preferably teaching Special Education and am wondering what are my options sponsorship wise. Is it likely to get sponsorship as a teacher? How do I start looking for jobs willing to sponsor?! How much would it cost me if I paid the fees?

I am currently teaching at the minute but they are not in a position to sponsor.

I am willing to move around Australia.

Any advice at all would be great. I'm thinking if sponsorship isn't an option I may throw in the towel and head home in the next few weeks.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,191 ✭✭✭Feelgood

Sponsorship is possible as a teacher, you will more than likely be looking at state sponsorship. I have no idea how easy or hard that will be as a teacher.
    A lot of the time it can be a case of being in the right place at the right time.

A good place to start if you are in NSW is here (Alternatively, looking at the department of education sites for Victoria, WA etc)

http://www.dec.nsw.gov.au/about-us/careers-centre

If your current employer is not willing to sponsor and you really want to stay then definitely make a move now as you probably have about 6 months left on your current visa?.
    Call the department of education and ask then about openings and sponsorship opportunities. Nothing ventured nothing gained and all that.

Advertisement