Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Water quality lately!

Options
  • 08-11-2013 10:23pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 446 ✭✭

Surprised this hasn’t come up here but anybody being affected by the water quality issues that has being going on lately? I live in Kildare, the water is very clear but has a very chemical taste of it the past 2 weeks. Can’t even drink it never mind brew with it. Luckily enough I got a couple of brews in before the water problems so I have a bit of surplus but I’m starting to wonder how long this is going to last and what bottled water to buy if it does.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 277 ✭✭invaderzimirl

I'm thinking when i go to brew my next batch, ill fill my bucket and let it settle over night then see what its like. maybe filter it into a second bucket see if that clears things up.

i might even modify a water filter system for it to run through. wouldn't be too hard to do.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,894 ✭✭✭✭loyatemu

water has been very chemically for the last few months - they've been having water quality issues in the reservoirs due to algae blooms and low water levels during the summer - 5 litres of water is only €1.30 in Lidl, Supervalu etc.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 446 ✭✭Devi

I'm thinking when i go to brew my next batch, ill fill my bucket and let it settle over night then see what its like. maybe filter it into a second bucket see if that clears things up.

i might even modify a water filter system for it to run through. wouldn't be too hard to do.

Yea I heard the water in parts of Dublin is like milk, but if it tastes ok and clears up sure why not.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 446 ✭✭Devi

loyatemu wrote: »
    water has been very chemically for the last few months - they've been having water quality issues in the reservoirs due to algae blooms and low water levels during the summer - 5 litres of water is only €1.30 in Lidl, Supervalu etc.

Yea I did notice a slight change the past couple of months but where I live it was still drinkable, the past couple of weeks is gotten really bad though. That's good to know, just a shame having to pay for something that was free before, would have rather spend the extra €6 or whatever on hops/grains.

Advertisement