Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

clyde burner lockout

• 08-11-2013 11:26pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 1,590 ✭✭✭

hi,im going to look at a clyde burner in the morning.the boiler was serviced a few months ago [not me].its now going to lockout intermittently but it now on lockout.The boiler is a ferroli,orange casing.Ive only come across this burner once before.Is it possible to get parts for this burner?,or if it going to be an expensive to repair would i be better off buying a new burner?,thanks

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,960 ✭✭✭jimf

agusta wrote: »
    hi,im going to look at a clyde burner in the morning.the boiler was serviced a few months ago [not me].its now going to lockout intermittently but it now on lockout.The boiler is a ferroli,orange casing.Ive only come across this burner once before.Is it possible to get parts for this burner?,or if it going to be an expensive to repair would i be better off buying a new burner?,thanks

the clyde burner is more than likely an old version of what we know as the riello 40 so parts are interchangeable

if its the original control box it may have no prepurge or a lot shorter as in 6 secs

so parts wise you would be ok

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,590 ✭✭✭agusta

jimf wrote: »
    the clyde burner is more than likely an old version of what we know as the riello 40 so parts are interchangeable

if its the original control box it may have no prepurge or a lot shorter as in 6 secs

so parts wise you would be ok
    its has a transformer on top left,suntec pump,two flexi oil lines feed from one pipe.about 20 years old im told,it doesnt look related to reillo 40,any ideas?,thanks

its possibly a bentone then any clyde I have come across have been riello 40 compatible

if it is a bentone with the suntec pump good chance its the coil acting up have come across a good few old bentones with fcuked coils

its possibly a bentone then any clyde I have come across have been riello 40 compatible

if it is a bentone with the suntec pump good chance its the coil acting up have come across a good few old bentones with fcuked coils
    its certainly a clyde burner,i got the manual for the burner off the house owner when i was passing her house this evening.i didnt have the equipment with me to look at it.im just thinking i havent a hope of trying to get a part for it.i have a feeling its a fuel or fuel pump issue,thanks

if its a pump ar supplies have pumps etc I think your limerick based are you not

• Advertisement

maybe marked clyde on the cover same as the riello type there marked clyde as well

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 871 ✭✭✭TPM

as above-- clyde didnt make burners they only rebadged them.
    any of the ones I came across were riello based. At this stage clyde burners are getting old

if its a pump ar supplies have pumps etc I think your limerick based are you not
    ya,i know ar

TPM wrote: »
    any of the ones I came across were riello based. At this stage clyde burners are getting old
    Did you ever come accross one with the transformer and suntec pump,orange cover for burner

as tpm stated id say its a rebadged bentone

• Advertisement

thanks

as tpm stated id say its a rebadged bentone
    Thanks,i didnt actually get it when tpm said it lol,thanks

I went to the boiler today,The fault was a damaged electrode.the electrodes are now to short but managed to get it going for the short term[weeks].its actually a very old riello 3gb,you were right jimf.I tried 4 merchants today and they never saw electrodes like it.the customer is making a decision on whether to fit a new riello 3gb and fit a new duel stat [no hi-limit stat on boiler] or a new condenser boiler

I went to the boiler today,The fault was a damaged electrode.the electrodes are now to short but managed to get it going for the short term[weeks].its actually a very old riello 3gb,you were right jimf.I tried 4 merchants today and they never saw electrodes like it.the customer is making a decision on whether to fit a new riello 3gb and fit a new duel stat [no hi-limit stat on boiler] or a new condenser boiler

I may have 1 lying around in my schite pile if I have your welcome to the bits and pieces pm me and we can arrange something

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 871 ✭✭✭TPM

could you put up a photo of the burner?

as it is a clyde burner the burner is probably fairly old too, so the condition of it would be a factor in deciding to replace the burner, or the whole lot

could you put up a photo of the burner?

as it is a clyde burner the burner is probably fairly old too, so the condition of it would be a factor in deciding to replace the burner, or the whole lot
    Ya the boiler would be the same age as burner id say.The boiler is a ferroli with a clyde stamp on it too.The boiler looks in great condition ,its either a new 3gb and a new duel stat or a new condenser grant boiler.il post a picture when i get back to it in a couple of weeks

or maybe a photo of the electrodes ive worked on a few of these but cant exactly remember which one it is

as advised in an earlier post I may have something lying around as im sure others might have as well and your welcome to any parts foc

This is a picture of the burner removed

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,840 ✭✭✭✭Dtp1979

Why not ring the phone number on the badge :)
    But seriously though, take that burner off the kitchen worktop or she'll kill you!!

is this acting up again

slightly confused this to me is an old bentone burner I though it was an old riello

or is this a different boiler

or have you changed the burner now

• Advertisement

Dtp1979 wrote: »
    Why not ring the phone number on the badge :)
    But seriously though, take that burner off the kitchen worktop or she'll kill you!!
    Utility,Il have it in the garage before she gets home:)

Utility,Il have it in the garage before she gets home:)

youd better or you could be postin over in the homeless forum:eek::eek:

is this acting up again

slightly confused this to me is an old bentone burner I though it was an old riello

or is this a different boiler

or have you changed the burner now
    Same boiler.I just said id post a picture of the burner,the electrodes are gone in it.New grant vortex 50-90 installed

Same boiler.I just said id post a picture of the burner,the electrodes are gone in it.New grant vortex 50-90 installed

good stuff agusta good In the ould sales dept as well :D:D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,008 ✭✭✭scudo2

I could be wrong but I'm fairly certain its a "Lamborghini" oil burner about 18 years old.
    Clyde put there lable on anything they bought including Mectron , Bentone which was also previously called
    Electro-oil.
    Customers got a good kick when I pointed out that they honestly could tell people that they had a LAMBORGHINI in the back shed !

are they the old burner with a blue plastic cover

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,840 ✭✭✭✭Dtp1979

scudo2 wrote: »
    I could be wrong but I'm fairly certain its a "Lamborghini" oil burner about 18 years old.
    Clyde put there lable on anything they bought including Mectron , Bentone which was also previously called
    Electro-oil.
    Customers got a good kick when I pointed out that they honestly could tell people that they had a LAMBORGHINI in the back shed !

Ah if only Ferrari bought out ferroli....... Then everyone would have a Ferrari in their shed! :)

Electro-oil.
    There is a lamborghini label on the motor.So what your saying i have a lamborghini in my garage that need new sparks plugs!,picture attached,pic taken in garage!,in case anyone tells my wife im putting kerosene all over the utility again:eek:

• Advertisement

This one has an orange cover

Normally black or grey plastic cover.
    Big long bolt 3" below fuel supply was the giveaway. It splits burner body, inside is a small air flap that was notorious for jamming closed, similar to flap on old Grant/Eco-flam Minor 1
    It was adjusted by a very flimsy bent pin type of adjustment lever. If you never oiled it or took it apart you hadn't a hope in hell on adjustments.

God bless who ever invented 3in1 oil.
    WD40 just dried up.

There is a lamborghini label on the motor.So what your saying i have a lamborghini in my garage that need new sparks plugs!,picture attached,pic taken in garage!,in case anyone tells my wife im putting kerosene all over the utility again:eek:

jaysus agusta thisnt every day you can trade a grant for a Lamborghini :cool:

jaysus agusta thisnt every day you can trade a grant for a Lamborghini :cool:

They also made tractors, the key looked good on your key ring if you were in a club, I'm not talking GAA Club !!

Normally black or grey plastic cover.
    Big long bolt 3" below fuel supply was the giveaway. It splits burner body, inside is a small air flap that was notorious for jamming closed, similar to flap on old Grant/Eco-flam Minor 1
    It was adjusted by a very flimsy bent pin type of adjustment lever. If you never oiled it or took it apart you hadn't a hope in hell on adjustments.

God bless who ever invented 3in1 oil.
    WD40 just dried up.

jaysus I still shudder when I see that name minor 1 my second call to a breakdown was to a minor 1 thank god there getting rarer by the week I hate em with a vengeance

jaysus I still shudder when I see that name minor 1 my second call to a breakdown was to a minor 1 thank god there getting rarer by the week I hate em with a vengeance

I found them lovely to work on + fix. Once you peremently remove air flap that kept jamming. Remove oil pump every time and put some 3in1 down motor shaft.
    All parts availed from Firebird now. Before I had to get airbands from Italy, before that I had to use a sewer pipe wall bracket, perfect horseshoe shape, size, diameter, and with. ( try it )

+ 3.15uf weak capacitor problem,
    Which I would rather not discuss. !!!!!

Only joking.

• Advertisement

I found them lovely to work on + fix. Once you peremently remove air flap that kept jamming. Remove oil pump every time and put some 3in1 down motor shaft.
    All parts availed from Firebird now. Before I had to get airbands from Italy, before that I had to use a sewer pipe wall bracket, perfect horseshoe shape, size, diameter, and with. ( try it )

+ 3.15uf weak capacitor problem,
    Which I would rather not discuss. !!!!!

Only joking.

I think we should ban all talk of capacitors until jan :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,842 ✭✭✭Billy Bunting

I think we should ban all talk of capacitors until jan :D

Number 2 my ass!!!

I'm reporting you to are leader. ;)

;)
    Number 2 my ass!!!

I'm reporting you to are leader. ;)

I think our leader said we were both no2s so you have just sold be down the swanee im probably a bad no 3 now :eek::eek:

thanks billy happy xmas my arse

Advertisement