Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Week 11 Reports

Options
  • 08-11-2013 10:31pm
    Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 21,658 Mod ✭✭✭✭

After an aborted a game,we go again

Delanie Walker TD.. Then Griffin picks off the Colts 1stpass
    C2J TD

Raynaud TD
    Walker TD
    TD Allen
    C2J TD
    KO Return by the Colts

I throw a pick!
    Colts kick 3 with 20 seconds left

Ht and its 24-28 Titans, Colts to receive
    On the KO Return the Titans force it lose! and recover

Johnson TD

Agood pass to DHB, turns into a great pass after a missed tackle
    Titans then throw apick 6 and Colts are up by 3

I throw another int.. TD Colts

On along 3rd down,Titans go deep but itspicked
    TD colts after weak tackling!
    Titans TD but too liitle too late

Final Score
    49-59 Colts

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 28,710 ✭✭✭✭Paully D

49ers beat the Saints 42-35.

Saints had absolutely no answer for the read option game here as Kaepernick killed me. He ran for 136 yards and 2 TD's, including one for 57 yards and a TD on the very first drive of the game.

Brees threw a pick on his first drive of the game and never really recovered throwing 2 more. 49ers protected the ball much better only throwing 1 pick which was on a hail mary at the end of the half.

The game went back and forth with the Niners taking a 14 point lead twice only to be pulled back. We were tied at 35-35 before the Niners went on a long drive to take the lead by a TD, and the Saints went into a two minute drill to try and tie things up but another pick put an end to that.

This result pushes the Saints to 5-5 after suffering their third loss in a row ahead of a key divisional matchup with the Falcons next week. The Bucs can now take control of the division with a win this week. The 49ers move to 4-6.

Well done Carroller. I have no idea how you haven't won more games up until this point to be honest. You're certainly a far better player than your record.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,197 ✭✭✭giffney1991

Texans trash raiders 52-17, had to let them score a touchdown at the end because they tackled foster into their end zone putting me 35+ points ahead, hate the CPU

• Registered Users Posts: 1,506 ✭✭✭Carroller

Paully D wrote: »
    49ers beat the Saints 42-35.

Well done Carroller. I have no idea how you haven't won more games up until this point to be honest. You're certainly a far better player than your record.

Cheers for the game Paully! It was one where everything seemed to go right for me, and Kap was on fire too. Could have been in a much better position in the standings but I lost two CPU games after being ahead for most of them which can be really annoying.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,341 ✭✭✭Nelbert

Ponder Watch Week 11

Pondernator went 9/15 for a TD and two INTs. If you told me before this game that I'd turn the ball over twice I'd have queried how many points I was due to lose by.

The Vikings Defence had other ideas however best demonstrated with the very first drive of the game. The Seahawks went 80 odd yards until the Vikings defence decided that getting inside the 10 yard line was far enough and on 3rd and goal picked Russel Wilson's out route pass off.
    The Vikings D continued on that vain for the rest of the game, Wilson's mobility and the fear of overcommiting and getting burned on read option plays (which happened a bit anyway) meant the Vikings D line, stayed conservative and went into QB contain rather than hunt mode. It worked well and allowed LB blitzing to catch the seahawk o line off guard on occasion.

The Vikings scored after a long drive following the first INT, Seahawks levelled up inside the two minute mark for the half and the Vikings made their way up the field and had a pop at the endzone but ultimately settled for a field goal to close out the half and recieve the ball in the second half.

A number of turnovers were exchanged and ultimately the Vikings came out the better with Rhodes picking off two and the Vikings D totalling 5 INTs on the previously flawless Wilson.

Pattern of scoring is hard to remember apart from me having an approx 10 point lead for most of the second half and picking the ball back up deep in the Seahawks half after an INT the Vikings coach was happy to run the clock out but Peterson had that single season TD record on his to-do list for the day and promptly ignored 2 tackles and went in for his third TD of the day and sole possession of the record.

Ponders errors were on me, a misread and pressed the wrong button on one and threw into triple coverage.
    Rudolph had a good game again as a dump off / play action pass option and Jennings made some vital catches. The Seahawks kept a blanket over Patterson and the rookie WR will look to have an improved performance against the Packers in a crucial game next time out.

Stats;
    Vikings
    Ponder 9/15,162 Yards, 1 TD, 2 INT
    Peterson 161 Yards off 19 attempts, 3 TDs
    Rudolph 77 yards off 4 Receptions, 1 TD
    Jennings 79 yards off 4 Receptions

Seahawks
    Wilson 12/21, 178 Yards, 0 TD, 5 INT
    Lynch 82 yards off 16 attempts, 2 TDs, 76 yards off 4 Receptions
    Miller 73 yards off 6 receptions.

Player of the Game who is not Adrian Peterson - Xavier Rhodes popping up with 2 INTs is hard to argue against.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,553 ✭✭✭madalig12

Giants fall at home to the Packers 31-45. Rodgers on fire and speed machine Lacy just about score enough to stop the Giants dominant pass game.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 16,130 Mod ✭✭✭✭adrian522

The Bengals win a divisonal game against the Browns to take control of the AFC North.

The Browns started with the ball but were forced to punt, on the next drive the Bengals used up the entire first quarter to go ahead 7-0 through AJ Green.

Next drive ended with a browns turnover but the Bengals would return the favour when Dalton throws it straight to a linebacker. A few plays later and the Browns tie it up 7-7 at HT.

In the second half the Bengals take a the lead again with a good TD drive. This is followed by a second Browns turnover which is again punished by Cinci, 21-7.

In the 4th quarter Weeden throws another pick that is also punished when Bernard scores a TD off a screen pass to make it 28-7.

This is how it finishes, key difference between the teams was the turnovers. Bernard had over 100 yards rushing while Green was the best receiver on show.

The Bengals move to 9-2 and have one eye on the post season, while the Browns will still look to make a postseason run via the wildcard.

Final 28-7 Bengals.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 6,332 Mod ✭✭✭✭PerrinV2

Chiefs 42 Broncos 38
    Chiefs snatch victory from the jaws of defeat.
    The first 3 quarters was a tit for tat affair with neither defense doing much,the key points being I guess were Jaamal Charles fumbled twice(1 was overturned and the other RG Asmoah of the Chiefs recovered ran it back 2 yards for a TD) along with Moreno fumbling for the Broncos which the Chiefs recovered.
    Coming into the 4th quarter Chiefs were up by 7 and added to it with another TD to increase it to a 2 TD lead.Moreno responded for the Broncos with short run in for Td and it was back to a 1 TD game.
    Next drive Broncos force a stop and Chiefs punt it back,Manning drives them down the field which ends with a Moreno TD(his 5th TD of the game) 35-35.
    I think there was about 2.30 mins on the clock when Chiefs start their drive down the field for the winning score.
    They get to the Broncos 26, 2 and 6 with about 50 seconds on the clock and the Broncos have 1 timeout left.
    Chiefs try to play it safe and run it straight up the middle with Charles......FUMBLE!!! as Charles is nailed by Shaun Phillips and its recovered by Von Miller(this is Charles 3rd fumble of the game).
    Bronco's now start on their 30 with 46 seconds on the clock and 1 timeout left.
    Chiefs go ultra conservative trying not to give up the big play,Manning starts to pick them apart,not 1 pass goes further than 7 yards(i think) as he methodically moves them down the field with short pass's to the sideline,its end with a 9 yard pick up for D thomas with the Broncos well inside FG range.
    Once its kicked there's only 9 seconds left and things are looking grime for the Chiefs.
    Broncos kick it back deep from kickoff,the Chiefs run it back trying to make something happen but can only make it to the 20.
    6 seconds left and its Hail Mary time,Bronco's are 3 men deep,the ball is hiked and Alex Smith spots AJ Jenkins in what seems to be in a bit of space and heaves it forward,Jenkins catchs the ball in stride and runs in untouched for the 80 yard TD score and thats the game.

GG Adlum,you put together a really good drive for the FG(Manning had an immense game),which we both thought at the time was the winner.
    Just a mad play that happened after

• Registered Users Posts: 1,587 ✭✭✭Berty44

Jets beating the crap out of the Bills when disconnected from XBox live with only a couple of minutes left.

Restarted and again winning well in Q4 when I went to make a depth chart change and Xbox froze.

And here is the daft thing. I was doing a depth chart change to avoid injury and lo and behold I find out that EA have turned OFF injuries in CFM for the past few weeks !!!!

Leaving it to sim unfortunately.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,553 ✭✭✭madalig12

I said to Giants GM tonight that injuries were mad and now there are none. Makes sense now.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,749 ✭✭✭Raoul

Berty44 wrote: »
    Jets beating the crap out of the Bills when disconnected from XBox live with only a couple of minutes left.

Restarted and again winning well in Q4 when I went to make a depth chart change and Xbox froze.

And here is the daft thing. I was doing a depth chart change to avoid injury and lo and behold I find out that EA have turned OFF injuries in CFM for the past few weeks !!!!

:confused: What????

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,341 ✭✭✭Nelbert

Berty44 wrote: »

Don't think they turned them off, thought they just patched it to a more appropriate level???

• Registered Users Posts: 2,186 ✭✭✭PADRAIC.M

Well I simmed my game last week against bucscame away with 3 5/6 week injuries

Nelbert wrote: »
    Don't think they turned them off, thought they just patched it to a more appropriate level???

No they have actually turned them OFF in Head to Head games. Confirmed by Josh_Looman. Have a look you will see that nobody is injured or if they are the injuries were incurred about 6/7 gameweeks ago where a franchise is full ( as in one I am in ) . Injuries can still occur in simmed games !

So you play a game, nobody will get injured.

You sim a game, high probability someone will get injured.

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 21,658 Mod ✭✭✭✭helimachoptor

I was wondering why in the pro bert no more of my titans had been injured! At one point I was at risk of not having enough players!

Yep had a long chat with DiodeX last night afetr Josh_Loomans tweer. We checked through that franchise. Seeing as nearly every game was actually played there were I think only 2 injuries and they looked to be very very long term ones brought forward from when they stopped them

Advertisement