If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Excitement turns to disappointment-Courier Issues

Options
  • 08-11-2013 10:21pm
    Registered Users Posts: 12,513 ✭✭✭✭

So I was thrilled to hear my new 47” TV would be arriving Friday and we had planned a good movie evening to break it in, and as usual the RS team were great in their advice and help in the process as has been the case in the past.

My wife stayed at home all day Friday, waiting for our new TV.

Then no sign of said item so Dave investigated on our behalf late afternoon.

And suddenly it was like Christmas day had come and no presents under the tree…..

The courier apparently had gotten the wrong phone number even though “he was in the area” and could have found our house easily. At this stage in my life, I have heard all the courier excuses for “We couldn’t bother delivering it today” so we will make up the phone number/sat nav can’t find house etc excuse.

Apparently it will now be arriving Monday and I hope he will have the correct phone number this time and also will give notice so wife doesn’t have to waste another day looking out the window waiting.(don't you hate when couriers are supposed to ring to give an approx. time and suddenly are ringing from outside your door....)

The moral though is that my purchase is now a disappointment and frustration due to a courier and I hope RS takes up this issue with them for shoddy service, for wasting our time and creating this disappointment with RS. It might also be helpful in future to take more phone numbers and to issue a tracking number because I was totally in the dark today until I rang RS at 4pm.
    Sorry but as everyone loves getting new tech, I needed to rant as nothing beats disappointment after spending so much cash and its sitting in some lazy guys van all weekend

Comments

• Company Representative Posts: 17,282 ✭✭✭✭Richersounds.ie: Kenny

TheDriver wrote: »
    So I was thrilled to hear my new 47” TV would be arriving Friday and we had planned a good movie evening to break it in, and as usual the RS team were great in their advice and help in the process as has been the case in the past.

My wife stayed at home all day Friday, waiting for our new TV.

Then no sign of said item so Dave investigated on our behalf late afternoon.

And suddenly it was like Christmas day had come and no presents under the tree…..

The courier apparently had gotten the wrong phone number even though “he was in the area” and could have found our house easily. At this stage in my life, I have heard all the courier excuses for “We couldn’t bother delivering it today” so we will make up the phone number/sat nav can’t find house etc excuse.

Apparently it will now be arriving Monday and I hope he will have the correct phone number this time and also will give notice so wife doesn’t have to waste another day looking out the window waiting.(don't you hate when couriers are supposed to ring to give an approx. time and suddenly are ringing from outside your door....)

The moral though is that my purchase is now a disappointment and frustration due to a courier and I hope RS takes up this issue with them for shoddy service, for wasting our time and creating this disappointment with RS. It might also be helpful in future to take more phone numbers and to issue a tracking number because I was totally in the dark today until I rang RS at 4pm.
    Sorry but as everyone loves getting new tech, I needed to rant as nothing beats disappointment after spending so much cash and its sitting in some lazy guys van all weekend
    Hi Driver,

First of sincere apologies about this.  It's really not good at all!

I wasn't in yesterday myself and Dave is off today so no info by hand.  I'll have a dig through to see if there is any word back from the courier to see how they've messed up here.

It's not very often we have any issues with our deliveries.

I'll do a bit of investigating and get back to you ASAP!!

Apologies again.

Chris

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,474 ✭✭✭Richersounds.ie: Dave

Hi there, sorry I was off at the weekend and I just wanted to update you on the issue with this delivery.

I had requested that the driver call the mobile number as this was the person who was likely to be at the house.

The depot had given the wrong number to the driver. This meant that they could not contact the delivery address and in this case, the driver did not attempt the delivery as he assumed that no-one was home. This was human error and the couriers have apologised.

Unfortunately the drivers will usually only go the address is they can make contact otherwise it's wasted journey for them.

When I was made aware of the issue, I had requested for a special Saturday delivery to try to resolve the issue quickly. I had this arranged with the couriers but then on having a discussion, it was made aware to me that a Saturday delivery did not suit yourselves as you were out most of Saturday so the only other option that I had was for delivery on Monday.

Apologies that this did not go as smoothly as usual but I can assure that it was not down to a lazy driver or someone not wanting to deliver it, it was simply a mistake at the depot and 2 numbers were incorrectly entered on the job.

I have requested the courier to call you today ahead of the delivery and I can refund the delivery charge which will hopefully go a little towards alleviating the disappointment.

I'll give you a call shortly and take the card details so I can process the refund.

ATB

Dave

• Registered Users Posts: 12,513 ✭✭✭✭TheDriver

Thanks for your reply. I appreciate the courier is outside the control of RS and thank you for your efforts in sorting out the situation for us. I think after spending the day at home Friday, my wife was afraid she would be stuck at home all day Sat and we had a function in the afternoon also hence why she opted for Monday delivery. The delivery guy came about 11 this morning however he did phone from 1 minute down the road which is slightly frustrating as he could have phoned earlier to indicate estimated time but thankfully someone was waiting at home.
    Your gesture on the delivery charge is much appreciated and your handing of this issue has restored my faith in your company. I'm sure when we get the TV set up, the excitement will come rushing back....

• Registered Users Posts: 12,513 ✭✭✭✭TheDriver

Just to update, excellent customer service from RS and a happy customer again. Unboxed TV and it is magnificant, price was good deal compared with argos and DID and warranty is great peace of mind (can't see myself trying to cart it off to a repair shop).
    Thanks for sorting out the issues and the delivery refund, nice to know some companies in Ireland can do good customer service-I will be back to you again sometime for the next purchase

Leave a Comment

Rich Text Editor. To edit a paragraph's style, hit tab to get to the paragraph menu. From there you will be able to pick one style. Nothing defaults to paragraph. An inline formatting menu will show up when you select text. Hit tab to get into that menu. Some elements, such as rich link embeds, images, loading indicators, and error messages may get inserted into the editor. You may navigate to these using the arrow keys inside of the editor and delete them with the delete or backspace key.