Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

A good place for a kinda fancy vegetarian breakfast in Limerick?

• 08-11-2013 11:52pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,363 ✭✭✭

I'm bringing friends for breakfast in Limerick City in a fortnight's time, and I want to give a good impression. Where in Limerick does a good fancy-ish breakfast between 9am and 11am during the week?

I'm aware of Delish in Castletroy, and that is certainly an option but I'm looking for good alternatives. My breakfast partners are vegetarian and one has a dairy allergy, just to make the choice a bit harder..

It's times like this that I really miss the Wild Onion Cafe as that would have been a good option. I simply haven't been out for breakfast in Limerick often enough.

Thanks in advance!

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,489 ✭✭✭moby2101

Savoy Hotel has the most luxuriant surroundings...nice decor... piping hot coffee...great waiting staff...newspapers...and the food is excellent.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 526 ✭✭✭yogalady

no1 pery square hotel is impressive. here is where to find their breakfast menu

http://oneperysquare.com/menus/sample-breakfast-menu-1/

cafe in the hunt museum very nice too (don't know their menu)

Sage cafe on catherine street is lovely. cater well for vegetarians

http://www.thesagecafe.com/menu_breakfast.html

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,203 ✭✭✭Parchment

Savoy, Strand Hotel, One Pery Square.

I am a vegetarian but dont eat the veggie fry-up stuff at all, i prefer pancakes/crepes/fruits etc and all the above can cater for those types of food.

Maybe your dairy intolerant friend could bring some soya/almond milk with them as i find vegans are not very well catered for around these parts. They might just end up eating an apple!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,363 ✭✭✭Popoutman

Many thanks for the suggestions.

• Registered Users Posts: 18 Coly5

+1 for Sage!! Lovely place

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 58 ✭✭Bartelby

Sage is the best spot for (fancyish) decent veggie breakfast. Wood Brothers in Killaloe does a great veggie breakfast but it is a bit of a drive. Fitto on Catherine street is also great and has a few nice options for veggies

• Closed Accounts Posts: 308 ✭✭Johnny_BravoIII

The food from "The Grove" vegetarian restaurant on Cecil Street is truly fantastic. I couldn't recommend it enough. She opens until about 4-ish during the weekdays. Not sure about weekends.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,700 ✭✭✭Cartman78

Would recommend Javinos on the Ennis Rd. - nice interior and decent menu (waffles, pancakes etc) at reasonable prices.

Tastiest coffee I've had in a while too.

The Strand is also good - comfy couches and lovely view of the city.

Gloria Jeans is nice too - proper range of coffee but maybe limited on the food options (?)

Not a fan of Delish at all, way way way overpriced imho

Advertisement